All Categories

Gold V Arena

Gold V Arena

Search
Feb 14, 2022, 14:4002/14/22
10/11/20

Gold V Arena

There seems to be a strange bug in G5 rewards, I still keep getting the same rewards as in G4.

i

I know it must be a bug and not a feature, because who uses 5* gear in G5? Unless it's a leftover from an era that you still haven't found a replacement for?

If you would pardon my sarcasm just enough to answer a simple question of "What inscentive is there to go beyond G4?", it would be appreciated.

Views
Comments
Comments
Feb 14, 2022, 15:1102/14/22
12/19/19

go to plat if u want better reward.  G5 is just added to make getting to G4 easier to achieve, not to add better rewards for no reason.  Their is no achievement in reaching G5, I think beyond the 2% stat bonus.

Feb 14, 2022, 15:1802/14/22
07/08/19

what were you expecting? guaranteed 6* drops aren't a thing in any portion of raid, regardless of the level of play they're designed for. i would assume the drop rates are slightly better than they are in gold IV, but you're still going to be selling the bulk of the artifacts you pull, just like with stage 25 dungeons or unm clan boss.

personally, i moved up because i need the extra magisteel, but i agree that there's not a whole lot of incentive for a lot of players.

Feb 14, 2022, 15:5502/14/22
06/20/19

They give you a 2% boost to HP/ATT/DEF and 2 extra magisteel per match.  Other than that they don't even give you an additional gold medal.  If they don't give more medals I really wouldn't be expecting all 6* gear lol.  

The reason it is there, is so that after reset those players will only fall to 2500 and not be cluttering up G4, giving some other players the chance of reaching G4.

Feb 14, 2022, 19:1802/14/22
Feb 14, 2022, 19:18(edited)
10/11/20

Oh, it's just a buffer. I understand.

Thanks for the info.

Feb 15, 2022, 04:1302/15/22
05/13/19

The  real  error  was  me  spending 400  gems  to  try  and  reach  Gold  5  only  to  end  up  quitting due  to  frustration with  the strange  match  making  bug  going  around.

I  would  fight  a  player.

If  I  won  fight,  I  would  gain  2-4  points.

If  I  lose  fight,  I  would  lose  16-20  points.

1  RNG  Loss set  me  back  so  far  I  had  to  do  10  consecutive wins  to  regain  the  points  Lossed.

I  got  attacked only  2  times  the  entire  Arena  push.

I'm  actually still  pretty  confused.

Feb 15, 2022, 04:2802/15/22
06/25/20

Yeah I've noticed that too, J. Several fights where I'm only getting 3 points per win. I don't know if it's a bug or a feature.

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 15, 2022, 04:5402/15/22
Feb 15, 2022, 05:05(edited)
02/24/19

This is neither a bug nor a feature, just a happenstance of the new tier populating.

As Plarium was explaining it to me, because G5 is not yet stable/fully populated, the matchmaking is ranking you against a wider array of people. This means for a bit you may see a range of +4 to +16. and as it settles you will naturally see more +6 to +14, and eventually even something like +7 to +12 as being the natural range of opponents. 

Basically, it will settle out over a couple resets.

Side note to Player J, if you fight the people with a Higher Arena Rating than your current rating, at the BOTTOM of a page, you can gain 16 points a fight. If you lose to the people with the lowest Arena Rating, at the TOP of your page, you may lose 16 points.  Basically, if you are losing to Lower Rated Opponents, the "easy" ones, you're going to lose more points than if you lose against the Higher Rated Opponents, the "harder" ones.

I solved this problem by focusing on hitting teams with a higher Arena ranking than me, and not losing against teams that aren't even technically in Gold 5, ranked below me, such as 3300-3500. Doing that, I have had no issue staying in Gold 5 myself.

TLDR: Lose less against teams with a lower rating than you, and you won't have to waste 400 gems.

dthorne04Moderator
Feb 15, 2022, 05:1802/15/22
Feb 15, 2022, 05:27(edited)
12/30/20
harleQuinn

This is neither a bug nor a feature, just a happenstance of the new tier populating.

