All Categories

Campaign on Nightmare Level

Search
Jan 21, 2022, 10:5201/21/22
04/12/21

OK, I am making an effort to shake up my tree and see what it would do to run nightmare campaign. I have always shied away from anything in the game that required higher levels of energy burn, like NM Campaign and higher level dungeons/keeps.  I did reach L20 on Force and Void keeps, a few others are not far behind.

NM Campaign is supposed to offer 3 to 6 star artifacts.  First time out I made it halfway through.  At first I was getting 3 stars per roll, but eventually my 2 champs (Stag and Athel or Runekeeper) petered out somewhere in Lifesteal section. If I switch to 4 champs I can get higher in the campaign  but fewer stars.

I was both pleased and disappointed.  Early on I started winning millions in silver.  I also hit big on a double XP boost which got me over 6 days of double XP. Also got some gems but that was not as big. The down side was with the artifacts. After about 50 or so tries, I only hit 3 artifacts that were 6 star, and 2 of those had flat stats, so really only got 1 useful keeper.  Mostly all 4 stars plus a few 5 stars, all Common.  So the Dungeons definitely have the better artifacts if you have the patience to plow through the pile of junk you get there.

Last but not least, I won a batch of 5 blue ancient shards, for which I will take the advice I have seen here many times about waiting for a 2x event for opening.  So when that occurs I will open and reveal what I get. Not expecting much but we will see.

For now I see that NM Campaign is not so good for getting artifacts, but silver and shards are better.

Views
Comments
Comments
Jan 21, 2022, 11:0301/21/22
07/08/19

silver is worse, actually. you get more of it per battle, but since you're paying twice the energy per battle, it works out to a net loss overall, particularly when you factor in the loss from artifacts since you pull twice as many from brutal. the only real advantage to nightmare is that it's the best place in the game to farm xp, but it's not generally worth running unlessyou're trying to get the rewards from starring it.

Jan 21, 2022, 11:2401/21/22
04/12/21
Carpe_Piscis

silver is worse, actually. you get more of it per battle, but since you're paying twice the energy per battle, it works out to a net loss overall, particularly when you factor in the loss from artifacts since you pull twice as many from brutal. the only real advantage to nightmare is that it's the best place in the game to farm xp, but it's not generally worth running unlessyou're trying to get the rewards from starring it.

What I meant was that at various points there were some large silver dumps (for me, anyway) like 1 and 1.5 million, and towards the end I got over 2 million in one shot which will help on the fusion I am working on.  So yes the individual silver for each roll is nothing spectacular but the ones you get for progression I was quite pleased. So for better or worse I will try to finish it out.

It is just something I felt it was time to do after years in the game, thanks for your comment.

Jan 21, 2022, 15:4901/21/22
12/19/19

smh, ....

Jan 22, 2022, 17:3001/22/22
04/12/21

I opened my 5 ancient blue shards (did not wait for 2x event but I have no faith in anything Plarium says about odds).

2 of them gave me junky rares; rotting mage and hospitaller. But I needed them for advancing a champ to Rank 4.

3 others are interesting, all Epic Rank B.  One of them I have had before; Seneschal.  Two others are new that I have seen in the Arena; Erinyes and Ursine Ironhide.

No legos, but what else is new.

I think the bear will give my team some personality.

Jan 22, 2022, 17:4201/22/22
06/25/20

And, as usual you are your own worst enemy. I simply have nothing more to say to you.

Jan 22, 2022, 17:5501/22/22
Jan 22, 2022, 17:57(edited)
10/15/20

I don't think Erinyes is a good champ. Maybe early on as CB poisoner.

But definetly keep that champ! She is part of the Rhazin fusion. Never, absoluetly never (!) sacrifice any of the Rhazin champs, unless you have a copy. It took me a year to get all champs for Rhazin. If you pull one of the epics directly, that's a great shortcut. You don't need the 4 rares you would use to fuse Erinyes any more.

You allready have 1/4 of the great legendary champ Rhazin Scarhide.

Jan 23, 2022, 00:1701/23/22
04/12/21

""You allready have 1/4 of the great legendary champ Rhazin Scarhide. 

Fusions had been the furthest thing from my mind in this game, but lately I have taken more interest.  I am working on Broadmaw, almost done in a few days when I finish my fragments. Got everything else.

That is great to hear, as far as how good it is I often have to grasp for straws with the champs I get. Ayumilove gives it a B rating, not the best nor the worst, and gave it 5 stars for Clan Boss. So like anything else I will just have to see.  I try reading thru the skills but until I see it in some action those do not mean much on paper, and I am sure someone has a video review posted.  I also am light on champs for the Factions so sometimes I just need an extra body here and there. I once had 5 member teams for all the factions but got rid of them all.

Jan 23, 2022, 01:2601/23/22
06/20/19

I fused Broadmaw a long time ago, now have eaten like 1/2 a dozen.  Has a very few uses.  Rhazin on the other hand is usable in a lot of places.  Depending on how far your account is developed he can carry you through a lot of content.  I encourage you to make note of the champs needed for him and just put them in vault until you have them all.  He's very useful.