All Categories

Need advise - Are these epics worth to be kept?

Search
Feb 27, 2022, 16:5302/27/22
02/08/20

Today I went through my champion vault to examine all my epic champions. I did this to identify all useful champions, which might help me to progress in Doom Tower hard (incl. secret rooms), Hydra or arena. Gladfully, I already finished Faction Wars so I do not need to consider this in my thoughts.

For almost every epic champion I found a reason for what purpose I could use this champion and I am also willing to level them. However, for some epic champions I really struggle to find a place in my teams.

For the following epics are tried to find a use case but I failed to do so. Are these epics worth to be kept?

1. Luthiea
  2. Marksman  
  3. Exemplar  
  4. Adriel  
  5. Missionary  
  6. Teshada  
  7. Kallia
  8. Maeve
  9. Baroth the Bloodsoaked
  10. Grimskin
  11. Yaga the Insatiable
  12. Torturehelm
  13. Hexia
  14. Defiled Sinner
  15. Warden
  16. Bushi
  17. Canoness 
  18. Atur
  19. Woad-Painted
  20. Frostbringer
  21. Lady Etessa
  22. Crypt Witch  

Therefore, I would like to ask the community if all or at least some of the above mentioned champions can be useful? 

Until know I thought to keep them all, because these champions could be buffed. However, I am pretty sure it is more likely that a bad legendary champion will get buffed than an epic champion. Therefore, I am considering feeding weak epic champions to get more storage space.

Views
Comments
Comments
Feb 27, 2022, 17:2202/27/22
10/15/20

Since the guardian ring is introduced to the game, all epics are worth keeping. A filled guardian ring gives 10% hp, 10% atk, 10% def, 15 res, 15 acc and 6 speed for all epic champs of that faction. I kept non less than 8 Relickeepers I fused during the past champion chase tournaments to get more power from my Godseeker Aniri and Deacon Armstrong.

Beyond guardian ring, I don't see much use for any of the named champs. I own most of them and don't use them as well.

Feb 27, 2022, 17:3202/27/22
12/19/19
Skadi

Since the guardian ring is introduced to the game, all epics are worth keeping. A filled guardian ring gives 10% hp, 10% atk, 10% def, 15 res, 15 acc and 6 speed for all epic champs of that faction. I kept non less than 8 Relickeepers I fused during the past champion chase tournaments to get more power from my Godseeker Aniri and Deacon Armstrong.

Beyond guardian ring, I don't see much use for any of the named champs. I own most of them and don't use them as well.

😆 🤣  8 relickeeper 😆 

Sorry, that cracked me up. I am in same process of cleaning up epics I will "never" use.  I will have unfilled guardian slots before I keep any relickeeper. 

I didn't see anyone on that list I would definitely keep. 

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 27, 2022, 17:4302/27/22
02/24/19

Torturehelm can Solo Dragon 20 if you want to do the Dragon 20/Food Farm combo, and don't have a Urogrim or TombLord.

Feb 27, 2022, 17:4402/27/22
Feb 27, 2022, 17:45(edited)
10/15/20
Trips

😆 🤣  8 relickeeper 😆 

Sorry, that cracked me up. I am in same process of cleaning up epics I will "never" use.  I will have unfilled guardian slots before I keep any relickeeper. 

I didn't see anyone on that list I would definitely keep. 

I have 8 Relickeepers, because that's a champ you can get for free via fusion. Exept of taking them in the guardian ring, I will "never" use these Relickkeepers. But I use Deacon Armstrong nearly everywhere and Aniri in some areas. Why should these champions have lower stats? To get all the stats I mentioned above for my Deacon on top of his actual equip would require incredible good legendary 6* artifacts with perfect rolls. Or just keep the Relickeepers I fuse anyway during champion chase and put them in the vault.

Look to this from another point of view: would you sacrifice ten 4* chickens to increase Deacon Armstrong by 10% hp, 10% atk, 10% def, 15 res, 15 acc and 6 speed, if an option like this would exist in the tavern?

