All Categories

CB Team Help

CB Team Help

Search
Jan 30, 2022, 16:5701/30/22
01/23/22

CB Team Help

I just recently started fighting the clan boss and can get the knight chest on hard, but I'm trying to figure out the team I need to progress further.  My champs are crap now, dont even have one 60, so I'm just looking for high level concepts how to merge survivability with damage.  What buff should I be looking for and what gear should go on each champ with that buff?  Stuff like that, thanks!

Views
Comments
Comments
dthorne04Moderator
Jan 30, 2022, 17:2901/30/22
12/30/20

Hey again Ripper.

You can check out HellHades put out a year ago on Clan Boss basics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjsNGq1K55I

And the article to go with it, which should work just fine to start out:

https://hellhades.com/hellhades-guide-to-clan-boss/

If I remember correctly you pulled a Warcaster last weekend which will give you an option for an unkillable team down the line, but for now we're just looking to more or less throw your highest champs at it, most likely. 

Long we're looking to cover as many bases as possible and though some players may weigh certain roles more or less, I think this is a nice place to start. 

Jan 30, 2022, 17:3401/30/22
06/25/20

Honestly - don't worry too much about CB yet. Unless you've got a bunch of new champs, your roster is still far too thin to be focusing on anything.

As with everything else in this game, patience is king. Wasting resources leveling sub-par champs just to progress a bit further in CB is a big setback.

Wait until you at least have a full roster of 60's that can farm dungeons, and then start looking at how you can turn the rest of your roster into something for CB.

Jan 30, 2022, 17:4101/30/22
10/15/20

One way to deal high damage vs. CB are unkillable teams. You need champs like Maneater, that can put  unkillable or block damage debuff on your whole team. I'm not going deeper into this, because there are very few champs with a teamwide unkillable or block damage buff, and if you don't have them, you can't make such a team.

In all other teams, the following points widely accepted:

• every champ in your CB team should be lvl 60 and have either Warmaster or Giantslayer as tier 6 mastery
  • Giantslayer/Warmaster will not only deal millions of damage over the fight, but also be the main aspect of healing for your team --> leech debuff or life leech set on all 5 champs
  • increase def, counter attack and ally protection for your team are buffs you want
  • decrease attack, decrease def, weaken, poison, hp burn are debuffs you want
  • the single target hit of the CB stuns, one champ that can block debuffs or removes the stun can help

If you create a CB team, make a check if you have as many buffs and debuffs mentioned above as possible. 

Jan 30, 2022, 18:3101/30/22
01/23/22
Skadi

One way to deal high damage vs. CB are unkillable teams. You need champs like Maneater, that can put  unkillable or block damage debuff on your whole team. I'm not going deeper into this, because there are very few champs with a teamwide unkillable or block damage buff, and if you don't have them, you can't make such a team.

In all other teams, the following points widely accepted:

• every champ in your CB team should be lvl 60 and have either Warmaster or Giantslayer as tier 6 mastery
  • Giantslayer/Warmaster will not only deal millions of damage over the fight, but also be the main aspect of healing for your team --> leech debuff or life leech set on all 5 champs
  • increase def, counter attack and ally protection for your team are buffs you want
  • decrease attack, decrease def, weaken, poison, hp burn are debuffs you want
  • the single target hit of the CB stuns, one champ that can block debuffs or removes the stun can help

If you create a CB team, make a check if you have as many buffs and debuffs mentioned above as possible. 

Thanks, this is what I'm looking for.   So how would you equip champs with ally protection buffs?  All speed gear to get them to go more often?  Def/life gear so they live longer?  

dthorne04Moderator
Jan 30, 2022, 18:3701/30/22
12/30/20
ObsideonRipper

Thanks, this is what I'm looking for.   So how would you equip champs with ally protection buffs?  All speed gear to get them to go more often?  Def/life gear so they live longer?  

The champs placing ally protect down need to have a lot of HP/DEF, first and foremost. 

