All Categories

First Double Doom Tower Completion

Search
harleQuinnModerator
Jan 28, 2022, 03:1401/28/22
02/24/19

Well, I'm excited! This is the first time I've completed BOTH Normal and Hard Doom Tower. The other rotations I have finished Normal and fought my way to a standstill somewhere in the 50-90s on Hard.

i

i

Big step for me, and I wanted to share! How is everyone else doing in DT?

Views
Comments
Comments
Jan 28, 2022, 08:0701/28/22
04/02/19

Well done that's your game finished, you can now find something else to do 😁

I do DT normal and usually somewhere 80-90 hard, I can't be bothered with spending money on different gear combos and trying them out - one day maybe!

dthorne04Moderator
Jan 28, 2022, 17:3901/28/22
12/30/20

Congrats. 'twas a matter of time. :) 

That sweet, sweet Ninja DPS.

Took a break during the Hard DT grind to finish normal and I am currently in pain town. 

i

Tried a few comps that maybe have gotten hit by RNG some buuuuut think I'm going to try a comp with Lydia/Brogni/Rhazin/Big Un'/Scyl. Not sure though. this floor is ROUGH. I'm sure I have a combo in there, plus the RNG of getting my CCs to land on wave 2. 

Jan 28, 2022, 17:4501/28/22
02/14/21

Finished normal, got stuck on 3rd boss on hard not enough speed to not let Scarb have a turn and then game over.

Not my focus atm trying to build a UNM CB team.

Jan 28, 2022, 17:5601/28/22
06/25/20
dthorne04

Congrats. 'twas a matter of time. :) 

That sweet, sweet Ninja DPS.

Took a break during the Hard DT grind to finish normal and I am currently in pain town. 

i

Tried a few comps that maybe have gotten hit by RNG some buuuuut think I'm going to try a comp with Lydia/Brogni/Rhazin/Big Un'/Scyl. Not sure though. this floor is ROUGH. I'm sure I have a combo in there, plus the RNG of getting my CCs to land on wave 2. 

Wish we could trade places. That team looks like it'd be pretty easy for my Kimi + Lydia + Arbiter + Maulie + Big'Un team :/

Jan 29, 2022, 10:4001/29/22
02/08/20

Congratulations to the op.

Since the first release of the third Doom Tower rotation I am able to beat the final boss on normal for each rotation.

On hard difficulty my runs stops normally at floor 50. However, this time I was able to pass floor 50 and only the Krisk wave on floor 91 stopped me. 

I would never had thought that Vlad the Nightborn is such a great champion at least for me to improve my progression in Doom Tower hard. For most waves I use Visix and Vlad and they work very well together. The combination of Visix AOE decrease speed buff and Vlads AOE turnmeter reduction ensured that the enemy waves got fewer turns turn than my team. Therefore, I could ensure that the enemy wave was constantly crowd controlled.

After beating floor 80 I noticed that the waves improved speed wise and now it was a real struggle to beat all floors to 90. It seems to be that I have to improve my gear significantly otherwise I will not progress any further.

Jan 29, 2022, 15:0101/29/22
06/25/20
Bandana86

Since the first release of the third Doom Tower rotation I am able to beat the final boss on normal for each rotation.

On hard difficulty my runs stops normally at floor 50. However, this time I was able to pass floor 50 and only the Krisk wave on floor 91 stopped me. 

I would never had thought that Vlad the Nightborn is such a great champion at least for me to improve my progression in Doom Tower hard. For most waves I use Visix and Vlad and they work very well together. The combination of Visix AOE decrease speed buff and Vlads AOE turnmeter reduction ensured that the enemy waves got fewer turns turn than my team. Therefore, I could ensure that the enemy wave was constantly crowd controlled.

After beating floor 80 I noticed that the waves improved speed wise and now it was a real struggle to beat all floors to 90. It seems to be that I have to improve my gear significantly otherwise I will not progress any further.

