All Categories

Hydra is so cruel

Hydra is so cruel

Search
Mar 22, 2022, 23:4803/22/22
08/26/21

Hydra is so cruel

I love raid shadow legends, it is one of my favorite games. I have spent tons of money on it. I would have spent tons more, but hydra clan boss infuriates me so much that I have decided to quit the game 😔. 

Why would I want to see my champions that I have spent so much time and resources on get blown up in 3 rounds. The head of mischief makes me so mad. I use block buffs and block debuffs to no efffect. There is just way too much going on. Whoever created the hydra clan boss is very cruel, and what an awful thing to do to your players. Peace! Thanks for all the good times I did have.

God bless America, God bless Ukraine!

Views
Comments
Comments
harleQuinnModerator
Mar 22, 2022, 23:5103/22/22
02/24/19

Sorry you are leaving.

If you ever come back, or want to give it another shot, come back and post your roster here and we will see if we can help you with some teams and strats we use to fight Hydra. Maybe we can come up with something together.

i

Mar 23, 2022, 00:2403/23/22
08/26/21

I was crushed on normal hydra, and what sealed my decision to quit the game was that I had a horrendous 85,000 damage and my team was embarrased and destroyed in 3-4 rounds.

My team was: Tatura Rimehide, Cardiel( a lot of my damage comes from Cardiel's Ally attack), Archbishop Pinthroy, Sigmund the Highshield(My favorite champion!) Riho Bonespear and Rector Drath. 

All champions are fully booked, max rank and full ascension.  All have 200+ speed. most of those champions are around 40,000 power.  

Thanks so much for any advice. I have quit the game, but I would still like to know what I am doing wrong. Really appreciate it.

Mar 23, 2022, 01:3603/23/22
08/26/21

Well I have to go to bed for work tomorrow. I will check back tomorrow after work to see what you suggest. Have a good night. Thank you.

Mar 23, 2022, 02:2103/23/22
12/19/19
Thraxx

Well I have to go to bed for work tomorrow. I will check back tomorrow after work to see what you suggest. Have a good night. Thank you.

Fyi, I think the current rotation is the most difficult one.  I think I did half the damage I usually do.  You have some really good champs there but I don't think the comp works well as a whole.  And u really need to manual, it just is not auto friendly... 

I think all good champs but probably some need to be on a different team, hard to make suggestions without seeing other options. 

dthorne04Moderator
Mar 23, 2022, 02:3203/23/22
12/30/20
Trips

Fyi, I think the current rotation is the most difficult one.  I think I did half the damage I usually do.  You have some really good champs there but I don't think the comp works well as a whole.  And u really need to manual, it just is not auto friendly... 

I think all good champs but probably some need to be on a different team, hard to make suggestions without seeing other options. 

+1 to this. Would love to see the rest of the roster. Need to be able to deal with the lovely interactions between Decay/Blight/Mischief. More HP burn would be nice, too.

Mar 23, 2022, 03:1303/23/22
11/29/20

this current rotation, which i think is going to last 2 more weeks, is just a no go for most people.  quit a month from now when your champs can't do anything.

maybe they'll make it even worse next rotation to really seal it for you. 

Mar 23, 2022, 03:2403/23/22
07/08/19
Thraxx

I was crushed on normal hydra, and what sealed my decision to quit the game was that I had a horrendous 85,000 damage and my team was embarrased and destroyed in 3-4 rounds.

My team was: Tatura Rimehide, Cardiel( a lot of my damage comes from Cardiel's Ally attack), Archbishop Pinthroy, Sigmund the Highshield(My favorite champion!) Riho Bonespear and Rector Drath. 

All champions are fully booked, max rank and full ascension.  All have 200+ speed. most of those champions are around 40,000 power.  

Thanks so much for any advice. I have quit the game, but I would still like to know what I am doing wrong. Really appreciate it.

the biggest issue i see here is that your team has no damage to speak of. you have only one single-target hp burn, no poison (which is pretty useless on this rotation, but can be helpful on some others), and a team built entirely of support champions. the only one i see who might be able to put out any sort of decent damage is sigmund, while all your others will be pretty insignificant. that means you'd be relying entirely on warmaster and giant slayer for damage with this setup and i'm guessing none of your champs have it.

dthorne04Moderator
Mar 23, 2022, 03:3103/23/22
Mar 23, 2022, 06:40(edited)
12/30/20
Carpe_Piscis

the biggest issue i see here is that your team has no damage to speak of. you have only one single-target hp burn, no poison (which is pretty useless on this rotation, but can be helpful on some others), and a team built entirely of support champions. the only one i see who might be able to put out any sort of decent damage is sigmund, while all your others will be pretty insignificant. that means you'd be relying entirely on warmaster and giant slayer for damage with this setup and i'm guessing none of your champs have it.

To be fair, I think a lot of people run into this problem. They have objectively really strong champs, maybe even geared really well but are going to get dumpstered by some combination of not having the right champions for the mechanics and of course, RNG. I would guess this has caused a lot of players - who might even have the rosters for the content - to just throw their hands up and walk away. 

Pinthroy is nice for block buffs but I think we could still use HP burn, specifically Geomancer who would be straight up busted for OP. 

Would love to see those builds, though. I wonder if Mischief is just yanking OP's buffs and straight up wrecking them after that. 

Mar 23, 2022, 10:1003/23/22
Mar 23, 2022, 10:11(edited)
03/30/21

This is a bad rotation, i did a lot less per key this cycle. Mischief is in my opinion not the best designed head in the world either as it can mess up runs early through poor luck.

As to your team, i agree it is good for sustain but needs a damager or two.