If you can also get an increase defense buff on your entire team, it's even better. Ally protect and increase defense play very nicely together. 

Jan 30, 2022, 18:4901/30/22
10/15/20
ObsideonRipper

One strange thing or maybe even bug about ally protection is, that the damage the protector recieves is increased by his own critdamage. That doesn't make any sense, but as this mechanic occurs, the protector should have as low crit damage as possible.

Jan 30, 2022, 19:5901/30/22
06/25/20

I hate to rain on good advice, but seriousy, OP, I hope you take all of this as "info to tuck away in a drawer and bring out in a month or two".

You shouldn't be trying to gear up teams in specific gear, or looking for specific team combinations, when you are still in the process of getting your starter champ to 60 and building up a dungeon farming team. It's much more important for you to get those two pieces done, rather than spending silver and energy on CB champs that you will simply not have the gear or resources to do much with. Many of the CB champs are very CB-specific, and will not really help you progress in dungeons much at all.

Jan 30, 2022, 20:1401/30/22
01/23/22
kramaswamy.kr

I hate to rain on good advice, but seriousy, OP, I hope you take all of this as "info to tuck away in a drawer and bring out in a month or two".

You shouldn't be trying to gear up teams in specific gear, or looking for specific team combinations, when you are still in the process of getting your starter champ to 60 and building up a dungeon farming team. It's much more important for you to get those two pieces done, rather than spending silver and energy on CB champs that you will simply not have the gear or resources to do much with. Many of the CB champs are very CB-specific, and will not really help you progress in dungeons much at all.

I am focusing on getting Kael to 60 (two more 5* food to go!) but yeah, this was more what I should be looking for regarding CB.   Whats a good dungeon farming team?

Jan 30, 2022, 20:4201/30/22
06/25/20

I'd suggest posting an updated roster - probably got a few new champs to look at. We can give suggestions from there.

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 30, 2022, 20:5401/30/22
02/24/19
ObsideonRipper

I am focusing on getting Kael to 60 (two more 5* food to go!) but yeah, this was more what I should be looking for regarding CB.   Whats a good dungeon farming team?

Couldn't agree more with Krama's advice here.

I also would love to see an updated roster. 

You are in that lovely stage where the goal is building that first champ and then your first team of 60s. If you select who to build well, and get one or two decent pulls, you can get a team made designed to climb to Dungeon 20s, and Spider 13+. Resources are so scarce you want your first 5 60s to be crafted to fill out that first team with all the different team roles.

That first team is the one you drop into Clan Boss each day. Once they are all built and you have your starter effectively farming campaign and have climbed in the dungeons, that's really when you start focusing on champs exclusively for Clan Boss or Arenas.

Jan 30, 2022, 21:2201/30/22
01/23/22
kramaswamy.kr

I'd suggest posting an updated roster - probably got a few new champs to look at. We can give suggestions from there.

Here you go, not very impressive, lol

i

Jan 30, 2022, 21:3301/30/22
06/25/20

Yeah this is what I expected. You are *way* too early to be considering CB at all.

ATM your focus should be:

1) Get Kael to 60, full masteries, full books

2) Get Alek to 60, full masteries. don't book him though.

3) Don't raise anyone else past level 40. Don't ascend anyone else, don't get masteries for anyone else, don't book anyone else. None of the rest of the champs you currently own are worth investing in, at the moment. Warcaster *could* become interesting, but he needs other pieces, and until then, he's just dead weight.

Just keep building up food. You're going to need a *lot* of it. Use the market to buy 5* epic+ items to gear up your main two champs, and play the waiting game. It's boring, yes, but when you do get the champs you need, you'll be able to power them up to 60 very quickly this way.

Assuming you don't get anything else, the next champ you should level is High Khatun. Get her to 60, she'll help you everywhere, even endgame she is valuable for faction wars. After that, there are a handful of other daily login champs that are worth investing in. Scyl is far and away the best of them. If you don't get anyone better by then, Dark Elhain is also pretty decent.