This is similarish to my team comp, with Big'Un and Nethril playing the TM roles, and Maulie playing the Provoke role.

The big thing which will hold you back on the higher waves is actually not speed - that's relatively easy to overcome. The problem is resistance. Without 300+ acc, your debuffs/TM are all but useless, and if you need them to consistently land, you better be closer to 350-400. Might want to dig Yoshi or Ruel out of the vault, since their increase ACC is very good.

dthorne04Moderator
Jan 29, 2022, 15:5701/29/22
12/30/20
kramaswamy.kr

This is similarish to my team comp, with Big'Un and Nethril playing the TM roles, and Maulie playing the Provoke role.

The big thing which will hold you back on the higher waves is actually not speed - that's relatively easy to overcome. The problem is resistance. Without 300+ acc, your debuffs/TM are all but useless, and if you need them to consistently land, you better be closer to 350-400. Might want to dig Yoshi or Ruel out of the vault, since their increase ACC is very good.

+1 for Yoshi.

He really seems like the kind of champ who can be a big carry/boost in a lot of the stages where you need to shift to a more CC oriented strat. I know Quinn has been #teamyoshi for awhile now and I just haven't gotten around to building mine. Can definitely say there are a lot of times I could've used him this run. Oops.

Everything about his kit is pretty much tailor made for doom tower, including that aura. I've been using Ursala as my speed lead and some of these 112-114s, I would have loved to have Yoshi in there. 

Jan 29, 2022, 16:0401/29/22
12/19/19
dthorne04

+1 for Yoshi.

He really seems like the kind of champ who can be a big carry/boost in a lot of the stages where you need to shift to a more CC oriented strat. I know Quinn has been #teamyoshi for awhile now and I just haven't gotten around to building mine. Can definitely say there are a lot of times I could've used him this run. Oops.

Everything about his kit is pretty much tailor made for doom tower, including that aura. I've been using Ursala as my speed lead and some of these 112-114s, I would have loved to have Yoshi in there. 

1I was Yoshi #1 fan, and still use extensively in Tag.  But lady kimi is 100x better. 

Someone mentioned Vlad above, I haven't got to building but agree that the TM reduction would be great. 

The struggle is 90% gear.  I got past 110 on Initial release, but took me 6 months to finish it 😆 🤣 

And as soon as I finish all 3 rotations I pull Seer and Kymar...

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 30, 2022, 05:0701/30/22
02/24/19
dthorne04

+1 for Yoshi.

#teamyoshi 4lyfe

That big boi is really really good in Hard Doomtower and Arena. Everyone was knocking him so bad during the fusion, but I love him.

Jan 30, 2022, 07:1601/30/22
01/04/20

Congrats Quinn! I just finished Hard today.. got it just in time. 

Jan 30, 2022, 09:0301/30/22
02/08/20
kramaswamy.kr

You are absolutely right that I have really big issue with accuracy as my debuffs get resisted all the time. 

However, for some of my champions with crowd control abilities speed is also an issue. They are to slow in my opinion (speed below 180). 

It is true that Yoshi and Ruel are sitting in my vault, but this is only due to the fact that I need the right gear for them. I was focused to clear all Faction crypts before the Shadowkin crypt open (I failed to do so by one week), therefore both champion were not on my priority list.

Jan 30, 2022, 09:5501/30/22
02/13/21
Bandana86

Nice work, and this is a great strategy.  I also use the same for the very difficult waves in bringing a lot of turn meter and crowd control.  My current go to team consists of Psylar (reduce turn meter + reduce speed), Scyl (AOE stun), FuShan (AOE stun), Apoc (increase turn meter and healing) and Bellower (stun set and AI set to only use A1 for 30% chance to proc block active skills).  The bellower in particular has been pretty clutch, because both the stun and block active skills helps immensely.

So far I have been able to get through some of the more difficult waves purely by severly limiting the enemies ability to do anything, but you really need to step in and manual it sometimes. 

