All Categories

noob here, couple questions

Search
Jan 11, 2022, 00:5901/11/22
12/14/21

Im level 46 noob and have some questions.

1. I bought this cool daily gem pack. U get gems every day and i have few days left anymore.

Will this pack be available to buy again???? or was it one time offer for new players???

2. Im packing 24 ancients and i was thinking to wait 2x event, but i have only 2 weeks and 5 days left for double xp. (last 2x chance event for ancients was during xmas)

Am i able to save these shards for next event??? or should i open them now while i still have double xp days???

(obviously im gona buy more xp days if i can get this daily gem pack again)

3. I have also 4 void shards and im gona couple more soon.

What i do with them??? Should i open these??? or wait for 2x event for void shards???

(i only have 1 void champion)

Views
Comments
Comments
harleQuinnModerator
Jan 11, 2022, 01:0201/11/22
02/24/19

1) Yes you can get this again, when the current one runs out.

2) SAVE. Save those ancients for the 2x.

3) SAVE. Save those voids for the 2x.

Only open shards to finish fusions, or during 2x events. :)

Jan 11, 2022, 01:0701/11/22
02/14/21

The gem pack is always avaiable so once the one you bought is doen you can buy is again, BTW is it the best vaule for the $

Always, Always show restaint and only open on 2X event as a newer player, you can alway buy more xps banners in the gem shop.

There is a 2X void event coming soon not this weekend but the following weekend and once again as a newer player hold off opening shards til 2X events

You main goal should be leveling your starter champ to 60.

Jan 11, 2022, 01:0901/11/22
Jan 11, 2022, 01:11(edited)
06/30/21

What HarleQuinn said ^.

BUT

Im going to let you in on a trade secret, if better champions (legendaries) are indeed, what you're after.

Keep getting the daily gem pack everytime it runs out, and use your gems in the gem shop and get the Small Shard pack that costs 270 Gems as often as possible. 

Thats three ancients every 5 daysish, plus the 200 gems you get twice, for 30 days.

You will trigger mercy system before you know it, if you're unlucky enough to make it that far without seeing that gold  

you will be pulling much better champs in no time.

Jan 11, 2022, 01:1001/11/22
02/13/21

Don't worry too much about having double XP when you do any shard openings, as the double XP bonus has no impact.  The key is looking for the 2x summon chances with the portal lit up, and these happen every 2 weeks, cycling between ancient, void and sacred.  In other words, 2x Ancient comes around every 6 weeks, so if you miss one then just save your shards for the next.

Jan 11, 2022, 01:3701/11/22
06/25/20
Spangmastaflex

What HarleQuinn said ^.

BUT

Im going to let you in on a trade secret, if better champions (legendaries) are indeed, what you're after.

Keep getting the daily gem pack everytime it runs out, and use your gems in the gem shop and get the Small Shard pack that costs 270 Gems as often as possible. 

Thats three ancients every 5 daysish, plus the 200 gems you get twice, for 30 days.

You will trigger mercy system before you know it, if you're unlucky enough to make it that far without seeing that gold  

Disagreed completely. On two main counts.

First - just because you're new, shouldn't give you any more incentive to pull on non-2x. Doesn't matter if the shards are coming in every day because of a pack. Save them.

Second - don't buy the small shard pack. If you're going to spend gems on shards, buy the large one. You get more bang for your buck.

I've said this a few times, and I'll say this again. This game rewards patience. If you're not patient, you have two choices. Either accept that you'll be advancing far slower than you should be, or spend a pile of money.

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 11, 2022, 01:4901/11/22
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

Disagreed completely. On two main counts.

First - just because you're new, shouldn't give you any more incentive to pull on non-2x. Doesn't matter if the shards are coming in every day because of a pack. Save them.

Second - don't buy the small shard pack. If you're going to spend gems on shards, buy the large one. You get more bang for your buck.

I've said this a few times, and I'll say this again. This game rewards patience. If you're not patient, you have two choices. Either accept that you'll be advancing far slower than you should be, or spend a pile of money.

Precisely this.

dthorne04Moderator
Jan 11, 2022, 03:0601/11/22
12/30/20
Spangmastaflex

What HarleQuinn said ^.

BUT

I don't want to pile on but this really is not good advice.

I'm a pretty firm believer that the best way to get use out of your gem pack is buying energy refills (and that's after you've opened up the gem mine, full market slots and have masteries on your first champ, usually starter). 

There are times you may HAVE to buy ancient shards for say, a fusion. But if you end up going the shard route, definitely listen to kramas and Quinn on the big ancient pack. 

Overall I do love the gem pack though and if you're going to spend in the game, it's the best thing to get, save for a few other packs.

Jan 11, 2022, 03:0901/11/22
06/25/20

One thing I will add here, as a small differing point from dthorne - personally, I pretty much only use my gems for three things:

1) unlocking more vault slots (-_-)

2) the *very* occasional mastery because I have a new champ I really want to use ASAP (hello Lydia!)

