All Categories

Arena needs balancing.

Arena needs balancing.

Search
Feb 24, 2022, 03:1002/24/22
08/18/21

Arena needs balancing.

I  still  fail  to  see  how  winning  multiple  matches  gets  7-8  points  but  losing  one  single  match  takes  12-13  points?  Up  until  gold  1  or  2  it  should  be  equal  points  for  a  win  or  a  loss .  I  go  in  winning  streaks  and  still  get  7-8  points  per  win.  I  fail  to  see  this  as  fair  or  competetive .  

Also  why  are  there  pve  type  questlines  locked  behind  gold  one  also?  I  understand  there is  a  pvp  questline  and  thats  ok.  But  having  multiple  red  books  locked  behind  arena  is  annoying .  I  really  dont  feel  this  type  of  game  is  a  pvp  focussed  game  or  even  skillful.  Its  more  about  clicking  a  button  till  you  can  find  teams  to  beat  (that  arent  full  of  gold  level  nuke  machines.)  

Can  we  not  edit  the  matches  point  systems  or  even  remvove  that  quest  requirment ?  100  kills  is  a  grind  if  you  hate  arena ,  but  reach  gold  one  is  just  a  frustration  i  will  never  deal  with (or  want  to  deal  with.)  

Respectfully  and  peace  out!  

Views
Comments
Comments
harleQuinnModerator
Feb 24, 2022, 03:2402/24/22
02/24/19

Where are you at right now Dark? In arena, that is?

I'd like to provide this feedback to Plarium. I am not sure where the cutoff is supposed to be for the larger gaps of +2  to -16 on a low arena ranked win and low arena ranked loss. You have any screens you can share for me?

Feb 24, 2022, 03:3202/24/22
08/18/21
harleQuinn

Where are you at right now Dark? In arena, that is?

I'd like to provide this feedback to Plarium. I am not sure where the cutoff is supposed to be for the larger gaps of +2  to -16 on a low arena ranked win and low arena ranked loss. You have any screens you can share for me?

I  always  get  knocked  back  to  the  start  of  silver  3  or  end  of  silver  2.  I  was  at  1970  when  the  week  ended  and  needed  to  scrap  back  from  1780  this  week  after  failing  to  hit  2k  and  gold  one.  I  also  lose  12-13  points  each  loss  vs  wins  only  giving  me  7-8  points.  Is  that  nornal ?  

Feb 24, 2022, 03:4102/24/22
08/18/21

i

I  lose  12-13  points  per  loss.  I  only  gain  7-8  for  a  win.  Ontop  of  the  INSANE  climb  back  from  1970 (rank  ending) back  from  1780.  Im  back  to  1850  or  so  but  the  struggle  for  rank  or  token  is  to  frustating  given  how  little  progress  im  making.  even  winning  7-10  matches  with  each  coin  set.  

Feb 24, 2022, 04:2102/24/22
08/18/21

i

Even  multiple  wins  nets  me  less  than  loses .  i  get  back  7-8  points  each  win.  Thats  after  the  reset  and  needing  to  recover  the  200+  points  lost?  I  grind  back  but  never  have  enough  time  /  tokens  to  reach  gold.  Weekly  reset  =  slide  back  two  ranks  almost  and  welcome  senior  frustration.......

Feb 24, 2022, 08:5602/24/22
Feb 24, 2022, 09:01(edited)
02/13/21

Going from memory, the amount of points you win and lose depends on the difference in power between your team and the enemies.  If you win against a low power team then you won't gain much points as opposed to winning against a team with equal or higher point.  Similarly, if you lose against a low power team then you lose more points, as opposed to losing against a high power one.

I just did some tests just now with a team of mine at 130K

Losses

• -8 points against a team of 160K
  • -11 points against a team of 140K
  • -14 points against a team of 130K
  • -11 points against a team of 120K (another slight odd result, but I expect this is based on the enemy player power)

Wins

• +6 points against a team of 2K (was just a single fodder champ.  I should have taken the loss first to see the points adjustment) 
  • +8 points against a team of 90K
  • +10 points against a team of 125K
  • +12 points against a team of 90K (odd result, not sure why I got this much.  Might have had a high player power)
  • +14 points against a team of 160K

It's not 100% definitive, but essentially I believe you are rewarded more and punished less for battling higher team powers, while rewarded less and punished more for targetting lower ones

Feb 24, 2022, 09:4802/24/22
11/11/20

no count the position of the opponent in the arena 

Feb 24, 2022, 09:5502/24/22
07/08/19
RoseRoyal

Going from memory, the amount of points you win and lose depends on the difference in power between your team and the enemies.  If you win against a low power team then you won't gain much points as opposed to winning against a team with equal or higher point.  Similarly, if you lose against a low power team then you lose more points, as opposed to losing against a high power one.

