All Categories

An insightful Reflection

An insightful Reflection

Search
Jun 8, 2022, 12:5506/08/22
06/30/21

An insightful Reflection

XSo I have been researching and testing (I am not a whale, and don't have every champ that fits the guidelines for this topic 🙃) how the game calculates raw damage, how the multipliers effect ATK, DEF or HP stat, the unique exceptions in a specific champion's damage formula, I.E. damage scaling from [ATK] (+) [Enemy Max HP] - or - [ATK] with the denotation in a champion's ability description that Damage is increased according to "number of debuffs on the target" So on and so forth 

There are some patterns and relative 'guarantees' I have found among many of these champions, and yet after testing them I am renounced to say that I am a little confused with their damage.

Here is my biggest question - take the handful of Enemy Max HP champions in the game. Youll notice that most of these champs (Armiger, Septimus, Royal Guard) for example, indicate the following mathematical expression in their ability description;" Damage based on: [ATK] [Enemy Max HP] " Yet there seems to be a larger window of difference for total damage between the champs I have than I can produce using the principal maths for them all. The scaling from Enemy Max HP is massive and should reflect over 95% of the damage, when used on high level bosses that have millions of HP points. Having 1000 atk, or having 5000 atk is only a difference of 4000 raw dmg added to hundreds of thousands of raw dmg.

Then there are, that I have found through the ingame index, only a few champions that indicate the same formula with the exception that the two values are reversed so that enemy max hp is adding into the attack stat. ( [Enemy MAX HP] [ATK] )

I realize that this does not change the output, they are inversely the same, but there are undeniable differences across each champion?.When considering the Order of Operations, and factoring in the other values like Crit and %DMG from skill tomes, it becomes important that the order in which you multiply the values is correct.

We can see that the point in the calculation when you input crit damage is proportional to total output damage value, [ATK + Enemy max HP] x Skill Multiplier x Crit % x Skill tome % x Masteries 

And if you factor in crit dmg before or after any of the other values the output value will drastically change. Is the crit % multiplied by the ATK stat before Enemy Max HP is factored in? Or is it after the enemy Max HP has been added into the ATK stat?

My level 50 Coldheart with 3000 ATK and 160 Crit DMG smacks Spider 21 for about 6 - 700,000. Almost at the capped level. But my Kalvalax with 5000 atk and 210 crit%, as well as including bonus damage from each poison debuff, only smacks for around 400,000. Ive checked and all of the sites that have the multipliers show that these two champions have the same enemy max hp scaling formula which is 0.01 x Enemy Max HP.

If anyone has any additional information that you think would interest me, or resources about this topic please send them my way. Im also curious to see who everybody uses the most and who their strongest Enemy Max HP champ is or even any champ with unique Damage Scaling in their abilities would be.

Views
Comments
Comments
Jun 8, 2022, 13:3606/08/22
07/08/19

kalvalax's ability has a multiplier of 0.01 (multiplied by poison count), not 0.1.

Jun 8, 2022, 14:2406/08/22
Jun 8, 2022, 14:25(edited)
06/30/21
Carpe_Piscis

kalvalax's ability has a multiplier of 0.01 (multiplied by poison count), not 0.1.

Yes,  he does, as I originally indicated in my post 🙃

Jun 8, 2022, 14:4006/08/22
Jun 8, 2022, 14:42(edited)
06/25/20
Spangmastaflex

Your post literally says "Ive checked and all of the sites that have the multipliers show that these two champions have the same enemy max hp scaling formula which is 0.01 x Enemy Max HP."

They do not have the same scaling. CH is 0.1. Kalvalax is 0.01 * poisoncount. It's very likely the Queen will not have many poisons on her, so you're very likely to get a significant reduction in damage. The only reason they are even close is because of your low CDMG on CH, and, possibly, because of no DEF down + Weaken.

This isn't really one for analysis. Against bosses, Max HP scales *way* more off CDMG than off ATK.

But, just to further clarify - the scaling is NOT (ATK + MaxHPScaling) * Multiplier. It is ATK*Multiplier + MaxHPScaling. If it were the former, you'd be looking at one-shot kills from Coldheart.

Jun 8, 2022, 14:4406/08/22
07/08/19
Spangmastaflex

fair enough, let me rephrase. coldheart (along with the bulk of champions who scale based on max hp) has a multiplier of 0.1, not 0.01.