As Plarium was explaining it to me, because G5 is not yet stable/fully populated, the matchmaking is ranking you against a wider array of people. This means for a bit you may see a range of +4 to +16. and as it settles you will naturally see more +6 to +14, and eventually even something like +7 to +12 as being the natural range of opponents. 

Basically, it will settle out over a couple resets.

Side note to Player J, if you fight the people with a Higher Arena Rating than your current rating, at the BOTTOM of a page, you can gain 16 points a fight. If you lose to the people with the lowest Arena Rating, at the TOP of your page, you may lose 16 points.  Basically, if you are losing to Lower Rated Opponents, the "easy" ones, you're going to lose more points than if you lose against the Higher Rated Opponents, the "harder" ones.

I solved this problem by focusing on hitting teams with a higher Arena ranking than me, and not losing against teams that aren't even technically in Gold 5, ranked below me, such as 3300-3500. Doing that, I have had no issue staying in Gold 5 myself.

TLDR: Lose less against teams with a lower rating than you, and you won't have to waste 400 gems.

Can confirm. Got to see this yesterday while Quinn was streaming an attempted Plat push for me before reset. 

It seems to be a sensible risk/reward system in terms of beating higher point competition on offense and defense. 

I have also experienced a wider range of points than usual at G3/G4, while things settle as well. Point ranges do already seem to be leveling out a bit on my end already. 

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 15, 2022, 05:5902/15/22
02/24/19
dthorne04

Can confirm. Got to see this yesterday while Quinn was streaming an attempted Plat push for me before reset. 

It seems to be a sensible risk/reward system in terms of beating higher point competition on offense and defense. 

I have also experienced a wider range of points than usual at G3/G4, while things settle as well. Point ranges do already seem to be leveling out a bit on my end already. 

Wanting to sleep before needing to be on campus all day is a major Plat Push issue. -_- A much greater one than not spending.

New reset time WHEN?!!?

Feb 16, 2022, 12:2502/16/22
05/13/19

Since,  a  Player made  Gold  5  thread.

I  will  post  here  the  2  toughest  teams  that  gave  me  trouble  last  reset  pushing  to  Gold  5.

Team  1  --->  Was  Classical  Speed  Team

Leader:  Arbiter

1st  move:  Siphi

2nd  move:  Arbiter

3rd  move:  Serris

4th  move:  Trunda

Team  2  ---->  Was  a  Tank  Team  with  Twist

Leader:  Duchess

1st  move:  Hegemon

2nd  move:  Duchess

3rd  move:  Candraphon

4th  move: Nekhret  the  Great

Feb 16, 2022, 13:0302/16/22
06/20/19

Thanks for all this info and explaination.  I had noticed I was sometimes getting only 4 points, sometimes 16.  And after really looking I saw the discrepency was the teams I was being matched with.  But I had no explaination for why I was seeing such an array.  Just needing to settle out makes sense.

Feb 21, 2022, 09:3802/21/22

Totally crap this +4 and -16 points.

Really ? If i win against a +100k enemy i get 4 points and when i lost againt a +250k team i lost 16 point ??? Fix Plarium this asap, and dont trick with numbers. 

Feb 21, 2022, 10:3602/21/22
Feb 21, 2022, 14:03(edited)
06/20/19
Deleted

Totally crap this +4 and -16 points.

Really ? If i win against a +100k enemy i get 4 points and when i lost againt a +250k team i lost 16 point ??? Fix Plarium this asap, and dont trick with numbers. 

Well, don't pick fights with players who have 300 less arena points than you.  Or if you pick the fight, don't get beaten.  Team power has nothing to do with it, either with winning or how many arena points are lost/won.

Feb 21, 2022, 13:3702/21/22
06/14/20

the arena sucks, has always sucked and will forever suck and even more so with gold 5, it's a den of cheaters who manipulate the speed stats among other things with I don't know what software. 

l arene est nulle, a toujours ete nulle et sera a jamais nul et encore plus avec gold 5 ,c'est un repaire de tricheurs qui magouillent les stats de vitesse entre autre avec je ne sais quel logiciel .

dthorne04Moderator
Feb 21, 2022, 16:2402/21/22
12/30/20
l.blasenhauer47

the arena sucks, has always sucked and will forever suck and even more so with gold 5, it's a den of cheaters who manipulate the speed stats among other things with I don't know what software. 

l arene est nulle, a toujours ete nulle et sera a jamais nul et encore plus avec gold 5 ,c'est un repaire de tricheurs qui magouillent les stats de vitesse entre autre avec je ne sais quel logiciel .

