All Categories

Double counter attack?

Double counter attack?

Search
Feb 5, 2022, 14:0602/05/22
01/02/22

Double counter attack?

Pulled  Martyr,  looks  sweet  only  problem  im  already  running  skullcrusher  and  still  need  a  5th  for  cb  and  dragon.  Currently  using  Toragi,  athel,  skullcrusher,  dhukk,  and  lysandra.  Tried  a  few  medium  kitted  and  lvl  50  alternatives  to  lys  but  her  25%  team  bonus  speed  giving  others  more  turns  seems  to  out  perform  what else ive  tried  even  if  her  tm  stuff  doesnt  work  on  cb  or  dragon.  

Are  2  counter  attacks  feasible?  I  could  spec  1  for  arena  with  ignore  def  instead  of  warcaster  but  do  need  that  5th.  Also  any  proven  ways  to  deter  them  from  stepping  on  each other as  im  going  to  need  some  compelling  reason  not  to  use  her.

Before  this  i  had  Talia,  ult  galek,  and  yaga on  the  back  burner.  Also  got  a  dupe  yaga.  Talia  looks  fine  but  nothing  unique.  Could  replace  athel  and  maybe  2  nukers  is  better  than  2  counter  attacks  idk.  

ult  galek  was  tempting  but  needs  someone  to  feed  him  inc  atk.  Ive  no  hp  burn.  Have  seeker  and  horforees.  Horf i  used  early  he  just  got  replaced  by  apoth  and  then  lifesteal  armor.  Seeker  i  used  early  never  put  much  into wasnt  impressed  but  see  him  in  some  good  arena  teams.  Either  way  dont  want  to  have  to  invest  in  a  babysitter  for  galek.  

Yaga,  i  could  use  more  poison.  Toragi  is  defensive  poison  so  doesnt  apply  a  bunch  except  for  2nd  half  of  cb.  Ive  a  few  poison  options  though,  Fayne,  fenshi,  urticata  who  word  is  shes  not  great  to  bad  but  little  i  used  her  early  on  can  lay  down  lots  of  poison  when  lands  hex  and  i  like  the  whole  aesthetic.  

Probably  cant  avoid  using  martyr she looks  pretty  good  but  ill  lisyen  to  any  warnings  or  suggestions  especially  how  i  can  get  them  to  alternate  counter  atks.  Thanks.

Views
Comments
Comments
dthorne04Moderator
Feb 5, 2022, 15:5102/05/22
12/30/20

Without knowing the rest of your roster, Martyr is a significantly better option than Tallia, Yaga and Ultimate Galek, though Ultimate Galek can be usable in Spider. 

I would not invest resources in Yaga and Tallia, especially Yaga. 

Would it be possible to see the rest of your roster? 

Feb 5, 2022, 15:5802/05/22
01/02/22
dthorne04

Without knowing the rest of your roster, Martyr is a significantly better option than Tallia, Yaga and Ultimate Galek, though Ultimate Galek can be usable in Spider. 

I would not invest resources in Yaga and Tallia, especially Yaga. 

Would it be possible to see the rest of your roster? 

Sure,  also  got  a  borgoth  the  malformed  or  something.  Soubds  like  a  poor  mans  vogoth  whos  supposed  to  be  good.  But  again  doesnt  seem  special  and  i  e  benched  my  other  healers  and  revivers  for  the  most  part.  

i

dthorne04Moderator
Feb 5, 2022, 16:5602/05/22
12/30/20

Yep, would definitely do Martyr next. You can run Skullcrusher and Martyr together, it shouldn't be a problem. 

For clan boss: Depending on which difficulty you're doing we'd have to do a little setup, but shouldn't be bad. Any A1 poisoner would be great in that team. 

A note: You do not want crit damage on ally protection champions, definitely not with Toragi. The damage the ally protection champion takes is calculated as self inflicted, so the higher their crit damage is, the more damage they will take. 

Feb 5, 2022, 18:4302/05/22
01/02/22

Thanks,  cleared  off  most  the  c  dmg for  him  and  crusher  might  be  able  to  use  some  of  the  gear  for  martyr.  I  had  been  blocking  him  from  using  ally  protect  but  hopefully  this  will  help  him  out  and  got  a  bit  of  acc  in  the  trade.  

Feb 5, 2022, 18:5702/05/22
06/25/20

I don't see any reason why you would want to run both Martyr and Skullcrusher. Martyr does both CA and DEF up, and, for icing, she also does ATK down and DEF down. She's a CB goddess.

