All Categories

Suggestion - fusion fragment exchange

Search
Jan 17, 2022, 18:3101/17/22
10/17/21

Would be nice if we could exchange the fragments collected for fusion champs for another one. Even if it was 1 fragment for 2 or 3 fragments (and only between fusion champs)... Like you've collected 80 Vlad fragments and would exchange 40 or 60 Opardin fragments for the missing 20 Vlad fragments (don't get worked up on the champ choice, just an example).

It would benefit Plarium, the big spenders and the ftps as well. Imagine: 

- the big spenders or those who can easily top the leaderboards during the fusion can exchange the extra fragments on previous fragment champs, getting even duplicates for the dupe system or saving them for the next; 

- the ftp/weaker players can get the wanted fusion champs which they couldn't summon last time (choosing your legendary from an ever diluting roster is a big 'YES, PLS'); 

- and Plarium can get a profit, as everyone would do their best to earn as many fragments as possible, even fragments for subpar champions, even after one achieved the 100 fragments needed for them and even after it becomes certain that one cannot complete the fusion.

Plarium could even set it so one champ can only be fused for twice if they don't want ppl to (over)abuse it... And even if it was for an outrageous exchange rate it would be welcomed... 

Sorry if it was already suggested or if it should have gone elsewhere (just recently joined community). 

Views
Comments
Comments
Jan 17, 2022, 19:0401/17/22
06/25/20

This wouldn't really ever be implemented - it would make it far too easy for people to just never spend any money at all trying to complete the events. You would essentially just set up a rotation - alternate every other event for example, collecting only the ones you can, and then exchanging them the next time to get the champ.

But - you're in luck. They have, twice now, run special events where you can get fragments for champs you missed completing last time. I wouldn't at all be surprised if they make this a regular, annual thing.

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 17, 2022, 22:0001/17/22
02/24/19

The Fragment Top-Up events look to be a regular thing moving forward, at least to my assessment. It is nice to be able to get the ones you ALMOST finished, even if it is a bit later. :)

Jan 17, 2022, 22:2301/17/22
06/20/19

As krama pointed out it woud demotivate players from putting any hard effort (or money) into winning the necessary fragments.  And they have run special events for those close to getting a champ.

But they also have offered spare frags for sale at a rediculous price.  This would kill that source of income as well.

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 17, 2022, 22:4601/17/22
02/24/19

I mean, for those folks that could have pushed for Demytha to 90 and 95 frags without the Summon Rush points, that $10 bucks to finish her for the last 10 frags seems a great deal cheaper than buying several shard packs to complete the Summon Rush/Champ Chase. Many quit in the middle when they realized they were only going to get to 90 or 95 though.

Too bad you never know if you're going to get any offers to finish up a champ. Seems best to push as many events as you can, especially if you can do so without spending, to at least give yourself the opportunity to see what is available later. Always better to leave as many options open as you can, when trying to play a resource management game like this. Better to have 90 frags and the option to buy 10 more for 10 dollars, than to have 55 frags and no options at all.

That's one girl's opinion though. Everyone should play the game how they like.

Jan 17, 2022, 22:5501/17/22
06/20/19

I think it was the drunkered they offered me 10 frags for $40 w/the option to buy up to 3 packs (30 frags), which was exactly what I needed.  $120 for 30 frags.  I spit my milk out of my mouth when I saw that.

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 17, 2022, 23:0801/17/22
02/24/19
Angwil

I think it was the drunkered they offered me 10 frags for $40 w/the option to buy up to 3 packs (30 frags), which was exactly what I needed.  $120 for 30 frags.  I spit my milk out of my mouth when I saw that.

Yeah. I have never bought any of those myself. But it is nice to have the option.