I just did some tests just now with a team of mine at 130K

Losses

• -8 points against a team of 160K
  • -11 points against a team of 140K
  • -14 points against a team of 130K
  • -11 points against a team of 120K (another slight odd result, but I expect this is based on the enemy player power)

Wins

• +6 points against a team of 2K (was just a single fodder champ.  I should have taken the loss first to see the points adjustment) 
  • +8 points against a team of 90K
  • +10 points against a team of 125K
  • +12 points against a team of 90K (odd result, not sure why I got this much.  Might have had a high player power)
  • +14 points against a team of 160K

It's not 100% definitive, but essentially I believe you are rewarded more and punished less for battling higher team powers, while rewarded less and punished more for targetting lower ones

you are, unfortunately, incorrect. neither team power nor player power affects the points gained or lost from matches. it is determined solely by the arena points of you and your opponent. an opponent around your level will be worth 10 points win or lose, while an opponent with 100 fewer points might only give you 8 points on a win and cost you 12 on a loss (going based on my current opponents in gold V, i can't guarantee that the rewards are static across all tiers). it's also why you'll see your opponents in arena offering more points as you scroll down the list; the teams are organized from lowest to highest arena score, so the ones worth the most for a victory are at the bottom.

to op, if you are consistantly getting 7-8 points for a win and losing 12-13 on a loss, it's as i stated above; you're only fighting against players ranked significantly lower than you in arena so the rewards are adjusted based on that. i can think of three possible reasons for this. either every opponent you get offered is ranked below you (which to the best of my knowledge is impossible), you aren't fighting the higher-ranked ones because you don't feel like it (easily solvable), or you aren't fighting the higher-ranked ones because you don't think you can win, which is absolutely a valid stategy (honestly the only rational one), but it does mean that you'll continue to have an 8/12 or 7/13 point ratio in the main.

Feb 24, 2022, 11:2202/24/22
02/14/21

They talk about the Arena being a challenge but the only challenge in it is hitting the refresh to find opponets you are pretty sure you can defeat.

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 24, 2022, 11:2702/24/22
02/24/19
Carpe_Piscis

you are, unfortunately, incorrect. neither team power nor player power affects the points gained or lost from matches. it is determined solely by the arena points of you and your opponent. an opponent around your level will be worth 10 points win or lose, while an opponent with 100 fewer points might only give you 8 points on a win and cost you 12 on a loss (going based on my current opponents in gold V, i can't guarantee that the rewards are static across all tiers). it's also why you'll see your opponents in arena offering more points as you scroll down the list; the teams are organized from lowest to highest arena score, so the ones worth the most for a victory are at the bottom.

to op, if you are consistantly getting 7-8 points for a win and losing 12-13 on a loss, it's as i stated above; you're only fighting against players ranked significantly lower than you in arena so the rewards are adjusted based on that. i can think of three possible reasons for this. either every opponent you get offered is ranked below you (which to the best of my knowledge is impossible), you aren't fighting the higher-ranked ones because you don't feel like it (easily solvable), or you aren't fighting the higher-ranked ones because you don't think you can win, which is absolutely a valid stategy (honestly the only rational one), but it does mean that you'll continue to have an 8/12 or 7/13 point ratio in the main.

This is precisely correct. The points are based on Arena Ranking, not Player Power or Team Power or anything else, and work as explained here.

Feb 24, 2022, 11:3902/24/22
02/13/21
Carpe_Piscis

Ah that makes sense, thanks for confirming!

Feb 24, 2022, 16:3402/24/22
12/19/19
Minin

They talk about the Arena being a challenge but the only challenge in it is hitting the refresh to find opponets you are pretty sure you can defeat.

Or you can GIT GUD! 😆 

Feb 24, 2022, 16:5702/24/22
02/14/21
Trips

Or you can GIT GUD! 😆 

Then who would be left for you to beat 😀😁😂

Feb 24, 2022, 21:4502/24/22
12/19/19
Minin

Then who would be left for you to beat 😀😁😂

I'm doing fine. Player J is the one on the struggle bus

Feb 24, 2022, 22:0502/24/22
02/14/21
Trips

I'm doing fine. Player J is the one on the struggle bus

Say it is not so, Mister Go 2nd never loses according to him 😀🙈🙉🙊

Feb 26, 2022, 07:5002/26/22
Feb 26, 2022, 07:55(edited)
08/18/21

Thanks  for  the  replies  and  all  who  took  the  time  to  do  so!  Its  opened  top  to  bottom  so  yeah  i  always  start  there .  i  didnt  know  that  it  was  worth  more  for  wins  lower  down.  This  is  also  a  point  i  was  making.......  a  win  is  a  win.  sometimes  you  win  against  a  single  player  (?)  i  wish  i  knew  how  this  happens  so  i  coukd  complete  this  god  awful  mission,  but  get  12/13  points?  

Anyway  a  win  should  just  be  a  win .  or  introduce  casual  lobbies  vs  comp  lobbies.  I  love  the  game  but  cant  stand  been  forced  i  to  the  arena.  Its  just  frustrating.  Im  at  1900  (again)  with  a  day  to  go  before  senior  frustration  says  f-ck  off  back  to  silver  2  again!  then  we  start  this  bs  again......  i  have  already  used  700+  gems  in  getting  gear  /  loot  and  hitting  1970.  I  shouldnt  be   booted  down  ranks  or  lose  ANY  rank  when  losibg  points  for  losses  already.