Jun 9, 2022, 12:1406/09/22
Jun 9, 2022, 12:16(edited)
06/30/21

Well. Must be covid eating my brain because I had both champs pulled up on HH/ayumi when i posted this. It appears I was bested by my arch nemesis, confirmation bias 😞

My representation of the damage formula was meant to be exactly as it is shown on the game, for the sake of certain readers, obviously it is not [ATK + Enemy max HP] * multiplier - as this would amount to impossible power... how I have it towards the beginning [ATK] [Enemy Max HP] is what I was trying to type there, clearly I was mistaken and didnt catch it. But thank you for addressing this, and for continuing to share your avid capacity of knowledge on Raid :)

You say It scales off Crit way more than base ATK? I have read and heard this many times  when creating this mathematically, it does appear to be correct, however I have some reservations about this at the same time.

This is more concerning Kalvalax as i believe I have encountered a bug with his A3 output. This is what happens on CB, Spider, IG,  and FK. For the sake of simplicity, we will disregard def down and weaken and other small influences on the damage here that probably could reasonably be included to change the output dmg but not enough to compare to the difference im about to explain, and BTW I did consider if these buffs were effecting how CH and Kal were doing, all buffs/bonuses/abilities/masteries/poison counts were identical between multiple times using both in multiple stages.

So here it is - If I use Kals A3 on pretty much all of these bosses *EXCEPT DRAGON* most of the time Dragon 25, without any poisons on the target, I get a dmg that is pretty much the same as if it were calculated as just ATK * 3.5 + (0.01 * MAX HP) which is pretty much just ATK * 3.5 to begin with.

Which makes sense, since there are zero poisons to multiply into the above scaling, and when there are atleast 2 poisons up, the dmg from his A3 essentially doubles. Logically, having any more poisons up is going to be that amount multiplied into the 0.01 * MAX HP and again essentially doubling in scaling with each poison added to this.

I have been using him for over a month now, and there is clearly either a *hidden* mechanic or dmg cap in play for this champion because it never reflects according to how many poisons I have up on the target, if I have 2 or if I have 8 up, I get the same DMG everytime.

This is what my Kal should be tolling out, as a raw value against zero def and 0.01 * 2 * 1 :000000  HP   5150 * 3.5 + (2*0.01*10000000)  = 

Adding 4 more poisons we get : 

G-

5150 * 3.5 + (6*0.01*10000000) = 618025

When Crit % is included which is currently 199% this dmg is turned into (5150 * 3.5 + 6*0.01*10000000 x 2.99 =1812 025.

If there is a cap here, i can provide a pic of smacking spider 23 with probably 6 or 7 poisons up and not even getting around 600K, which is odd considering coldheart caps out on the spider at 770K??? although I have not done this with my coldheart yet.

I will try to include some screenshots but right now there is some maintenance happening?

Jun 14, 2022, 09:4406/14/22
Jun 14, 2022, 10:15(edited)
06/30/21

i

i

i

i

i

There is some confusion I have here considering zero poisons up, critical hit is worth 54K, not even at Warmaster cap @65K (75K), yet non critical hit with 2 poisons up and dec def, hits for 66K damage..and then theres the absurdity of having two poisons, def down and getting 184,804K damage then having SAME def down, and FOUR poisons yet still smacking for 184,804K Damage. Shouldn't this have produced 2 more points of damage or 2 thousand more at the very least if we weigh in the Enemy Max HP not working here? Mind you that 184,804 is not as high as I have seen this attack hit for, either.

First, I know that MAX HP doesn't scale correctly with CB. Really wish I knew why Plarium won't correct this.

Second, I notice this same thing happening on certain dungeon bosses, where I will get the same or even less damage from his A3 having atleast 2 poisons up, or having 3 or more up. His tier 6 mastery is WM throwing it out there.

Jun 14, 2022, 12:0206/14/22
06/25/20

It's not a question of "correcting" it. Max-HP effects are capped on CB for obvious reasons - if they weren't, they'd scale out of control. Ditto for on Dungeon bosses on levels after 20.

Jun 14, 2022, 12:4706/14/22
06/30/21

It clearly is an *issue* because the cap works just fine on dungeons 20+ and does not whatsoever for CB. Still nothing yet explaining how Kal is smacking for different values and having same/ much much lower values while having bonus damage up.

They could easily address this. Just as enemy max hp is divided by a fraction of a 100th (ENEMY MAX HP * 0.01) (or tenth 0.1), scale oppositely according toCB Health. Maybe something like: 

(ENEMY MAX HP * 0.01 * 10%) and a further 2.5% in addition for every 100M CB Health.

Example - CB MAX HP = 100million. ENEMY MAX HP cap = 100,000,000 * 0.01 * 10% [or 0.10] = 100K.

CB MAX HP = 400million. ENEMY MAX HP cap = 400,000,000 * 0.01 * 17.5% = 700,000K not including higher defense on CB at this stage. 

Guess I could have used the actual CB HP values from ingame, but this was easier.