All Categories

Hydra feedback

Hydra feedback

Search
Feb 2, 2022, 18:5702/02/22
10/15/20

Hydra feedback

Coming from the target audience (late part of the mid game, not quite end game )

I appreciate that you want to add difficult content, and that is ok, but there are 'features' that are just frustrating and could do with changing

The first thing is time, this was taken 2/3 of the way through my run

i

That is all on manual and the fight went on another 15 mins- for nearly an hour on manual, it is far too long.

Please either quadruple the rewards and make it a monthly run or greatly speed up the encounter, it is not difficulty- it is the time taken in addition to the rest of the games time demands.

Secondly- rng.  Why on earth can the head of mischief swallow players?. Its random and if it happens early and often it means starting over again. Please reduce the importance of rng or at least make it so that the head of mischief does not swallow champs. This happened 3 times on the trot in my run so seems the MOST likely head to do this.

Third - rewards. Saving for a champ is fine, but the gear is primarily arena gear, and there are no books or shards? For high end content that requires a lot of manual, that is pretty poor.

Please review rewards

Thanks.

Views
Comments
Comments
Feb 2, 2022, 19:0702/02/22
06/25/20

Agreed with all points.

Feb 2, 2022, 20:4902/02/22
03/18/20

i enjoyed hydra when it came out but then lost interest really fast - fact that id need to regear 3/4 of my champs for it - not happening the other rng 

im not saying its a bad thing i just dont have the time to sit there and try and nut it out each reset - i pick team run auto walk away if i get enough for key cool if not so be it.

this game is so time consuming it takes the fun away from it, i know they mentioned they were looking into ways to speed it up but to me current form it feels like hydras added another hour at least to the grind. 

Feb 3, 2022, 07:2702/03/22
04/02/19

If the head of mischief can re direct it should not be able to swallow players - fgs my seven year old pointed out how poor that game design was when he saw me restart for the fourth time in a row - maybe that's what we've all been missing? Plarium are using 5 year old game designers

Feb 3, 2022, 10:0202/03/22
10/15/20
forrestleigh

If the head of mischief can re direct it should not be able to swallow players - fgs my seven year old pointed out how poor that game design was when he saw me restart for the fourth time in a row - maybe that's what we've all been missing? Plarium are using 5 year old game designers

The main problem is not, that this head can swallow champs. You can bring Hex to counter his redirect. The main problem is, that this head can occur instead of decapitated heads and swallow champs in a rotation where he doesn't start. 

Do we have to bring a champ with Hex only because the Head of Mischief could join the fight? If a player can decapitate heads, he obviously made the right team. Stop countering player skill with rng-shit!

What is the effect of this poor and dumb game design? Players press restart if this head regrows. 30 minutes of time wasted. Exact same fight again, due to rng will regrow another head, player will bring fight to an end. Where exactly is the benefit from the first, aborted fight for a) the player, or b) Plarium? 

Feb 3, 2022, 18:0502/03/22
09/12/20

Thats  the  issue,  hex  doesnt  counter  it  when  hex  only  lasts  2  turns  and  can  also  be  cleansed.  The   head  of  mischief  is  poorly  designed.  

Hex  should  be  uncleansable,  unblockable  and  last  several  turns  on  mischief  specifically  if  you  bring  a  hexer  to  the  fight.  Otherwise  there  is  no  point  bringing  a  hexer  and  this  renains a  pure  rng  encounter  with  the  standard  s  tier  hero  kit  plus  inquiditor  

Feb 3, 2022, 23:5102/03/22
11/29/20

I thought it ate whoever has the highest crit dmg?

Feb 4, 2022, 01:3402/04/22
05/13/19
Midnight

Thats  the  issue,  hex  doesnt  counter  it  when  hex  only  lasts  2  turns  and  can  also  be  cleansed.  The   head  of  mischief  is  poorly  designed.  

Hex  should  be  uncleansable,  unblockable  and  last  several  turns  on  mischief  specifically  if  you  bring  a  hexer  to  the  fight.  Otherwise  there  is  no  point  bringing  a  hexer  and  this  renains a  pure  rng  encounter  with  the  standard  s  tier  hero  kit  plus  inquiditor  

I  gave  Midnight  an  upvote because that  is  the  funniest comment of  them  all.

The  reason  it  is  funny  is  because it  is  so  true.

Imagine  building  a  Hex  Champion  to  counter  the  Head  of  Mischief.

-  All  the  effort

-  All  the  energy

-  All  for  the  glory

Than  Boom!  You  suddenly realize  the  other  Head  cleanses.

Bwwwwwahahahahaaha

Good  One  Game  Developer 

Shiny  Gold  Star  on  your  Shiny  Little Forehead.

Hex  -  The  Ultimate  Debuff  that  does  literally nothing  

Hex  -  The  Ultimate  Debuff  used  no  where.