Also congrats to Quinn too.  Being able to take down both normal and hard doom tower is great from a monthly resource acquisition point of view, which in turn makes the fragment/fusion events much easier!

Jan 30, 2022, 17:0901/30/22
11/29/20

First time I've cleared both as well!  Got stuck at 112-115 for a few days but made it past.  Boss was easy once I rebuilt drex for pure accuracy.  Stag knight is thrown in purely for his passive, it's OP in DT hard.

i

dthorne04Moderator
Jan 30, 2022, 17:1701/30/22
12/30/20
chris

First time I've cleared both as well!  Got stuck at 112-115 for a few days but made it past.  Boss was easy once I rebuilt drex for pure accuracy.  Stag knight is thrown in purely for his passive, it's OP in DT hard.

i

Congrats. :)

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 30, 2022, 20:3201/30/22
02/24/19
chris

i

Well done Chris! Now we get to suffer through the next rotation all together! lol

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 30, 2022, 20:3201/30/22
02/24/19
Harbby

Congrats Quinn! I just finished Hard today.. got it just in time. 

Congrats Harbby! One of us! One of us!

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 30, 2022, 20:3301/30/22
02/24/19
RoseRoyal

Nice work, and this is a great strategy.  I also use the same for the very difficult waves in bringing a lot of turn meter and crowd control.  My current go to team consists of Psylar (reduce turn meter + reduce speed), Scyl (AOE stun), FuShan (AOE stun), Apoc (increase turn meter and healing) and Bellower (stun set and AI set to only use A1 for 30% chance to proc block active skills).  The bellower in particular has been pretty clutch, because both the stun and block active skills helps immensely.

So far I have been able to get through some of the more difficult waves purely by severly limiting the enemies ability to do anything, but you really need to step in and manual it sometimes. 

Also congrats to Quinn too.  Being able to take down both normal and hard doom tower is great from a monthly resource acquisition point of view, which in turn makes the fragment/fusion events much easier!

Thanks RR. You know me, always looking for a leg up on how to complete fusions without becoming a spender. lol

Jan 30, 2022, 22:5501/30/22
05/13/19

Congrats!

Jan 30, 2022, 22:5601/30/22
06/25/20

Got another few hours left tonight before bed, and sitting at floor 115. Almost through the damn tormin waves, then hopefully clear sailing to the end :)

dthorne04Moderator
Jan 31, 2022, 02:1901/31/22
12/30/20
kramaswamy.kr

Got another few hours left tonight before bed, and sitting at floor 115. Almost through the damn tormin waves, then hopefully clear sailing to the end :)

good luck to you and everyone else trying to finish up tonight. :)

i

Also my first completion of hard DT. Was funny to full auto this after the grind 110-119 was. Everyone around 350 RES before Brogni aura, Lydia 375 acc, skimped a bit with Ninja at 310, I think.

Super super huge thanks to Quinn who helped me out with some (most? all? honestly brain is just busted from seeing so much Siphi/Rotos the past three days) of the toughest portion of waves and pointed me in the direction of this specific team, which got me through the bulk of I'd say 80 to 120, save for some of the worst Siphi/Rotos/Tormin stuff. Was cool to do most of the heavy lifting with a login champ, FW champ and two fusions. And Ursala who I got from the guaranteed void event way back when by saving up. 

I would've liked to used Rotos in some of those tougher Siphi/Rotos stages, or Shamael. Unfortunately I couldn't really get him to the point where I felt like I could sustain having him in the team while having enough damage, and losing a more defensive champ. Here's how I finished 116: (ended up having to switch Brago to more DEF, less HP and get targeted while having up CA. Everyone but Aniri were faster than Siphis, Aniri got in after them and stripped. Also took Brogni into more damage.) This was not fun.

i

Yoshi would have been nice in some of the higher stages that need heavy, heavy CC. Tatura too, I think. Shammy, Yoshi, Tatura are on my shortlist to have available.

Also learned it's time to go spend forever in FK for immunity, savage, etc.