All Categories

Time to quit

Time to quit

Search
Apr 6, 2022, 09:4404/06/22
10/15/20

Time to quit

A lot of players and content creators tell you since years, that the main issue of Raid is... no not, the arena, the time needed to play. I'm not going to let my device run 24/7 just to complete anything in Raid. But your toxic policy is making that necessary. Not running Raid 24/7 leads to loging in and seeing that the f...ing dungeon divers event is over allready.

Together with that comes your toxic behaviour of giving as less information to the players as possible, better give them no information, and best give them false iformation (aka lies) like "no fusion this month". Players are supposed to believe this, so they don't hoard shards or energy in preparation of the fusion. Then the fusion just sneaks into the game and players can buy energy or shards. Dealmaking via liing.

Other examples for that information policy are the invisible mercy counter and forbidding 3rd party solutions, or fusion shedule allways after the fusion started allready and of course without UTC timetable. You don't want players to complete the fusion. It's better if they end up at 95 shards, so you can sell them the missing ones in the market.

In the 80's games where made in a way that players are supposed to lose. That was, because nobody had a gaming device at home, games where played in halls and players had to insert coins for every try. So if the game is made in a way that the player will have no success, he has to insert a new coin for playing again. That way of game making died in the 90's, as gaming devices at home became commen and this system of game making became obsolet. You revived this undead system of game making again. Players are supposed to have as less success in the game as possible. Trying to make customers buy something by frustration. 

If Plarium would sell houses, there would be no warm water, but a possibility to buy a water heater in their shop. 

Views
Comments
Comments
Apr 6, 2022, 10:0504/06/22
02/14/21

I understand where you are coming from, I have had 1 foot out the door for some time now and the amount of time the games needs to be running 24/7 with bots playing is by far the biggest reason.

I might get the old ban stick for this but if you like this type of game try ACE, so far only need to play a couple hours a day, bots=ban and alot of your issues they do like event Calendar, lots of comunation so far.

GL to you

Apr 6, 2022, 11:4504/06/22
Apr 6, 2022, 11:47(edited)
02/13/21

I'm genuinely sorry to see you go Skadi.  There aren't many regulars on the forum that I think bring a lot of good content and discussion, and you will definitely be missed.  I agree that the game is getting more and more time consuming, and the relentless pace of fusion/fragment events can really start to drag us down.

I used to do all content every day but I find myself just finishing the bare minimum (usually the basic daily quests) and then stepping away.  Some days I don't even do that.  I've started to treat this game as more of an every other day hobby, though I still try to join the occassional fusion/fragment event

I hope that whatever you choose to do next goes well, and if you ever do pick the game up again then remember to jump back here too

harleQuinnModerator
Apr 6, 2022, 12:1204/06/22
02/24/19

Hi Skadi. Sorry to see you go, or even just take a break. Your participation here and opinions are always valued.

I can't argue with your feelings on any of these things, but I did ask about a couple of your points already and can provide some answers/clarification.

I was directly told there would be no fusion this month, and likely will not complete it, as I spent my ancients on a summoning event and coupled with a single digit Sacred Shard total over the last 3 months, I could not complete the summon rush/champ chase combo for the first time in a very long time. With the situation in the Ukraine, they did not expect to be able to get the fusion going in time, did not have the resources in place to finish him, and were going to push it back to next month or beyond. Still, it certainly had the effect of F2P players, like myself, of being unable to complete the event.

As far as a schedule with UTC times, that isn't possible with how the game runs. All of us get event start times within a 12-hour window. So your event may start at 3am UTC, while my event starts at 7am UTC. This is done so the game can do whatever it needs to do to close and open events without a downtime for maintenance each one.

I would, to your point, love to get a fusion calendar out earlier. They have told me that is a goal when I have asked, but were barely able to get it done this fusion at all due to the war and their offices being closed/staff scattered. I was surprised to see the fusion, and even moe surprised to see a calendar, knowing some of the inside info of how life is for the Plarium employees who make those things.

I agree that the time requirement in Raid is 10x higher than it has been. I have had to take a step back in the amount of time I am logged in as well. I am sure some of us remember when the problem was the opposite, literally NOTHING to do in Raid.

Anyways, all that said. Have a good day/week/month, hope to see you back here at some point.

Apr 6, 2022, 12:3204/06/22
10/15/20

Letting your device run 8 hours at the Fire Knight while you are asleep is not what I consider as "something to do" in a game. What's the deeper meaning of doing this?

Another question: how to uninstall completely? Is that really the only component?

i

129 MB seems a bit low. But I couldn't find any other entries related to raid in the programm list.

harleQuinnModerator
Apr 6, 2022, 12:5504/06/22
02/24/19
Skadi

Letting your device run 8 hours at the Fire Knight while you are asleep is not what I consider as "something to do" in a game. What's the deeper meaning of doing this?

Another question: how to uninstall completely? Is that really the only component?

i

129 MB seems a bit low. But I couldn't find any other entries related to raid in the programm list.

LOL. I don't know. I have yet to dramatically and publicly uninstall software, Raid included. 

I assume you'll get it all sorted though.

Apr 6, 2022, 13:4004/06/22
02/14/21
Skadi

i

TY Skadi

I had 1 foot out the door but this comment made me realize I need to make it 2.

They just keep moving the goal posts and the game is becoming increasingly less fun for me.

Apr 6, 2022, 14:0704/06/22
06/25/20
Skadi

i

I'm not sure which UI that is, but I know on Android, at least, they track the app itself and the storage data of the app separately. When you uninstall, it removes both, but it isn't visibly evident from that screen.

dthorne04Moderator
Apr 6, 2022, 16:4004/06/22
12/30/20

Despite your previous efforts as a longtime forum member and player, it doesn't preclude you from following the rules. Please note the official forum rules here:  

This thread has pretty clearly drifted into 3.11 at the very least, along with other areas given your need to make snide, inflammatory remarks.

I hope you enjoy whatever you do next, and hope that those of you who have grievances with the game are able to carry yourselves like adults while expressing them. 

So long and thanks for all the fish, Skadi.

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.