Hex  -  The  Ultimate  Debuff  created  for  the  solo  purpose  of  countering Hydra

Hex  -  The  Ultimate  Debuff  failing  to  counter  Hydra  because it  gets  cleansed  away.

Bwwwwwahahahahahaha

I  have  already  decided  I  need  to  make  an  Arena  Hex  team.

I  think  I  am  in  Bronze  1  of  Tag  Arena.

I'm  make  a  Tag  Arena  team  which  does  Hex  to  the  enemy.

All  the  noobs  in  Bronze  1  will  be  so  confused.

Bwwwwahahahahaha

Image  a  beginner  attacking  an  Arena  Defense.

Than  boom  the  enemy  team  Hexes  you.

The  beginner  will  sit  there  for  10  mins  trying to  figure  out  what  Hex  does.

OMG  -  Its  going  to  be  Priceless

Feb 4, 2022, 01:3702/04/22
12/19/19

@naumcegorgievsi

I love when people rage post,  then like their own post 😆 🤣 

I will like my post too

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 4, 2022, 03:3902/04/22
02/24/19
Trips

@naumcegorgievsi

I love when people rage post,  then like their own post 😆 🤣 

I will like my post too

I was going to like YOUR post Trips, but I will post my own and like IT instead.

Triple dog dare you to unlike your post and like mine.

Feb 4, 2022, 03:4202/04/22
01/04/20
harleQuinn

I was going to like YOUR post Trips, but I will post my own and like IT instead.

Triple dog dare you to unlike your post and like mine.

Imagine liking your own post? Smh 

dthorne04Moderator
Feb 4, 2022, 03:4402/04/22
12/30/20
Harbby

Imagine liking your own post? Smh 

GROW UP CHILDREN

Feb 4, 2022, 10:5502/04/22
09/12/20
Player J

I  gave  Midnight  an  upvote because that  is  the  funniest comment of  them  all.

The  reason  it  is  funny  is  because it  is  so  true.

Imagine  building  a  Hex  Champion  to  counter  the  Head  of  Mischief.

-  All  the  effort

-  All  the  energy

-  All  for  the  glory

Than  Boom!  You  suddenly realize  the  other  Head  cleanses.

Bwwwwwahahahahaaha

Good  One  Game  Developer 

Shiny  Gold  Star  on  your  Shiny  Little Forehead.

Hex  -  The  Ultimate  Debuff  that  does  literally nothing  

Hex  -  The  Ultimate  Debuff  used  no  where.

Hex  -  The  Ultimate  Debuff  created  for  the  solo  purpose  of  countering Hydra

Hex  -  The  Ultimate  Debuff  failing  to  counter  Hydra  because it  gets  cleansed  away.

Bwwwwwahahahahahaha

I  have  already  decided  I  need  to  make  an  Arena  Hex  team.

I  think  I  am  in  Bronze  1  of  Tag  Arena.

I'm  make  a  Tag  Arena  team  which  does  Hex  to  the  enemy.

All  the  noobs  in  Bronze  1  will  be  so  confused.

Bwwwwahahahahaha

Image  a  beginner  attacking  an  Arena  Defense.

Than  boom  the  enemy  team  Hexes  you.

The  beginner  will  sit  there  for  10  mins  trying to  figure  out  what  Hex  does.

OMG  -  Its  going  to  be  Priceless

The sad thing is... I fully ranked and levelled 2 hexers, one for fun (thea the tomb angel) one for this encounter (Ruul the huntmaster) and both are useless against head of mischief because of cleanse from other heads and block debuff

dthorne04Moderator
Feb 4, 2022, 16:2802/04/22
12/30/20
Midnight

The sad thing is... I fully ranked and levelled 2 hexers, one for fun (thea the tomb angel) one for this encounter (Ruul the huntmaster) and both are useless against head of mischief because of cleanse from other heads and block debuff

There are ways to mitigate that, such as timing your debuffs (which is something we should be doing anyway) and running higher resist to prevent debuffs being stolen, or bringing a buff stripper/blocker. 

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 6, 2022, 20:3602/06/22
02/24/19

One of my fave rants I've ever seen. Maybe the most epic in my time with Raid. Almost like it was written for a film, an epic monologue just to show the viewer the friend of our protagonist had gone insane and turned to villiany. 

I am sorry for those of you who missed it, as it was the pinnacle of angry ranting, chef's kiss kind of stuff. But unforunately it broke four rules that required me to remove it. Keep this in mind for your rants in the future. Love to see them, but try and follow the forum guidelines. Then we can all share in the craziness.

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 6, 2022, 20:4402/06/22
Feb 6, 2022, 20:45(edited)
02/24/19

Oh, and here's the Arena thread I so arrogantly and ignorantly closed, for those of you who want to see ObsidanRipper get advice about farming from some of our forum regular frens. (Thanks Minin and Krama, appreciate you! <3 )

I will now be arrogantly and ignorantly closing this thread as well. :D

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.