All Categories

NEWB arena question

NEWB arena question

Search
Mar 17, 2022, 16:2103/17/22
05/26/21

NEWB arena question

Where do you go from this team in arena?

i

I know I can increase level etc. on these champions but I dont have a huge stable to pull from on this account and just got Kalvalax yesterday.

Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 17, 2022, 16:2303/17/22
05/26/21

i

Mar 17, 2022, 16:2603/17/22
12/19/19

12.3 brutal and only 12.3 brutal. Stop making 4 and 5 star champs. Make chickens to 6star champs 

Mar 17, 2022, 17:0603/17/22
05/26/21
Trips

12.3 brutal and only 12.3 brutal. Stop making 4 and 5 star champs. Make chickens to 6star champs 

How does that change my arena setup for later?

Mar 17, 2022, 17:1603/17/22
06/25/20
Rmpld4skin

How does that change my arena setup for later?

The point is that you cannot compete in arena without a full team of level 60 champs, all fully ascended, all with full masteries, and all with full gear at level 16. Anything less is a waste of time.

In terms of who to level, I would probably get Kalvalax to 60 first, he'll be quite useful for you in dungeons. Uugo is also a good choice. After you finish with those, re-post your roster and we can see who to focus on next.

dthorne04Moderator
Mar 17, 2022, 17:4103/17/22
12/30/20
Trips

Yep, should be done as soon as possible and I might even be inclined to use some of those rares to take Kalvalax, Uugo and Kael to 6 ASAP. 

Uugo makes Warmaiden unnecessary for this team. Would run Mordecai over Spirithost too. Would just build around those four: Kalvalax, Uugo, Kael, Mordecai. 

Mar 17, 2022, 18:0203/17/22
05/26/21

So work on leveling before building new champions, got it.  Any type of events or tourneys I should try to focus on to help with this progress?

Mar 17, 2022, 18:0603/17/22
06/25/20

The only one which benefits from leveling is Champ Training, which is active right now as an event. Champ Chase / Summon Rush are tangentially benefited by the fact that you'll be summoning/buying champs, which earns you pints.

Mar 17, 2022, 18:3203/17/22
05/26/21

I get High Khatun in 10 days is she one I need to focus on?

Mar 17, 2022, 18:4903/17/22
06/25/20

Khatun is very, very good - for most people. For you specifically, though, her utility is somewhat diminished, since Kalvalax has the same aura she does.

I wouldn't use her as food or anything like that, but I'd probably put her aside for leveling, for now. By the time you're done with the more important champs (Kalvalax, Uugo), maybe you'll get someone better.

Mar 17, 2022, 23:0403/17/22
05/26/21

Thanks gives me plenty to work 

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 17, 2022, 23:5003/17/22
02/24/19

Looks like you're on the right path now!

i

Mar 18, 2022, 00:1303/18/22
05/13/19

Let's  start  from  the  beginning.

You  have  said  you  will  get  High  Khatun  in  10  days.

This  means  your  account  is  20  days  old.

A  very  common Beginner Arena  team  players  tell  other players is  the  below  set  ups:

i

i

The  above teams  are  very  similar  the  only  difference is  the  Starters:

From  Left  to  Right,  The  heroes are  named  the  following:

-  SpiritHost 

-  Warmaiden

-  Diabolist

-  The  Starter  Champion you  picked  at  start  of  the  game

(Kael  or  Athel  or  Elhain  or  Galek)

The  above  Arena  set  up  is  known  as  the  Classical  Speed  Nuking  Set  up.

The  reason  it  is  popular is  because all  the  heroes in  the  team  can  be  acquired  by Free  2  Play  players  and  the  team's  strategy is  very  easy  to  understand.

Spirithost  can  be  acquired by  farming  Chapter  4  in  the  Campaign.

Warmaiden  can  be  acquired by  farming  Chapter  9  in  the  Camapign.

Daibolist  can  be  acquired by  farming  Chapter  12  in  the  Camapgin.

And  Everyone starts  off  with  a  Starter  which  they  use  to  round  out  the  team.

My  guess is  you  are  aware  of  some  of  the  things  I  am  saying above.

