All Categories

Help me plan my next champs to level?

Search
Jul 8, 2022, 18:0307/08/22
06/05/22

Here's a screenshot of what I have going on currently. I just got my fifth 5* food champion today and I'm really struggling to decide on my 4th level 60. Most of my comps run Athel/Brakus/Magnar then a tossup between Husk/Vergis/Deliana/Sandlashed. I'm mostly F2P aside from about $40 I spent early on books, and I'm now realizing how rare they are and wanting to make sure not to waste them. I also just got High Khatun though, and wondering if Vildrax is trash with the hex changes and could get them to 60 rather fast.

I have 2 sacred shard and 14 ancient shards as well. But, I've been holding them hoping to increase my chances with a 2x event.

TL;DR - Should I make Husk/Vergis/Deliana/Sandlashed/or High Khatun my next 60? Or would you wait until you open your 2 sacred shards to decide if it was you based on my champ pool? Thank you!

i

Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 8, 2022, 18:1007/08/22
06/25/20

Brakus is, sadly, not really that great for most dungeon teams outside of Fire Knight, since all of his abilities are single-target. You also really don't have anything at all for Spider - the lower Spider stages you can likely clear with Magnarr nuking them, but the higher ones rely on either CC (which you don't have) or max-HP damage (which you also don't have, outside of Husk). 

You're missing a pretty essential piece of basically all dungeon teams, at least early on - you have no real way of keeping your team alive. Deliana does some work with Leech, but likely won't be enough. 

As much as it's likely not want you want to hear, I think you simply don't have the pieces to invest in for dungeon teams. So, for now, what I would do is build out the ones you will eventually use, and focus on farming food:

• Deliana (solid support for all dungeons except FK)
  • Sandlashed Survivor (see above)
  • Khatun (good all-around useful speed booster)
  • Armiger (all around useful)

In all honesty though, I don't know if I'd even bother leveling any of those just yet. You just don't know who you'll end up using. I would focus on food and, if you truly get bored and feel the need to level someone, pick from one of those four.

dthorne04Moderator
Jul 8, 2022, 18:2007/08/22
12/30/20

I think I can agree that none of these champs are going to be game changers at the moment, but I think for overall progression I'd choose High Khatun, if I'm taking someone up. She does the turn meter manipulation/speed booster role for us, and we're likely to be using her for awhile. Should help you farm a little bit of arena in the meantime, too.

What I might do first however, is go grab a Warmaiden from Campaign and take her to 50. We lack an AoE Defense down and that is a role we want to fill ASAP.

Jul 8, 2022, 18:5107/08/22
06/05/22
dthorne04

I think I can agree that none of these champs are going to be game changers at the moment, but I think for overall progression I'd choose High Khatun, if I'm taking someone up. She does the turn meter manipulation/speed booster role for us, and we're likely to be using her for awhile. Should help you farm a little bit of arena in the meantime, too.

What I might do first however, is go grab a Warmaiden from Campaign and take her to 50. We lack an AoE Defense down and that is a role we want to fill ASAP.

Thank you for this input!

Would you hold onto your two sacred shards if you were where I'm at for a 2x event? Or maybe since my team is so lacking and I have no legendary books... that it might be better to just use them now and see what I get?

I got rid of my warmaiden for a fusion initially, I'll grab another one and boost her up.

Jul 8, 2022, 18:5407/08/22
06/05/22
kramaswamy.kr

Brakus is, sadly, not really that great for most dungeon teams outside of Fire Knight, since all of his abilities are single-target. You also really don't have anything at all for Spider - the lower Spider stages you can likely clear with Magnarr nuking them, but the higher ones rely on either CC (which you don't have) or max-HP damage (which you also don't have, outside of Husk). 

You're missing a pretty essential piece of basically all dungeon teams, at least early on - you have no real way of keeping your team alive. Deliana does some work with Leech, but likely won't be enough. 

