FREE DeathKnight Legendary for all

FREE DeathKnight Legendary for all

Search
Comments
dthorne04Moderator
Aug 13, 2022, 04:2208/13/22
12/30/20

This is pretty great news, I would say.

I wonder if it'll be a log in that's pullable from shards after the event, or what. 🤔

Aug 13, 2022, 05:1208/13/22
04/24/22

tbh with ninja and the likes , i hope they stick to him being limited time ... If i cant get ninja . etc ... i expect geetting champs like Ulti DK and others missing out and see how it feels to own a champ no one else will get ..

No that im favir for these ... but i missed a few and i would gladly push my burden onto others until they make all of those limited champs able to be pulled from shards !

harleQuinnModerator
Aug 13, 2022, 05:4708/13/22
02/24/19

I am actually starting to get a tiny bit hyped about this Ultimate Deathknight thing now lol

Aug 13, 2022, 07:0608/13/22
02/11/22

It would be cool if this legenday was somewhat tied to the commons. Like he gets a bonus for every regular one on the team. Or the opposite, the commons become super strong when he's there with them, something like that :P Go max those commons! with masteries and all! LOL

harleQuinnModerator
Aug 13, 2022, 07:4008/13/22
02/24/19
Swiftblade

It would be cool if this legenday was somewhat tied to the commons. Like he gets a bonus for every regular one on the team. Or the opposite, the commons become super strong when he's there with them, something like that :P Go max those commons! with masteries and all! LOL

This is a cool concept!

Aug 13, 2022, 10:0908/13/22
10/08/17

I cannot help but think of what some content creators are saying about RAID not being able to keep player retention

Giving away Legendary champions is a good way to keep players checking back for those  limited time FREE Legends.

High level accounts never  leave the game as their accounts are always there waiting for them but players  may take a break. But with RAID giving away limited champs then you certainly do not want to miss out

Aug 13, 2022, 12:3908/13/22
05/29/21
Swiftblade

that would be another alexander the useless. i would rather fantasize about his own, internal slots for commons or uncommons, which can be released in the field. imagine a bunch of armigers, jumping out of him for one turn and just stomping someone.

Aug 13, 2022, 14:0108/13/22
10/08/17
peaceof

that would be another alexander the useless. i would rather fantasize about his own, internal slots for commons or uncommons, which can be released in the field. imagine a bunch of armigers, jumping out of him for one turn and just stomping someone.

LOL sounds cool, kinda  like the new content of 3 skeleton warriors poping outof the ground and attacking the enemy

Aug 13, 2022, 16:0008/13/22
02/11/22

Ya that could be it also :P. The regular one does a little bit of Sleep, and he has a passive counter-attack. I wonder if those are gonna be the base of the Ultimate's new build. with whatever they think of to go around and complement those. However, sleep is a bit boring, maybe a stun would be better.

Aug 13, 2022, 17:0108/13/22
05/29/21
PriestGuardian

LOL sounds cool, kinda  like the new content of 3 skeleton warriors poping outof the ground and attacking the enemy

yep. thats exactly what inspired the idea :D

Aug 13, 2022, 17:5608/13/22
06/20/19

He will be a legendary HP UH Magic champ with sleep and CA abilities.  I'm hoping he will have an AOE CA ability as those are very rare and would actually be useful to numerous players.  They have hyped this so much I hope it lives up to the expectations they are setting.  Any free Lego is appreciated but this is a lot of hype.  The idea of tying him to commons is both very cool conceptualy, and worthless.  Skull Lord benefits from rares on his team and all they do is take up and waste a slots.  It would be really cool if one of his skill animations showed a swarm of zombies/skeletons rising out of the ground.  Listening to Jedi it almost sounds like it will not even be a 7 day login.  Just log in and claim him.  We will see :)

Aug 13, 2022, 19:5808/13/22
05/07/22

well, i hope he's good.

