All Categories

CB team build help wanted.

Search
Feb 7, 2022, 00:1302/07/22
12/14/21

Event is pretty much over for me.

Got 15 new epics and pulled my first lego (black knight) from sacred shard. (besides free lego)

This could be time to build better CB team and for that i would gladly take advices from experienced players.

Im not gona go details of my current team but atm i can barely do 4 mil dmg vs hard clan boss.

Atm im leveling Skullcrusher to level 60.

i

Also im stuck on nether spider in doom tower, so if u can suggest any team combination that could beat this ridiculously hard boss.

Also i can only farm spider dungeon stage 10. So help in this matter would be also nice.

Views
Comments
Comments
dthorne04Moderator
Feb 7, 2022, 02:5102/07/22
12/30/20

One thing off the bat: Please stop making so many 5* (instead of 6*) champions, especially rares that will fall off later in the game. This is definitely holding you back. 

Clan Boss: Right this moment your best available team should be Tayrel, Vogoth, Skullcrusher, Kael and Apothecary. I think I'd be looking to replace Kael with Frozen Banshee and Tayrel with Sepulcher Sentinel after those are 60'd. Also wouldn't mind getting in Aox at some point too, potentially for Apothecary. 

Nether Spider: I'm assuming you're having problems killing the smaller spiders. However, if you can kill them with one A2 from Kael, Tayrel/Kael/Apothecary should be able to beat down the boss. However, I'd probably still bring Vogoth for survivability. The problem you'll run into with Apothecary is that with a random A1, he'll trigger the counter attack from spiderlings which will kill you. I wouldn't worry too much about Nether Spider or Doom Tower in general right now, but if you want you can try Tayrel/Kael/Apo/Reliquary Tender for cleanse/revive/Vogoth, but it's gonna be a slow fight on manual. 

Spider: Another situation where you're going to have to rely on your current 6*s for now. I could see Dhukk (your next non clan boss 6*, for sure.) being a big help there in the future. 

I would say that I think you should be spending your time in Dragon when you're not spending your time making food for 6*s in Campaign.

Feb 10, 2022, 15:4502/10/22
Feb 10, 2022, 15:46(edited)
12/14/21

My skullcrusher is level 60 now but i cant get him work.

Im not sure how this game works, but i think there is something called speed tuning and this skullcrusher propably needs speed tuning to get best use of it.

I tryed speed tuning and i have no idea what im doing and atm i feel very disappointed, cus i used time and resources to get this guy up level 60 and now this guy is just useless for me.

Is there any easier way to increase my dmg versus CB ????

For example, would it be good idea to level up my black knight book him up to get his 2 turn cooldown skill that increase defenses by 60% and gives 15% heal regenration for 2 turns???

Would this increase my defenses enough to increase my dmg vs clan boss??? (survive longer = more dmg)

Or is it only options A) learn speed tuning or B) give up clan boss and try enjoy other areas of game

Feb 10, 2022, 15:5302/10/22
12/19/19

a) you have crappy gear.  all your champs are probably too slow, too weak.

Actually before speed tuning, you need to get better gear and properly gear the 6star champs u have.

The CB team advice is good.

Feb 10, 2022, 15:5402/10/22
06/25/20
LeoFINuTube

My skullcrusher is level 60 now but i cant get him work.

Im not sure how this game works, but i think there is something called speed tuning and this skullcrusher propably needs speed tuning to get best use of it.

I tryed speed tuning and i have no idea what im doing and atm i feel very disappointed, cus i used time and resources to get this guy up level 60 and now this guy is just useless for me.

Is there any easier way to increase my dmg versus CB ????

For example, would it be good idea to level up my black knight book him up to get his 2 turn cooldown skill that increase defenses by 60% and gives 15% heal regenration for 2 turns???

Would this increase my defenses enough to increase my dmg vs clan boss??? (survive longer = more dmg)

Or is it only options A) learn speed tuning or B) give up clan boss and try enjoy other areas of game

Ultimately, yeah, those are your only two options. But you're doing yourself a disservice if you abandon CB because you are unwilling to speed tune.

Yes, there are some intricacies involved, but for the most part it's really not that difficult. Use DeadwoodJedi Speed Calculator to help you out.

Much more important though - and I'm putting this in bold to emphasise - GET MORE LEVEL 60 CHAMPS.

I don't think you realise just how much of a difference that makes. A level 60 champ is easily triple as powerful as a level 50 one. Don't even waste time trying to improve your CB team without having a full set of 60s.