In the absolute worst-case scenario, that should be a team more than capable of handling dungeons up to 20 - High Khatun lead, Scyl, Kael, Alek, Dark Elhain. It's a bit damage-heavy, so you'll probably need to gear them a bit tankier than otherwise, but it's a guaranteed progression path.

Jan 30, 2022, 21:3801/30/22
Jan 30, 2022, 21:38(edited)
01/23/22

Thanks!  So its worth taking Alek to 60 next?  Should I ascend him too?

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 30, 2022, 21:3901/30/22
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

Yeah this is what I expected. You are *way* too early to be considering CB at all.

3) Don't raise anyone else past level 40. Don't ascend anyone else, don't get masteries for anyone else, don't book anyone else. None of the rest of the champs you currently own are worth investing in, at the moment. Warcaster *could* become interesting, but he needs other pieces, and until then, he's just dead weight.

Just keep building up food. You're going to need a *lot* of it. Use the market to buy 5* epic+ items to gear up your main two champs, and play the waiting game. It's boring, yes, but when you do get the champs you need, you'll be able to power them up to 60 very quickly this way.

Assuming you don't get anything else, the next champ you should level is High Khatun. Get her to 60, she'll help you everywhere, even endgame she is valuable for faction wars. After that, there are a handful of other daily login champs that are worth investing in. Scyl is far and away the best of them. If you don't get anyone better by then, Dark Elhain is also pretty decent.

In the absolute worst-case scenario, that should be a team more than capable of handling dungeons up to 20 - High Khatun lead, Scyl, Kael, Alek, Dark Elhain. It's a bit damage-heavy, so you'll probably need to gear them a bit tankier than otherwise, but it's a guaranteed progression path.

This is all very good advice right here. I second the work on Kael, then Aleks, then High Khatun plan. You will get other champs soon, through shards in campaign and in your daily logins.

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 30, 2022, 21:4001/30/22
02/24/19
ObsideonRipper

Thanks!  So its worth taking Alek to 60 next?  Should I ascend him too?

Yes to both. :)

Jan 30, 2022, 21:4601/30/22
01/23/22
kramaswamy.kr

One other question.  If none of the other rares are worth investing in, why keep them?  Can I use for food?

Jan 30, 2022, 22:0801/30/22
01/23/22
harleQuinn

Yes to both. :)

How would you equip alek?

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 30, 2022, 22:3201/30/22
02/24/19
ObsideonRipper

One other question.  If none of the other rares are worth investing in, why keep them?  Can I use for food?

You want to keep at least one copy of the fusion rares, they have the little swirly circle at the bottom. You will use them for Broadmaw, Relickeeper or Rhazin. These help you complete missions, and in the case of Rhazin, is an excellent champ you will get tons of usage out of one day.

Rares like Conquerer, who you have, did tons of work for me too. Was in my initial Banner Lord FW 21 team actually. So it's worth checking out Rares on HellHades or AyumiLove for rankings and to see if they are good somewhere you are hurting for champs right now.

So basically, eventually you will be in a place to use rares, but be careful for now feeding them

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 30, 2022, 22:3301/30/22
02/24/19
ObsideonRipper

How would you equip alek?

Speed and Accuracy. After that, Crit Rate and Attack, then work up the Crit Damage. He benefits from Perception Sets, Speed Sets and Accuracy Sets. But, focus on stats first.

Jan 30, 2022, 22:4801/30/22
06/25/20
ObsideonRipper

You could, but personally, I like keeping one copy of all of them in my vault, plus filling up my guardian hall with dupes to boost the others.

The way I look at it is - a rare champ is worth about 68 energy (for me, 4 nightmare campaign + 1 normal campaign brings three 2* champs to level 20), which is about three hours worth of energy. Is it really worth eating a rare champ that you may want later?