All Categories

Clan Quests? Please make sure they're even possible before adding them.

Search
Jan 18, 2022, 08:3801/18/22
08/05/19

Just got the new list of Clan Quests for the week.  One of the Elite quests is to "Clean the Shadowkin Crypt 3 times (Stage 20+)".  That crypt doesn't even open for the first time until tomorrow and with a max of 18 keys a week, the highest possible Stage you can get to is Stage 10 this week.  This quest won't even be possible to be completed for at least a month seing as how it will take 3 weeks just to get to Stage 19.   Seems this quest is quite premature for inclusion into the Clan Quest rotation, don't you think?  

Title edited to conform to forum rules

Views
Comments
Comments
harleQuinnModerator
Jan 18, 2022, 09:1001/18/22
02/24/19

This is problematic. Let me check on this.

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 18, 2022, 09:4501/18/22
02/24/19

Okay. I'm told there was some sort of technical issue with leaving that quest out while activating the crypt. 

It's unfortunate it has come up for us though. :(

Jan 18, 2022, 09:5101/18/22
06/20/19

It makes perfect sense that it would be more difficult to implement the crypt then at some later date implement the quest.  I get that it's not doable, but it's only problematic to those that do not read or verify the quests before accepting them.  In my clan there are left over quests every week so be picky for one thing.  Also every week there are members that do not complete their quests.  Either b/c they got lazy, had rl issues, or never verified if they could actually do it.  I generally do a few test runs before accepting a quest to ensure I can complete it.  At least until I've done it before and know I can complete it.

OP, thanks for pointing this out.

harle, thanks for checking on this.

Jan 18, 2022, 16:4201/18/22
08/05/19

Thanks harle for looking into this.  Yes, it's probematic.  I, too, check before pulling quests, but my problem tends to be that I'm in the US and the quests open up at 2a here.  Byt the time I get up around 8a, roughly half the Elite tasks are already claimed and I'm stuck with the leftovers and many I just can't complete.  So having one less Elite quest shrinks the pool even further.  I was lucky(?) this week as I was up late doing paperwork and realized it was 2a and jumped right in.  I realized immediately that quest was unachievable and sent out a team chat warning everyone.  Even with that warning, someone grabbed that quest.  Caveat emptor.  And right now, it's not even 11a here and there are only 9 Elite and 14 Expert quests left unclaimed.  Our clan is very grabby... :-)

Jan 18, 2022, 17:1901/18/22
06/20/19

LOL, 2 a.m. same time zone as you.  I understand your frustration.

My cluster has what appears to be a very effective rule for clan quests.  No one is allowed to take more than a single quest from each of the 3 difficulties in the first 24 hours.  After 24 hours you can take anything left.  So initially you may take one elite, one expert, and one basic; alternatively you can take one elite and wait till 2 a.m. wednesday then try to take another.  It works very well in my 13 clan cluster, no complaints or arguments.  Personally I grab one elite an one expert, then grab another elite the next day.  I can't speak for all the clans but we never claim all the quests and often some of the ones that are claimed are left incomplete.

Jan 18, 2022, 17:2501/18/22
12/19/19
Angwil

LOL, 2 a.m. same time zone as you.  I understand your frustration.

My cluster has what appears to be a very effective rule for clan quests.  No one is allowed to take more than a single quest from each of the 3 difficulties in the first 24 hours.  After 24 hours you can take anything left.  So initially you may take one elite, one expert, and one basic; alternatively you can take one elite and wait till 2 a.m. wednesday then try to take another.  It works very well in my 13 clan cluster, no complaints or arguments.  Personally I grab one elite an one expert, then grab another elite the next day.  I can't speak for all the clans but we never claim all the quests and often some of the ones that are claimed are left incomplete.

We use the free-for-all method, lol.  Sometimes I take 3 elite, sometimes 3 basic.  I don't buy anything currently since I finished the fragments, what are all of you buying? 

Jan 18, 2022, 17:4001/18/22
06/20/19
Trips

We use the free-for-all method, lol.  Sometimes I take 3 elite, sometimes 3 basic.  I don't buy anything currently since I finished the fragments, what are all of you buying? 

I bought the frags. And I'm buying the 5-6* revenge accessories. I don't see anything else interesting tbh.  When we open up slot 12 it will be all corehammer/leggo book.

Jan 18, 2022, 17:4501/18/22
06/25/20

I'm just saving all for lego books. I know it'll be a while before we get them, but nothing else interests me.

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 18, 2022, 18:0001/18/22
02/24/19
Trips

Revenge Accesories are quite good. I buy all 10 each week. :)

dthorne04Moderator
Jan 18, 2022, 18:0601/18/22
12/30/20
Angwil

I bought the frags. And I'm buying the 5-6* revenge accessories. I don't see anything else interesting tbh.  When we open up slot 12 it will be all corehammer/leggo book.

Same spot as you, buying all the 5-6* revenge accessories because I sell about 99% of everything I get from Spider now anyway, just looking for super high upside rolls, Revenge or CvC accessories. 

Trying to pass up the easy elite quests in my clan now that I've got the Yannica frags so others can finish that up. 

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 19, 2022, 04:2701/19/22
02/24/19

I wonder if people with the "open all Faction Crypts for 1 day" recall quest could get this done before the quest resets in 6 more days.

Finish 1-10 when it appeared, finish through like 15 when it opened, finish through 19 if it is one the first to open?

Nope, looks like even if everything worked out and the resets went perfect and Clan Quests reset after FW quests, it still doesn't work. 😫