As for Skullcrusher - count yourself lucky. There are exactly three team counter-attack champs in the game - Skullcrusher, Martyr, and Valkyrie. The fact that you got one so early means you'll be able to progress much faster than others at the same point in the game.

Feb 10, 2022, 16:1102/10/22
Feb 10, 2022, 16:15(edited)
12/14/21
Trips

a) you have crappy gear.  all your champs are probably too slow, too weak.

Actually before speed tuning, you need to get better gear and properly gear the 6star champs u have.

The CB team advice is good.

my tayrel is speed 170 (26k hp and 2700def) (life steal + perception)

apothecary is speed 177 (33khp 2k def) (2x immortal +1x speed)

but im not sure if they work with skullcrusher. cus i think in speed tuning it can hurt if ur champions are too speedy. im not sure.

my kael is speed 155 (26k hp and 1800def) (life steal + accuracy)

i always thought my champs are in decent gears.

vogoth is speed 144 and 50k hp and 1700def) (guardian + immortal)

skullcrusher is speed 141 and 30k hp and 1900def) (life steal + resilience)

usually in clan boss i keep my tayrel as leader cus he gives 25% def aura.

accuracy

tayrel 130

vogoth 219

kael 145

Feb 10, 2022, 18:5702/10/22
01/02/22

Damage  on  clan  boss  is  coming  from  masteries  last  attack  skills  that  cause  %hp  damage  and  from  poison.  You  want  full  masteries  on  all  at  rank  60.  Its  worth  the  gems    and  can  accumulate  the  gems  in  the  time  it  takes  to  rank  someone  up  to  6.  

You  want  a  good  team  backing  up  the  poisoner  and  useful  skills  while  everyones  waiting  to  proc  warmaster  mastery  but  thats  where  the  damage  is  coming  from.  Im  sure  theres  a  2  poisoner  build  any  more  im  sure  is  excessive  and  theres  a  limit  to  how  many  can  be  on  at  1  time.  

Getting  them  all  60  and  masteries  is  the  easy  way.  

Speed  tuning  too  much  is  more  late  game.  Have  an  idea  who  should  go  first  or  what  order  and  do  what  you  can.

Feb 11, 2022, 08:0102/11/22
Feb 11, 2022, 08:02(edited)
09/13/19

Can only agree with others.

- Get your speed tuning in order

- Get your CB team into Giantslayer or Warmaster masteries.

- Avoid any speed altering things such as a few masteries, Apothecary and the Frozen Banshee A2 for example. 

- Get everyone into lifesteal gear.

- Dont sleep on Reliquary Tender. Good healer and will work well on CB as a backup to lifesteal. Also great utility.

Feb 17, 2022, 23:3802/17/22
12/14/21

Just updating situation.

Bad news: Skullcrusher is sitting at vault with no purpose, cus im bad in speed tuning and i gave up.

Good news: I got Geomancer from sacred shard, champion even monkey can play.

Current team: Apothecary, Tayrel, Geomancer, Kael, Vogoth

With unbooked Geomancer im now at +6milj dmg vs hard boss which is alrdy great improvement for me.

- Now i just need books for Geo and also my Black Knight who is gona replace Vogoth.

(Because i think with Black Knight could increase my teams survival more than Vogoth)

- In future i also need those tier 6 masteries.

Feb 17, 2022, 23:4302/17/22
03/19/20

I  hate  to  hear  that  about  skullcrusher  he  is  a  beast  in  the  clan  boss  he  brings  a  great  deal  of help  one  is  counter  attack  and  he  will  he  thw  stun  target  always  because  the  cb  will  do  it  to  avoid  activating  a  counter  attack  and  he  puts  up  an  unkillable  on  him  self  so  he  will  survive  the  hit  

Feb 18, 2022, 14:0702/18/22
12/14/21

I also win nether spider in doom tower now.

I didnt know u can nuke spiders, but someone here mentioned it.

So i used Tayrel, Warmaiden, Basilisk (to nuke) and Reliquary Tender (to remove poisons and heal) + Vogoth.

Also i did boss on manual and it was very easy fight.

Now im happy, at least im feeling im not stuck anymore.

dthorne04Moderator
Feb 18, 2022, 17:4802/18/22
12/30/20

Congrats on the Geomancer pull, Nether Spider and your overall progress. 