Aug 13, 2022, 20:5608/13/22
06/25/20
Angwil

He will be a legendary HP UH Magic champ with sleep and CA abilities.  I'm hoping he will have an AOE CA ability as those are very rare and would actually be useful to numerous players.  They have hyped this so much I hope it lives up to the expectations they are setting.  Any free Lego is appreciated but this is a lot of hype.  The idea of tying him to commons is both very cool conceptualy, and worthless.  Skull Lord benefits from rares on his team and all they do is take up and waste a slots.  It would be really cool if one of his skill animations showed a swarm of zombies/skeletons rising out of the ground.  Listening to Jedi it almost sounds like it will not even be a 7 day login.  Just log in and claim him.  We will see :)

Pretty close to what I'm predicting, too.

Aug 13, 2022, 21:2208/13/22
05/03/20

Will he be 5 star or 2 star worthy?

Aug 14, 2022, 16:0808/14/22
11/19/20

Honestly I'm disappointed that this is going to be free for everyone, because it probably means he'll be a fairly weak legendary.

I was hoping for a new permanent fusion that was fairly resource intensive but gave you something really cool if/when you actually got through it. There hasn't been a new permanent fusion since I started the game, and I think permanent fusions are a cool concept!

Also, I need more champions with really cool mechanics - either rewards like Lydia or Mithrala, or fusions like Gaius or Helicath or Dreng. If they're hard to get, that's OK! I don't need filler, though, even if it's easy to get.

Aug 14, 2022, 16:2008/14/22
brosek

Honestly I'm disappointed that this is going to be free for everyone, because it probably means he'll be a fairly weak legendary.

I was hoping for a new permanent fusion that was fairly resource intensive but gave you something really cool if/when you actually got through it. There hasn't been a new permanent fusion since I started the game, and I think permanent fusions are a cool concept!

Also, I need more champions with really cool mechanics - either rewards like Lydia or Mithrala, or fusions like Gaius or Helicath or Dreng. If they're hard to get, that's OK! I don't need filler, though, even if it's easy to get.

"Honestly I'm disappointed that this is going to be free for everyone, because it probably means he'll be a fairly weak legendary."

Just like Ninja and Scyl ?

Aug 14, 2022, 17:0408/14/22
11/19/20

Eh, fair point. But there's plenty that aren't that good, too, like Yaga and Aleksander.

dthorne04Moderator
Aug 14, 2022, 17:1408/14/22
12/30/20
brosek

Eh, fair point. But there's plenty that aren't that good, too, like Yaga and Aleksander.

Well, Yaga isn't a legendary, and while Aleks is the worst of the bunch, that bunch includes Ninja, Deliana, Visix, Scyl and Rhazin, though Rhazin does require some work. 

Plus I always find the complaints about free champions to be odd. Though it may not always be the biggest hit for endgame players, it will be a nice get for the vast majority of players before endgame, who far outnumber the endgame players.

A lot of the complaints we hear are "make the game more F2P friendly" and I think giving players free legendaries is a decent way to do so. 

Aug 14, 2022, 17:5708/14/22
06/20/19
brosek

I was thinking it would suck for this guy to be free for everyone as well.  Not because he would suck.  But because every Bozo with a red nose and over-sized shoes would have an A- or S-tier champ lol.

Aug 14, 2022, 22:4708/14/22
11/19/20
dthorne04

Well, Yaga isn't a legendary, and while Aleks is the worst of the bunch, that bunch includes Ninja, Deliana, Visix, Scyl and Rhazin, though Rhazin does require some work. 

Plus I always find the complaints about free champions to be odd. Though it may not always be the biggest hit for endgame players, it will be a nice get for the vast majority of players before endgame, who far outnumber the endgame players.

A lot of the complaints we hear are "make the game more F2P friendly" and I think giving players free legendaries is a decent way to do so. 

Sure, I don't mind at all if Plarium wants to give away free legendaries. If they're useful to me, I'll build them, and if they're not, I can stick them in the vault in case things look different in the future. I'm not hating on it.

But... I'd still enjoy getting something that is really useful to me more than something that isn't, and I have enough legendaries and am far enough through the game that an average legendary isn't necessary going to be a big benefit for me.

If he turns out to be as useful as ninja ,that'd be awesome.