I find royal guard is great for raw damage, and geomancer is great for damaging wrath... but try and tempt the head that cleanses to do his cleanse before applying the debuffs that you really want to stick (if you put up a lot of decoy debuffs, the head will cleanse then you can put up the real debuffs next turn)

It really depends who you have on your roster. I wouldnt quit over one poorly designed mode however if otherwise enjoying playing.

Mar 23, 2022, 12:0303/23/22
10/15/20

The combination of the buff stealing head and the debuff removing head is just the biggest bs in the history of this game. A lot of people think so, and I'm glad that Thraxx opened this thread, so the devs get to know what the playerbase thinks about it.

Mar 23, 2022, 23:3803/23/22
Mar 24, 2022, 00:09(edited)
08/26/21

guys thanks so much for the advice. I still havent logged in, and it is gonna be hard to quit but i am determined, at least until they fix hydra. I dont understand why it has to be so punishing and infuriating on the lowest difficulty setting. 

Hydra clan boss should have 2 heads on normal, and then increase to more heads as you get higher difficulty.  This was supposed to be a great new clan boss that is rewarding and fun. instead it is keyboard smashing infuriating. Older players came back to check out hydra, and then left again immediatly when they saw how broken and nasty it is. 

I do have Geomancer maxed out, so if i break down and decide to play again, i will mix him in with the support champs. I do have a tendency to go really heavy on support champions. 

I also have Royal Guard, just not maxed out yet, so I will think about getting him in the mix as well.  I have Krisk the ageless as well but i needed block buffs so i went with Pinthroy instead, and after going through all the trouble to max Pinthroy and book him, and then see my team get wrecked in 4 rounds, I was infuriated and quit the game(which is weird for me, i usually dont get mad easily).

I really appreciate the advice, you guys are awesome. Oh yea, yes all my champs have warmaster mastery. It is weird because i Just got over 10 million damage with this same comp a couple rotaions ago, but this time the head of mischief ripped off my buffs and crushed me before I even had a chance. 

Mar 24, 2022, 02:0303/24/22
08/26/21

Here is some of my roster, (trying to remember them all, as I have not logged in) I had, before I quit because of Hydra rage: 

Riho Bonespear( I had 2 of her), Krisk the Ageless, Cardiel, Turvold, Vlad the Nightborn, Sir Nicholas, Borogar the Elder, Fu-Shan, Elder Scaarg, Vizier Ovelis, Warchief, Candraphon, Gliseah Soulguide, Kantra the Cyclone, Mountain King, Rhazin Scarhide, Archbishop Pinthroy, Lyssandra, Mortu-Macaab, Ruel the Huntmaster, Tatura Rimehide, Tomb Lord(amazing champ) Yannica, Aleksandre the Sharpshooter, Cillian the Lucky, Countess Lix, Grohak the Bloodied, Lady Kimi, Lanakis the Chosen, Ninja, Roshcard the Tower, Rotos the Lost groom, Scyl of the Drakes, Sigmund the Highshield(my favorite), Trunda Giltmallet. 

I also have lots and lots of epic champions. I had been playing the game for about 6 months, and the top clan point contributor in my clan. 

Who do you guys reccomend for a great 6 person Hydra team?

Mar 26, 2022, 00:4103/26/22
06/19/17

Im probaly one of those that has thrown up my hands with a good rooster and just "quit" the hydra. takes to much time and im sure as hell aint regearing 3 hydra teams each rotation.

But the generel advice for this rotation.

1. Throw out block buffs (uugo)

2. Slow the left hydra head so 2nd hydra head will use poison clouds before debuff removal. (Stag knight)

3. Nuker the 6 million damage in before Cds wear off.

dthorne04Moderator
Mar 26, 2022, 01:0203/26/22
12/30/20
Thraxx

Here is some of my roster, (trying to remember them all, as I have not logged in) I had, before I quit because of Hydra rage: 

Riho Bonespear( I had 2 of her), Krisk the Ageless, Cardiel, Turvold, Vlad the Nightborn, Sir Nicholas, Borogar the Elder, Fu-Shan, Elder Scaarg, Vizier Ovelis, Warchief, Candraphon, Gliseah Soulguide, Kantra the Cyclone, Mountain King, Rhazin Scarhide, Archbishop Pinthroy, Lyssandra, Mortu-Macaab, Ruel the Huntmaster, Tatura Rimehide, Tomb Lord(amazing champ) Yannica, Aleksandre the Sharpshooter, Cillian the Lucky, Countess Lix, Grohak the Bloodied, Lady Kimi, Lanakis the Chosen, Ninja, Roshcard the Tower, Rotos the Lost groom, Scyl of the Drakes, Sigmund the Highshield(my favorite), Trunda Giltmallet. 

I also have lots and lots of epic champions. I had been playing the game for about 6 months, and the top clan point contributor in my clan. 

Who do you guys reccomend for a great 6 person Hydra team?

If you do decide to log in again I would love to see screenshots of your roster. A lot of Hydra is honestly just dominated by epics. 

That said you have Ninja, Tatura, Cardiel, Krisk, Archbishop, Scyl, Tomb Lord (has the dec speed as mentioned by drone, which I haven't tried but seems interesting in terms of targeting Decay), Trunda, Geo, RG, just to mention a few. These are just some of the champs that make a lot of sense for Hydra. In the case you do jump back in, would love to see gear too. :) 

In your case I think I'd definitely want to build around Ninja, Geo, Tatura, and I think Pinthroy (for this rotation) but I would like to see the epics before I delve into a full six person team, or teams for other rotations.