Feb 27, 2022, 18:3602/27/22
12/19/19
Skadi

I have 8 Relickeepers, because that's a champ you can get for free via fusion. Exept of taking them in the guardian ring, I will "never" use these Relickkeepers. But I use Deacon Armstrong nearly everywhere and Aniri in some areas. Why should these champions have lower stats? To get all the stats I mentioned above for my Deacon on top of his actual equip would require incredible good legendary 6* artifacts with perfect rolls. Or just keep the Relickeepers I fuse anyway during champion chase and put them in the vault.

Look to this from another point of view: would you sacrifice ten 4* chickens to increase Deacon Armstrong by 10% hp, 10% atk, 10% def, 15 res, 15 acc and 6 speed, if an option like this would exist in the tavern?

Sorry, wasn't trying to be an ass.  Though it is a fair assumption.

I have enough epic dupes to keep only good ones, but I understand your reasoning as deacon and aniri are lego good!

I am sure you would use rk as food and keep extra deacons and other better epics as you get more.  

I have never fused extra rk. Just didn't seem worth the resources, I have done 10ish broadmaw though lol

Feb 28, 2022, 16:2802/28/22
02/08/20
harleQuinn

Torturehelm can Solo Dragon 20 if you want to do the Dragon 20/Food Farm combo, and don't have a Urogrim or TombLord.

I did not know that this is possible with Torturehelm. So he has at least one viable use case.

Feb 28, 2022, 16:3602/28/22
06/25/20
Bandana86

I did not know that this is possible with Torturehelm. So he has at least one viable use case.

He can also be used as a stun target in an unkillable team, although getting it to work is tricky.

Feb 28, 2022, 17:0702/28/22
02/08/20

I try to keep multiple copies of all those rare champions needed for the Relic Keeper and Broadmaw fusion. This is one reason that my storage capacity is already limited and therefore I would like to get rid of the weakest epic champion to get more space.

I need those rare champions so that I am able to participate in fusion. I get UNM top chest every day but due to the ever increasing point requirements it is good to have the opportunity to fuse some Relic Keepers and Broadmaws, if am low on shards due to multiple fusion and guaranteed champion events. That helped me a lot in the past.

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 28, 2022, 17:4802/28/22
02/24/19
Bandana86

I try to keep multiple copies of all those rare champions needed for the Relic Keeper and Broadmaw fusion. This is one reason that my storage capacity is already limited and therefore I would like to get rid of the weakest epic champion to get more space.

I need those rare champions so that I am able to participate in fusion. I get UNM top chest every day but due to the ever increasing point requirements it is good to have the opportunity to fuse some Relic Keepers and Broadmaws, if am low on shards due to multiple fusion and guaranteed champion events. That helped me a lot in the past.

Very smart. I am going to have to keep multiples around as well. I BARELY completed this last fusion myself. Used every bit of energy, gems, prepped champs, shards, and daily energy I had for the entirety of the fusion.

Feb 28, 2022, 18:2402/28/22
06/19/17

I see use for two champs on the list.

Exemplar can be used against Dark Fae with Dark Elhain to trigger her AOE Passive.

Crypt Witch I used myself for her decrease defense in order to down faction wars level 21.

Mar 1, 2022, 00:1903/01/22
10/11/20

I would definitely keep Torturehelm (or Bushi) to counter Lydia in a Stone Cardinal comp for Arena. Unless you already have a self-revive champ built. 

Mar 1, 2022, 17:5903/01/22
02/08/20
drone

I see use for two champs on the list.

Exemplar can be used against Dark Fae with Dark Elhain to trigger her AOE Passive.

Crypt Witch I used myself for her decrease defense in order to down faction wars level 21.

I did not know that. Thank you for this tip.

Mar 1, 2022, 18:0303/01/22
02/08/20
Tyr Anasazi

I would definitely keep Torturehelm (or Bushi) to counter Lydia in a Stone Cardinal comp for Arena. Unless you already have a self-revive champ built. 

Interesting idea, I did not thought about that.  Seems to be a good idea.