All Categories

Damage calculation

Damage calculation

Search
Aug 12, 2022, 23:0608/12/22
02/11/21

Damage calculation

Does anyone know the actual damage formula in RSL? I know ignore defense and crit damage are important stats, but I am curious how much effect they really have. Having this information can help more accurately estimate the tradeoffs, the diminishing returns, the effectiveness of ignore defense, and most importantly, understanding thresholds. 

Views
Comments
Comments
Aug 13, 2022, 00:2008/13/22
06/25/20

What part of the damage formula, specifically? Most of it is pretty straightforward. Effects typically stack multiplicatively - EG, if you have a mastery that gives an 8% damage bonus and another one that gives a 10% bonus, the combined total will be an 18.8% damage bonus.

The part that can at times be difficult to grasp is the damage reduction part. Here's a chart that explains how that one works: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Utf-SJx2r0CNf_S8ixunhzLBBwuoanAT/view

There used to be a damage calculator sheet someone had shared on Google Drive, but it appears that it was taken down. I've uploaded a temporary copy of it here, though I don't actually have Excel installed on this laptop to validate that it works properly:

https://easyupload.io/wqv3ay

No idea if the link will work properly, or how long it will work for. I just googled "free file hosting" and chose one that seemed semi-legit.

Aug 13, 2022, 14:2708/13/22
Aug 13, 2022, 14:28(edited)
04/12/21

OK, while on this topic I thought it would be appropriate to ask some related questions.  I was wondering if you or someone else can DEFINE EXACTLY what is meant by certain terms, like for Lifesteal artifacts "heals by 30% of damage dealt".   Who is getting healed? Does that mean hp increases?  What is the "damage" referred to? How does that look with numbers, where some parameter decreases with a corresponding increase in other parameter(s)? Looking for qualitative answer not quantitative necessarily.

TIA

Aug 13, 2022, 16:2908/13/22
06/25/20
End Is Near

OK, while on this topic I thought it would be appropriate to ask some related questions.  I was wondering if you or someone else can DEFINE EXACTLY what is meant by certain terms, like for Lifesteal artifacts "heals by 30% of damage dealt".   Who is getting healed? Does that mean hp increases?  What is the "damage" referred to? How does that look with numbers, where some parameter decreases with a corresponding increase in other parameter(s)? Looking for qualitative answer not quantitative necessarily.

TIA

Lifesteal (and Leech) both work the same way. You do X damage to the enemy, you heal for Y% amount. Your max hp does not increase - you just recover some of the lost HP. The damage is the number you see over your targets' head after attacking it. Note that you do *not* heal from damage done to shields - only to damage done to their HP.

Aug 14, 2022, 12:3008/14/22
Aug 14, 2022, 12:31(edited)
08/11/22

Hell hades sight has a  damage calculator and a good explanation also . Along wiht a way to tell if you need mroe defense or more HP .   His calculator tells you if you need more of whatever each character uses for damage ( def HP or ATTK .)   or more Cdmg   Here is the Damage one .  also above the calculator is the explanation on how damage is actually calculated in game  completely broken down   . Just go under tools for his other ones .  his sight is a great tool and has almost anything you could want to make the game easier      

https://hellhades.com/damage-efficiency-tool/