For your CB team, I would do:

Martyr lead (CA, DEF up, ATK down, DEF down)

Frogman (poison, AP, ATK down)

[Filler 1] (cleanse debuffs/block debuffs) - common choices are Brogni, Mausoleum Mage, Grizzled Jarl, Sepulcher Sentinel, Tatura

[Filler 2] (weaken) - common choices are Geomancer, Rhazin. You could use Fayne for this as well, though she is quite squishy

[Filler 3] (raw damage) - common choices are Ninja, Dark Kael, Occult Brawler, Anax

Your roster is quite thin at the moment, so I wouldn't obsess too much over who those last three are. I don't see any obvious choices for any slot, so for now, just put whoever, but keep an eye out for champs to fill those spots. For now, I'd probably just keep Athel, Skullcrusher, and Dhukk on the team, but all three should eventually swap out. Note that if you are using Athel, you should turn off her A3. 

Feb 5, 2022, 19:3902/05/22
01/02/22

Dont  want  to  use  them  together  but  its  what  ive  got  at  60  and  hate  to  have  wasted  anything  on  crusher.  Just  removed  his  c  dmg  gear  and  notice  ive  got  him  with  c  dmg  in  masteries. It  would  Cost  me  gems  to  respec  but  could  eventually  customize  him  for  arena  even  though  im  sure  martyr  is  better  everywhere.  

Unfortunately  for  cleanse  ive  got  gator  so  will  have  to  wait  that  one  out.  

Ill  adjust  athel,  that  a3 does  cause  a  lot  of  headaches.  

Feb 6, 2022, 05:1802/06/22
05/13/19

CB  team:

-  Frog

-  Fayne

-  Athel

-  Skullcrusher

-  Marytr

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 6, 2022, 06:4502/06/22
02/24/19
Player J

CB  team:

-  Frog

-  Fayne

-  Athel

-  Skullcrusher

-  Marytr

This is how I see it right now as well. :)

Feb 6, 2022, 20:4802/06/22
01/02/22

This  forum  always  trying  to  get  me  to  use  Fayne.  Ill  see  who i  have  in  a  week  or  2  when  theres  another  5  chickens.  Pulled  a  lutheia too.  Poison  on  a1  but  only  30%  chance.  Freeze  on  a2,  a3  dec  spd  but  not  sure  if  that  works  on  cb.

Feb 6, 2022, 21:1102/06/22
05/13/19
Admiral_Akbar

This  forum  always  trying  to  get  me  to  use  Fayne.  Ill  see  who i  have  in  a  week  or  2  when  theres  another  5  chickens.  Pulled  a  lutheia too.  Poison  on  a1  but  only  30%  chance.  Freeze  on  a2,  a3  dec  spd  but  not  sure  if  that  works  on  cb.

You  don't have  to  use  Fayne.

All  you  have  to  do  is  pull  Dracomorph  from  a  Shard.

Than  you  can  use  Draco  instead  of  Fayne.

Super  easy  fix.

Feb 6, 2022, 21:2102/06/22
06/25/20
Admiral_Akbar

There aren't a huge number of champs that can apply both DEF down and Weaken. Fayne not only lets you do that, but also provides ATK down AND poison. She quite literally provides all the debuffs you need in one champ. That's why she's so popular. The downside is that she is quite squishy compared to others who can do those jobs - but that should't be a big concern for you at the moment.

For your team specifically, since Frogman does ATK down and Poison, her main value is for DEF down and Weaken - and in that, there are definitely better choices, hence why I recommended working towards Rhazin, who is the king of DEF down + Weaken for CB. However, Fayne will still have value elsewhere - at very least, she's great for FW.

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 6, 2022, 21:2302/06/22
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

There aren't a huge number of champs that can apply both DEF down and Weaken. Fayne not only lets you do that, but also provides ATK down AND poison. She quite literally provides all the debuffs you need in one champ. That's why she's so popular. The downside is that she is quite squishy compared to others who can do those jobs - but that should't be a big concern for you at the moment.

For your team specifically, since Frogman does ATK down and Poison, her main value is for DEF down and Weaken - and in that, there are definitely better choices, hence why I recommended working towards Rhazin, who is the king of DEF down + Weaken for CB. However, Fayne will still have value elsewhere - at very least, she's great for FW.

With all those shields I don't see why Fayne doesn't stay viable forever, tbh. Having Rhazin is nice for Lizards, and is a great CB champ too, but Fayne brings all those debuffs to a future Unkillable team, if OP ever works their way to that too. :D

Feb 6, 2022, 21:2402/06/22
06/25/20

I could absolutely be wrong, but I would expect Rhazin will outdamage Fayne, given that you'll have a DEF up on your team and no ATK up.