Most  times players  don't stumble across  this  Arena  set  up.

They  are  often  told  by  other  players  or  they  do  research themselves and  discover  it.

The  only  downside is  I  am  not  fully  aware  of  how  much  information you  know.

When  I  look  at  your  set  up,  I  see  no  Diabolist.

I  also  don't see  Diabolist in  your  Roster.

For  the  above  reason,  I  want  to  take  a  min  to  explain something.

The  Goal  of  the  Classical  Arena  Speed  Nuking  Team  is  to  Go  First  &  1  Shot  the  Enemy.

The  team  goes  Fast.

The  team  goes  Furious.

The  team  crushes  the  enemy  in  a  Single  Blow  with  out  giving the  enemy  a  chance  to  go.

In  order  for  the  above  to  happen,  Each  hero  on  the  team  needs  to  play  a  very  important role.

-  Diabolist  -  Her  Role  is  to  do  Turn  Meter  Manipulation  to  help  Speed  up  your  team

-  SpiritHost -  Her  Role  is  to  Increase  the  Attack  of  your  Damage Dealers

-  Warmaiden  -  Her  Role  is  to  Decrease  the  Enemy  Defense setting  them  up  for  a  Fall

-  Kael  -  His  Role  is  to  do  a  Big  Attack  on  All  Enemies crushing  them  with  Single  Blow.

For  these  reasons,  Most  Beginners  will  use  Diabolist the  first  29  days.

Than  on  Day  30,  They  will  get  High  Khatun.

High  Khatun  does  Turn  Meter  Manipulation and  she  ultimately replaces  Diabolist.

They  both  do  the  same  "ROLE"  and  High  Khatun  is  an  Epic  &  Diabolist is  a  Rare.

So  it  makes  sense  as  to  why  Diabolist gets  replaced/over  shadowed  by  High  Khatun

Basically,  your  Arena  team  should look  like  the  below team  for  the  first  29  days  assuming you  have  horrible  shard  pulling  luck.

i

Than  it  changes  to  the  below  team:

i

However,  The  above  team  I  am  showing you  is  under  the  assumption that  you  pulled  trash  heroes  from  Shards.

BUT  that  isn't the  case  for  you  specifically.

You  were  1  of  the  rare  few  players  in  the  game  to  get  Super  Lucky.

You  pulled  both  Uugo  &  Kalvalax,  Congrats!

i

Uugo  -  His  role  is  Decrease  Enemy  Defense  which  is  the  same  role  as  Warmaiden 

Kalvalax  -  His  role  is  to  do  Big  Attack  which  is  the  same  role  as  Kael

So  in  theory  at  Day  20, your  Arena  Team  should  be:

-  Diabolist

-  SpiritHost

-  Uugo

-  Kalvalax

Than  on  Day  30,  your  Arena  Team  should  be:

-  High  Khatun

-  SpiritHost 

-  Warmaiden 

-  Kalvalax

And  for  all  intensive  purposes that  set  up  would  be  your  Dream  Arena  Team  in  theory  and  on  paper.

HOWEVER,  THE  PRACTICAL  NATURE  OF  RAID  IS  GOING  TO  OVERRIDE  YOUR  DREAM  TEAM.

The  reason  why  is  because Epic  Skill  Tomes  &  Legendary  Skill  Tomes  are  tough  to  acquire  in  Raid,  unless  your  planning  to  spend  tons  of  money  to  get  them.

Uugo  is  great  if  you  have  Epic  Tomes  to  skill  him  up  so  he  can  do  Def  Down,  but  if  you  don't have  any  than  he  isn't going  to  be  much  help  till  you  do  get  him  skilled  up.

Warmaiden  is  a  Farmable  rare  which  means  you  will  be  able  to  skill  her  up  using  duplicate copies  you  get  of  her  which  will  ultimately make  her  superior to  Uugo  for  a  period of  time  till  you  slowly  gather  more  Epic  tomes.

And  the  same  line  of  thinking will apply  to  Kalvalax  vs.  Kael

So  the  question is  what  do  you  do?

What  I would  do  is  a  hybrid approach.