I think when you get some of those champs listed to 60 and your gearing situation gets a bit better you might find a Skullcrusher team to work out a bit better. Vogoth (both of his passives) should work out a bit better versus Black Knight and I think we would be better off investing in Sepulcher Sentinel for Clan Boss and Dhukk (if you haven't started already) for overall content. 

Were you having issues with Skullcrusher dying fast, or just the runs getting out of tune?

Feb 19, 2022, 21:1502/19/22
12/14/21

It would be good have discuss about skullcrusher and speed tuning cus im so clueless and i have no idea what im doing.

Versus Hard CB. (in my understanding this boss is speed 140)

Do u want skullcrusher to be faster than ur other champions??? Example: (speeds)

skullcrusher 167

apothecary 166

tayrel 165

geo 164

kael 163

With this setup can apo keep speed buff on entire fight?

Also can skullcrusher keep stonewall up entire fight?

And when do u activate stonewall, do u activate it just before stun attack, so skullcrusher gets unkillable buff?

Also in this setup (if it works) skullcrusher will be stun target for sure and will stun throw speed tune out of tune?

Atm i feel i have no chance to make any speed tune work, cus i dont understand this stuff at all and all this seems too complicated.

And atm i tryed my current team with vogoth and black knight and i get better results with black knight.

And sepulcher and dhukk are certainly on my list.

Feb 19, 2022, 21:1902/19/22
06/25/20

Generally speaking, you want Skullcrusher to be slowest, so the rest of the team gets the full effect of his counter-attack buff. Also, running Apothecary on that team is probably a mistake - he can't keep the speed buff active, which means the rotations all get messed up. Beyond that - you really should check out Deadwoodjedi. There are tons of guides and videos there for speed tuning properly.

Feb 19, 2022, 21:5102/19/22
12/14/21
kramaswamy.kr

Generally speaking, you want Skullcrusher to be slowest, so the rest of the team gets the full effect of his counter-attack buff. Also, running Apothecary on that team is probably a mistake - he can't keep the speed buff active, which means the rotations all get messed up. Beyond that - you really should check out Deadwoodjedi. There are tons of guides and videos there for speed tuning properly.

I have tryed watch videos and also tryed deadwood jedi speed calculator.

Atm i feel all this is just too complicated.

Also i know that these streamers take control of "whale" accounts and fix these accounts.

And most of the time these accounts also are messed up, even these players have all the champions to make best teams in the game.

I remember times when i was laughing at these players "damn whales, cant even play the game".

Now i kinda understand how difficult this speed tuning and gearing can be.

Im not laughing at these players anymore.

Also im having lot of problems with stun move of clan boss.

Most of the time i have no idea who will be target for the stun.

Unless its skullcrusher and others have counter attack buff. (this is obvious)

In my current team i have apo with 2650 def and tayrel with 3200 def.

My kael, geo and black knight have around 2000 def.

I guess ideal would be Tayrel to be stun target.

But atm i feel CB targets Geo most of the time.

I dont mind it, cus he has passive that can proc, but geo will die faster than Tayrel i think.

Should giving steadfast to Kael, Geo and Black Knight fix the problem???

Feb 19, 2022, 22:1402/19/22
06/25/20

Generally speaking, the stun target order is:

1. If CB has an affinity (IE <50% HP), he'll target weak affinity first. So, green CB will target your red champs, etc.
  2. Next up, if CB "thinks" it can kill someone, it will target them. So if you have a champ that is low on HP, he'll probably switch to targeting them.
  3. After that, CB will usually prioritize targets that don't have block debuffs.
  4. Lastly, the target is generally the team lead (IE, the one in the aura slot).

Most teams try to avoid the stun, either by blocking it with block debuffs, or by removing it with cleanse debuffs. Losing a turn is usually really, really bad for most champs - either you lose a bunch of damage, or you lose important debuffs/buffs.

Feb 19, 2022, 22:3102/19/22
Feb 19, 2022, 22:32(edited)
12/14/21

I gave all my champs steadfast and it make big difference!!!

Apo is only one without steadfast and CB rlly hates him now! lol

Anyways i made new record and dished out 7,48mil dmg now!!!

Usually i get around 6-6,5milj.

So i got extra million!!!!

I need 150 gems to take steadfast from my tayrel.

So in 3 days i can try give steadfast to apo and take steadfast out of tayrel and see if it is better setup.

Thou im not sure, cus im gona lose dps champion. But i can always try it

I rlly need to get my geo booked up and rlly need those tier 6 masteries, to increase my dps even more.