All Categories

Help me find items to sell

Search
Jan 27, 2022, 00:5601/27/22
06/25/20

I'm both short on silver (<1M) and heavy on items (900+), but I can't think of filters to apply that would let me identify what to sell.

What I've already sold:

• Everything 5* and under
  • Everything in glove/chest/boot slot with flat atk/hp/def
  • Rare and epic items with two flat atk/hp/def

What I'm considering is updating that third rule to also consider acc/res as sellable substats. While they are undeniably useful, I'm not sure whether they are truly worth considering, simply because of the complexity of trying to identify what else to sell. That would let me sell about 150 items. I'm also considering expanding that rule to items without both substats being of [Role-specific Primary%]/CD/CR/SPD - IE, selling ATK% + DEF% for example. That represents another 50ish items.

Any other tips/tricks?

Views
Comments
Comments
Jan 27, 2022, 09:4901/27/22
01/02/22

I  only  keep  so  many  of  sets  especially  sets  i  dont  use.  Rolling  is  kind  of  fun  in  itself.  Brutally  roll  stuff  to  8  and  see  if  you  like  it  where  you  have  extra  or  are  on  the  fence.

Jan 27, 2022, 10:5001/27/22
02/14/21

900!!!

I wish I was that low I just cleared items and I am at 1200ish, I guess I really need to stop hoarding 😀

Jan 27, 2022, 12:1701/27/22
01/19/21

Be a lot more selective when it comes to weapons, helmets and shields. Since their primary stat is locked, your chances of getting a good set of substats for those is considerably higher than for gauntlets, chest and boots. I pretty much sell any item from the top row that has a single flat stat on them, except in some cases like legendary qualities with speed + 2 good substats and a flat one (in which case I roll them first). I also tend to be a lot more picky about niche sets, like toxic, fury, frost etc.

That being said, I pretty much have the same problem. I'm at 1285 items currently, and I've already cleaned it out fairly recently. I should probably just start equipping champions I don't really use outside of FW to free up inventory space at this point. Unfortunately it costs too much silver to upgrade them, and often you need to roll them to at least +8 or +12 to be able to tell if the item is worth keeping.

Jan 27, 2022, 14:3601/27/22
12/19/19

Roll, Sell, Roll, Sell, ...

And acc/res/CR are most desirable substats imo after speed.  

1. Speed
  2. ACC/RES/CR
  3. HP%/DEF%
  4. CD%
  5. ATK%
  6. Flat HP/DEF
  7. Flat ATK

I still keep plenty of 5* epic/leg.  I would autosell 6* rare before 5* leg

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 27, 2022, 18:3701/27/22
Jan 27, 2022, 22:11(edited)
02/24/19

At this point, I have just been autoselling everything without Speed substats, as all the content I am running requires speed, speed and more speed.

When further evaluating to clear old inventory, I follow that same rule: Speed or Sell. Even if something has speed, if it didn't roll speed at least once or twice, and has scattered substat rolls, I sell it. Double substat rolls in Accuracy, Resistance and CR will help me to keep a piece. If it rolls the flat substat, it means a piece gets sold. Even if it has other good subs, that's my speed, crit damage, accuracy or resistance that can no longer be rolled, and won't be an improvement to my already equipped gear. I need champs with 500 accuracy, 250 speed and some of either 80k HPs or 4.5k defense or 400 resistance in the last 20 levels of Hard DT. Can't do that with pieces that roll flat substats.

I see you sold them Krama, but for me, all 5 star pieces are okay with a good substat array, and if they roll well. This would mean double speed with various combinations of crit rate/crit damage/accuracy/resistance. I also keep many 5 star speed stat boots.

Jan 27, 2022, 21:1801/27/22
02/20/17
harleQuinn

At this point, I have just been autoselling everything without Speed substats, as all the content I am running requires speed, speed and more speed.

When further evaluating to clear old inventory, I follow that same rule: Speed or Sell. Even if something has speed, if it didn't roll speed at least once or twice, and has scattered substat rolls, I sell it. Double substat rolls in Accuracy, Resistance and CR will help me to keep a piece. If it rolls the flat substat, it means a piece gets sold. Even if it has other good subs, that's my speed, crit damage, accuracy or resistance that can no longer be rolled, and won't be an improvement to my already equipped gear. I need champs with 500 accuracy, 250 speed and some of either 80k HPs or 4.5k defense or 400 resistance in the last 20 levels of Hard DT. Can't do that with pieces that roll flat substats.

I see you sold them Krama, but for me, all 5 star pieces are okay with a good substat array, and if they roll well. This would mean double speed with various combinations of crit rate/crit damage/accuracy/resistance. I also keep many 5 star speed stat boots.