3) big packs of ancient shards

The *vast* majority of my gems go into #3. On 2x ancient weekends I often spend 4-5k gems just buying more shards.

Jan 11, 2022, 03:5601/11/22
12/14/21

BTW, what ppl do with mystery shards??? (have 1600 atm)

I see all kind of tournaments and events going and i was thinking to save and get all rewards from one of those, but then i figured out that u cant open thousand of shards at once.

U dont have space for so many champions.

So what ppl do?? Do they open mystery shards for these events and then feed those common champions for other champions so they get more space so they can open more???

All tips regarding mystery shards are welcome.

dthorne04Moderator
Jan 11, 2022, 04:0201/11/22
12/30/20
kramaswamy.kr

One thing I will add here, as a small differing point from dthorne - personally, I pretty much only use my gems for three things:

1) unlocking more vault slots (-_-)

2) the *very* occasional mastery because I have a new champ I really want to use ASAP (hello Lydia!)

3) big packs of ancient shards

The *vast* majority of my gems go into #3. On 2x ancient weekends I often spend 4-5k gems just buying more shards.

I actually have finally had to start doing that recently, 160 space and 160 vault was getting a bit hectic during training tourneys and events. :) 

I have done masteries a few times recently, but haven't bought ancients for months. I'm later in the game so I'm able to generate quite a few extra gems on top of the monthly pack from both doom towers. Earlier on I think I think being a little more frugal is better, but everyone plays differently. :)

dthorne04Moderator
Jan 11, 2022, 04:0501/11/22
12/30/20
LeoFINuTube

I see all kind of tournaments and events going and i was thinking to save and get all rewards from one of those, but then i figured out that u cant open thousand of shards at once.

So what ppl do?? Do they open mystery shards for these events and then feed those common champions for other champions so they get more space so they can open more???

I use mysteries during training tourneys/events, mostly. Sometimes you have to use them to finish off the summon rush event/champ chase tournament during fusions, but that can be...not fun.

Usually with level 1s I feel three level 1s and a brew, which takes them up enough to upgrade.

I mostly get anything higher than that leveled up via grinding 12-3 brutal campaign, like a lot of players. 

That said, if you do end up doing one of those summon rush events or champ chase tournaments I mentioned by opening a lot of mysteries, you are very likely just gonna have to feed a majority of those 1s and eventually the 2s because you're going to run out of space.

Jan 11, 2022, 05:3501/11/22
Jan 11, 2022, 05:38(edited)
06/30/21

Ultimately there is no right or wrong choice spending gems; if you want champs, buy shard packs, if you're content, masteries. 

And I just have to say since my post was just completely torn apart and thrashed on by all of you 🤣 that I think using gems to buy energy refills is by far the biggest waste of resources I have probably ever heard. 

Just my opinion. I waste resources everyday though so I probably dont have room to talk here lol.

dthorne04Moderator
Jan 11, 2022, 06:2701/11/22
12/30/20
Spangmastaflex

Ultimately there is no right or wrong choice spending gems; if you want champs, buy shard packs, if you're content, masteries. 

And I just have to say since my post was just completely torn apart and thrashed on by all of you 🤣 that I think using gems to buy energy refills is by far the biggest waste of resources I have probably ever heard. 

Just my opinion. I waste resources everyday though so I probably dont have room to talk here lol.

I think with purchasing shards with gems, the point that was trying to be made is that the big pack is just better than the smaller one. No thrashing here. :)

Jan 11, 2022, 09:2101/11/22
Jan 11, 2022, 09:50(edited)
02/14/21
Spangmastaflex

Sorry you felt people were ripping you, I am not sure that was their goal.

The big shard pack is a better deal you get more shards for less gems and you telling them to buy the small one every couple days was not good advice, also unless they are a whale opening shards outside 2X events is reallly really bad advice.

Best advice i can give.

1. do not have high  expectations when opening shards, I see so many rant posts about not getting this champ or that champ.

2. understand that getting Legos while nice is not needed, there are a ton of Epics that are better than alot of Lego champs.

3. get you campain farmer champ to 60 ASAP, then work on getting them gear to be able to farm campain 12-3 to make more food.

4. Now this I wish i had listened to people, Get a team together to be able to farm Dragon 20 ASAP

5. understand while you are new you will have a ton of resources, this will change quickly, this game is alot to do with resource managment about 70% of the time.

6. this maybe should have been #1 IGNORE the missions and challenges, till much later in the game when they will be easier to do and you will save on resources.

I am sure I am missing some but that is what i can think of ATM.

BTW why do you think buying energy is a waste?

Jan 11, 2022, 10:1001/11/22
10/15/20
LeoFINuTube

Wait until you have champion chase and champion training at the same time. Open shards until your roster is full. Feed the commen champs into uncommens to rank the latter up to 3*.

Repeat.