While you're free to have your opinion about the arena (good or bad), going to have to mention that there's no manipulation of speed stats. 

If you don't like arena that's fine but let's not make things up. 

Feb 21, 2022, 18:2402/21/22
05/13/19

This  week  the  Point  Distribution &  Match  making  system  was  slightly better.

i

I  was  able  to  reach  Gold  5.

i

The  rewards  are  still  not  good.

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 22, 2022, 13:3002/22/22
Feb 22, 2022, 14:53(edited)
02/24/19

Good job finally making it @Player J !! I saw on the discord how you were having trouble and stuck down in Gold 3 for a while. For myself, I didn't see any difference in the point system from what I explained, and I had a one man defense in for a couple days to purposely drop and test it out. Still +3 to +16 on my slates, from the easiest to the hardest.

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 22, 2022, 13:3202/22/22
02/24/19

Also I have put in the feeback on G5 rewards not seeming to be a big step up from Gold 4. Extra magisteel is nice, I guess, but I extra 6 stra stuff would never hurt.

Feb 22, 2022, 17:4902/22/22
04/23/20

Seeking high rewards is both legit and understandable. However, the way people get their kicks in this game varies since the content is more than enough for everyone to find their favourite place. 

The arena is fascinating on its own accord. IMHO it's the ultimate test of game skills. And by game I mean Raid. Of course, it's heavily dependent on one's roster but it's also about understanding the game, the mechanics, knowing the champs and their skills, learning and trying to access how your opponent was thinking while setting the specific combo e.g. when I see a blender team I am sure that my Arbiter is probably slower than theirs, etc.

Getting to Gold V is quite an achievement. It requires all the above and it takes effort to get there and to stay there. I did it when it started out of curiosity and I enjoyed the process. To be honest I didn't even pay any attention to the rewards as I never do. Just press the "claim" and at some point, I sort all "new items" and get rid of the crap.  Getting and staying to Gold V was self-rewarding. To me,  it was a confirmation that I'm doing well. I'm embarrassed to admit that I use the classical strat for farming medals: Leave the Arb in Defence and go with Arb-Kaymar-Madam-Trunda and farm medals between 2900 and  3100 in 5-10 secs. Sometimes, I fall in Gold III and  I farm even faster. I say "embarrassed" coz in my books this is not the most honourable thing to do. I've been playing for 2 years and I'm definitely not F2P. I remember back in the day, how I strived every Monday after the reset to get some quick points and get ahead fearing that if I fell in G III I wouldn't be able to get back. Now I'm praying on newer players just to get medals. 

Worry not though, coz in a couple of weeks I complete my great hall and then I promise that I will stay in Gold V seeking the thrill of fighting opponents of an equal or higher power. :)

Still, I will not bother with the rewards because for me arena was never about the once-in-a-week reward. However, I support the complaint coz as I said in my starting statement it is legit and if this is an incentive that will motivate more players to push for G V and thus raise the level of challenge, by all means, PLARIUM, you can afford to be more generous! :)

Feb 22, 2022, 22:5002/22/22
Angwil

Well, don't pick fights with players who have 300 less arena points than you.  Or if you pick the fight, don't get beaten.  Team power has nothing to do with it, either with winning or how many arena points are lost/won.

When pick fight ? I dont have problem with pick. But check defense team. I have a 180k team and i can win against 250k teams but i cant go ahead with over 90 percent winrate because crap 4-16 point reward system. A 180k team easy prey for the 350k teams. So i win against the 250k teams and win 4 ponts but i lost at defense team against a 350k team i lost 16 points. 4 win vs 1 defeated match and the point result is 0. Its not realy fair. I could progress in league if i buy more and more arena token.