It is one thing to have a plan in concept but another to be able to follow it.  I think your plan with speed is a good one and easier to follow consistently, and reap good rewards. If a selection process gets too complicated, you will be constantly changing your mind about what to do, and decide either most get kept or most get sold. But I am not sure, by that I do not mean I disagree with you, if speed is always necessary for all champs.  Especially with speed tuning to do, without the intended use of a champ fully known, might not just arbitrarily packing on speed make it harder to mesh with others on a team? I am going to be in the same boat soon, having to clean out a bunch of stuff, build anew, and needing a go-forward plan.

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 27, 2022, 21:5601/27/22
Jan 27, 2022, 22:00(edited)
02/24/19
LADYGAGA

It is one thing to have a plan in concept but another to be able to follow it.  I think your plan with speed is a good one and easier to follow consistently, and reap good rewards. If a selection process gets too complicated, you will be constantly changing your mind about what to do, and decide either most get kept or most get sold. But I am not sure, by that I do not mean I disagree with you, if speed is always necessary for all champs.  Especially with speed tuning to do, without the intended use of a champ fully known, might not just arbitrarily packing on speed make it harder to mesh with others on a team? I am going to be in the same boat soon, having to clean out a bunch of stuff, build anew, and needing a go-forward plan.

Hi there. Looks like you are asking. "How do you know you won't be too fast by only keeping pieces with Speed?"

Two simple answers for that. There is almost no way to be "too fast". All endgame content is ridiculously fast. Needing above 250 speed was required on my whole Hard DT team, at least for the last 30 levels or so.

Secondly, by keeping 6 star Atk %, Def % and HP % boots for your sets, you can ensure that you can be super duper slow in the rare case you want a slow champ for something. Just switching away from speed boots drops a TON of speed off champs. 

Now, if you only have the champs to do a Budget Unkillable CB team or some such, you will need a very slow champ. But in that case, you make sure they are equipped as well as possible, then clear out the rest of your gear using the aforementioned advice. Usually though, that isn't neccessary if you have some decent non-speed boots. 

Once you are doing Doom Tower and such, basic speeds of close to 200 is standard to progress quickly/well. Most dungeon 25 teams I play with have absolute minimum speeds in the 170s, and that's for spider teams.

Jan 27, 2022, 22:0601/27/22
06/25/20
LADYGAGA

Something else to clarify here - this whole thread really is for end-game stuff. I absolutely wouldn't apply these rules if I weren't already at the point of having pretty much all content complete.

dthorne04Moderator
Jan 27, 2022, 22:2101/27/22
12/30/20
harleQuinn

Hi there. Looks like you are asking. "How do you know you won't be too fast by only keeping pieces with Speed?"

Two simple answers for that. There is almost no way to be "too fast". All endgame content is ridiculously fast. Needing above 250 speed was required on my whole Hard DT team, at least for the last 30 levels or so.

Secondly, by keeping 6 star Atk %, Def % and HP % boots for your sets, you can ensure that you can be super duper slow in the rare case you want a slow champ for something. Just switching away from speed boots drops a TON of speed off champs. 

Now, if you only have the champs to do a Budget Unkillable CB team or some such, you will need a very slow champ. But in that case, you make sure they are equipped as well as possible, then clear out the rest of your gear using the aforementioned advice. Usually though, that isn't neccessary if you have some decent non-speed boots. 

Once you are doing Doom Tower and such, basic speeds of close to 200 is standard to progress quickly/well. Most dungeon 25 teams I play with have absolute minimum speeds in the 170s, and that's for spider teams.

I would add that this very much outlines why we have a plan, so we don't get paralyzed by information later, convince ourselves to keep gear we had decided didn't fit our goals for keeping gear, so on and so forth. This is how you end up with 1200/1300 gear over and over again (totally not talking about myself here at all) because you get gear that might be good. You can always roll up that "might be good" gear to 8 if it fulfills what we're looking for, and sell it if doesn't meet our standards.

Quinn is also bang on that there's no such thing as having too much good speed gear. You will find homes for all that speed gear, one way or another. 

Jan 27, 2022, 22:3801/27/22
12/19/19

Hoarders!!! 

Roll and sell, roll and sell, roll and sell...

dthorne04Moderator
Jan 27, 2022, 22:5501/27/22
12/30/20
Trips

Hoarders!!! 

Roll and sell, roll and sell, roll and sell...

i

I sold 150 pieces yesterday. I totally don't have a hoarding problem. 

Jan 27, 2022, 23:1001/27/22
12/19/19

1256... smh at myself...