All Categories

First month perspective and thoughts.

Search
Jan 13, 2022, 13:5101/13/22
12/20/21

Tldr: having fun, but better tavern ui and improvements for people who don't use auto clicker needed.

Coming up on my first month in the game and would like to share my experience.  Gave the game a try a while back but soon quit.  So technically a second try.

I play on mobile 100% for convenience and because I'm frequently away from the desk.  Split screen has been essential, but using a stylus seems like the best way to avoid frustration with all the buttons being at the bottom of the screen.  Fat fingering easily causes screen resize on Android.  No auto clicker feels bad, but not terrible.

Haven't spent anything yet but my habit is being a low semi frequent spender on good mobile games.  Will probably just get the raid pass since the other frequently annoying pop-up ads don't seem too useful in small numbers.  Less ads please.

Hooked up with the discord community early on so never lacked direction or interaction.  Somewhat odd considering how dead in-game chat is.  Or am I just in the wrong channels?

As for game progress things are moving along smoothly but slowly due to all the guides and advice.  Nearly have my second 6*.  Really wish the game told you to focus on 60 first, rather than leaving it up to the community.  Feels too important.

Dungeon stuff is moving along but haven't cleared mino yet.  Bought masteries with gems so it should fall easily enough when I focus on it.

1v1 has been fun.  I hang out in bronze 4 and occasionally visit silver 1 when enough people give me pity wins.  Feels a bit odd to fight so many legendary/epic teams this early.

3v3 SHOULD have been more fun than it currently is.  Haven't moved from the rank I got put in, and don't see that changing for at least another month.  Or two.  Probably more.  Big thanks to the level 1 teams who let me scrape a few gold bars.  Otherwise it would be my poor team watching the other side get caked in buffs and one tapping me for daily credit.  Had a certain woah factor the first few times, but 5~20x.. every day.. for a month?  Bit excessive.

Saw some ui improvements to tavern and gear selection and they can't come soon enough.  My most frequent and annoying action is ranking up fodder.  Less clicks please.  How you have managed to not drive year+ vets bonkers with this is a mystery.

Love the idea of faction wars but bummed out about the trash xp.  So many fights with no progress ... or auto battle.  Only managed to kill the first boss on dark elf and high elf.  Could do more but the 60 push is sapping my energy (and will).

For clan boss I'm transitioning to hard, but low levels are holding me back.  Should be good by the next cvc or sooner.

Haven't done any fusion yet but prepared for them all for cvc.  Minus rhazin.  No shard champions as well, but only because I'm clinging to my 3v3 currency.  That stuff is too hard to make.

Views
Comments
Comments
Jan 13, 2022, 13:5601/13/22
06/25/20

All good feedback. I highly recommend you post rosters and start asking for team advice. You're far enough now that you can easily be making terrible mistakes without realising it, though you seem to have dodged most of them.

Have you consulted sites like Hellhades or Ayumilove for common beginner mistakes?