Obviously,  your  new  so  you  haven't acquired  all  the  necessary resources to  make  the  Dream  team  so  instead  what  you  could  do  is  make  a  reasonable alternative based  on  limitations and  slowly  improve  over  time.

The  reasonable  Alternative set  up  I  would  use  is  the  following:

-  High  Khatun

-  SpiritHost 

-  Warmaiden 

-  Kalvalax 

Kael  would  be  the  Safe  option  due  to  limitations from  an  Objective  stand  point.

However,  Kalvalax  is  your  first  Legendary.

I  know the  joy  of  pulling  a  Legendary for  the  first  time.

You  are  probably eager  to  use  him.

You  are  feeling an  emotional response and  that  emotional response can  often  over  power  Objective  sound  logic.

And  so  I  say  if  it  means  that  much  to  you  go  ahead  and  use  Kalvalax.

-  He  is  your  first  Leggo

-  He  looks  utterly  amazing  

-  Hundreds  of  Thousands  of  people wish  they  owned  Kalvalax 

So  lets  turn  a  blind  eye  and  let  the  Kalvalax emotion  slide

However,  when  it  comes to  Uugo  vs.  Warmaiden,  You  should  put  the  emotion  in  check  and  use  Warmaiden for  the  time  being  till  you  get  the  necessary resources  to  skill  up  Uugo  properly.

I  think  it  is  a  Fair  compromise.

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 18, 2022, 02:2303/18/22
02/24/19

OP, to be brief in response to the above poster, lets not waste energy leveling or farming up a Warmaiden, or the dupes for her skill upgrades, when we already have one of the best AoE Dec Def champs in the game in Uugo. One that comes with a Block Buffs. And a Cleanse. And a conditional revive and great passive, which you can maximize the occurance of with high HP and putting her last in your team order.

Krama and Dthorne have it right. Let's get Kalavax and Uugo to 60 and then repost, and we can help you with a solid team, based on any new champs you will have pulled. 

i

Mar 18, 2022, 02:4103/18/22
01/04/20
harleQuinn

OP, to be brief in response to the above poster, lets not waste energy leveling or farming up a Warmaiden, or the dupes for her skill upgrades, when we already have one of the best AoE Dec Def champs in the game in Uugo. One that comes with a Block Buffs. And a Cleanse. And a conditional revive and great passive, which you can maximize the occurance of with high HP and putting her last in your team order.

Krama and Dthorne have it right. Let's get Kalavax and Uugo to 60 and then repost, and we can help you with a solid team, based on any new champs you will have pulled. 

i

Gonna have to agree, Uugo is far superior and a far better use of your resources. 

Mar 20, 2022, 01:5803/20/22
05/26/21

thanks for all the info Ive already got Ugo about half leveled

i

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 20, 2022, 01:5903/20/22
02/24/19
Rmpld4skin

thanks for all the info Ive already got Ugo about half leveled

i

Great job! Keep it up! :)

i

Mar 20, 2022, 01:5903/20/22
05/26/21

kael is fully leveled, spirithost is about halfway and warmaiden not at all

Mar 20, 2022, 02:0503/20/22
05/26/21

I picked up Anax and catacomb counciler in shard pulls yesterday. is there going to be a 2x for sacred shards soon?

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 20, 2022, 02:0703/20/22
Mar 20, 2022, 02:08(edited)
02/24/19
Rmpld4skin

Kael being fully leveled is GREAT. I wouldn't stress about Spirithost, nor put any additional resources into her, as you will be putting her away very very soon, and Kalavax has a much better aura. 

Uugo does what Warmaiden does but much much better, and it looks like you are getting close on having her all booked, so I would focus on just Uugo first. Then move on to Kalavax to 60, since he is just so good everywhere. :)

i

Mar 20, 2022, 08:5103/20/22
10/15/20
Rmpld4skin

Spirithost is only in the team to put increase attack buff on Kael. She can do that at lvl 40. She will be replaced in the team later on, it's just for now, where you have very few champs at all and even less lvl 60 champs. The only requirement for Spirithost in the team is, that she has relatively more speed than your Kael, so she can put out her attack buff before he attacks.