As much as it's likely not want you want to hear, I think you simply don't have the pieces to invest in for dungeon teams. So, for now, what I would do is build out the ones you will eventually use, and focus on farming food:

• Deliana (solid support for all dungeons except FK)
  • Sandlashed Survivor (see above)
  • Khatun (good all-around useful speed booster)
  • Armiger (all around useful)

In all honesty though, I don't know if I'd even bother leveling any of those just yet. You just don't know who you'll end up using. I would focus on food and, if you truly get bored and feel the need to level someone, pick from one of those four.

Thanks a bunch for this in-depth response. Very kind of you. Not what I wanted to hear, but I also only want to hear truth so thanks for breaking it to me kindly! 

Yeah, with this team I'm stuck at level 10 on Spider/Fire Knight (I beat 11 on both, but not farmable) and 13 on all the other dungeons. I guess I will do the food route and hope to pull a great champion eventually that I can boost up to 60 instantly with my saved resources.

Jul 8, 2022, 18:5907/08/22
06/25/20
HijoDeDios

Thanks a bunch for this in-depth response. Very kind of you. Not what I wanted to hear, but I also only want to hear truth so thanks for breaking it to me kindly! 

Yeah, with this team I'm stuck at level 10 on Spider/Fire Knight (I beat 11 on both, but not farmable) and 13 on all the other dungeons. I guess I will do the food route and hope to pull a great champion eventually that I can boost up to 60 instantly with my saved resources.

It's almost certainly not going to be possible, at least without spending money, but if you at all can get the current fusion champ, he'd be a very good fit for you. The HP burn will be great for Spider, and the rest of his kit can absolutely help keep you alive for the dungeons.

dthorne04Moderator
Jul 8, 2022, 19:1207/08/22
12/30/20
HijoDeDios

Thank you for this input!

Would you hold onto your two sacred shards if you were where I'm at for a 2x event? Or maybe since my team is so lacking and I have no legendary books... that it might be better to just use them now and see what I get?

I got rid of my warmaiden for a fusion initially, I'll grab another one and boost her up.

You're very welcome.

I agree with kram's assessment that this fusion is going to be difficult for you, for what it's worth. 

I would hold sacreds. You're not in as bad off shape as you might think, you have champions that cover quite a few of the roles you'll need and want long term, specifically the ones kram listed that are worth taking up and investing in.

Jul 9, 2022, 14:5007/09/22
Jul 9, 2022, 14:51(edited)
06/05/22

Mini Update -

I broke down and used my 2 sacred shards and I ended up getting Melga and Fodbor. I pull dwarves SO much for some reason.

Would Melga fit the support role that I'm lacking better than Vergis would, or are they too different to compare?

Also, would it be better to invest in Fodbor as my AoE decrease defense over Warmaiden?

Jul 9, 2022, 23:0607/09/22
06/25/20
HijoDeDios

Mini Update -

I broke down and used my 2 sacred shards and I ended up getting Melga and Fodbor. I pull dwarves SO much for some reason.

Would Melga fit the support role that I'm lacking better than Vergis would, or are they too different to compare?

Also, would it be better to invest in Fodbor as my AoE decrease defense over Warmaiden?

Melga is good. Her biggest problem is that the revive doesn't leave the allies with much remaining HP though. That said, she'll retain end-game value at very least in DT secret rooms, so leveling her isn't a waste.

Fodbor, on the other hand, 100% will replace Warmaiden. No need to waste resources on her anymore. Get him to 60 ASAP, he'll help you hugely.

dthorne04Moderator
Jul 10, 2022, 01:1907/10/22
12/30/20

Fodbor does have the issue of a longer cooldown on the defense down but is overall quite underrated. The A1 will help in Spirit Keep, where a lot of early game players struggle vs. the boss, and that A1 is also good in Fire Knight to help bring down the shield. 

Strong champion with a nice kit overall, can also hit reasonably hard.