All Categories

Allow skills to use longer cooldowns even when booked

Search
Jan 10, 2022, 13:4901/10/22
06/25/20

Martyr, OOTB, has a 6 turn CD on her A3. That works perfectly in a 2:1 rotation to keep ATK down active:

i

When booked, the rotation no longer works perfectly: Because it is on a 4-turn CD, the rotations end up being in cycles:

i

I don't see any way to fix this, other than to shift to manual, which is not an option. At this point my best choice is to shift priority to A3, but that means the CA rotation goes into the cycle instead, which isn't optimal.

Simple solution - just let me use any cooldown I have access to.

Views
Comments
Comments
Jan 10, 2022, 14:0001/10/22
06/25/20

Actually I guess I spoke too soon. The above rotation still works, since the turn 3 ATK down + turn 2 ATK down is functionally the same as the turn 1 alone. However, if I had only one book on the cooldown, then it would mess up, and it would be better to be able to use the 6 turn cd instead of 5. So my suggestion still stands :)

Jan 10, 2022, 14:5001/10/22
06/20/19

Well, just to exend the OP argument, why can't I just have a champ skip a turn, or delay a turn?  If my Sinesha is faster than my Skullcrown, why can't I have Sinesha delay until after Skullcrown?

Asking for a friend.

Jan 10, 2022, 17:2101/10/22
10/15/20
Angwil

Well, just to exend the OP argument, why can't I just have a champ skip a turn, or delay a turn?  If my Sinesha is faster than my Skullcrown, why can't I have Sinesha delay until after Skullcrown?

Asking for a friend.

Skipping would counter counterattack. No need for that. And it has really nothing to do with the very good suggestion kramaswamy made in his post. He wants a more intelligent or better controllable AI, you want to change the game mechanics about turnorder.

Jan 10, 2022, 17:5301/10/22
06/20/19
Skadi

Skipping would counter counterattack. No need for that. And it has really nothing to do with the very good suggestion kramaswamy made in his post. He wants a more intelligent or better controllable AI, you want to change the game mechanics about turnorder.

No, tbh I should have put up /s.  I'm not advocating for the change I sugguested, or knocking the usefulness of krama's suggestion. I'm questioning how such a change, not with any of these specific champs, would/could be implemented.  If i'm going to be allowed to set my level of skill updrade on the fly, why not change any other aspect about my champ (so long as it's a reduction)?

If my ig team hits too hard and allows golum passive to hit me while minions are alive, why not reduce my damage?  just for example.  Better than building a whole new team?

Jan 10, 2022, 17:5701/10/22
06/25/20

I don't think those two are analagous. This is just exposing a flaw in their system. There shouldn't ever be a scenario where upgrading something makes things worse - but that's exactly the problem. At 5 turns the rotations fail. At 6 they work.

I guess you could make the argument that upgrading your damage of your skills would cause your IG team to fail, but that's something which can be controlled relatively easily by just downgrading their gear. You can't fix the problem of the cooldowns through gear.

Jan 10, 2022, 18:1501/10/22
06/20/19
kramaswamy.kr

I don't think those two are analagous. This is just exposing a flaw in their system. There shouldn't ever be a scenario where upgrading something makes things worse - but that's exactly the problem. At 5 turns the rotations fail. At 6 they work.

I guess you could make the argument that upgrading your damage of your skills would cause your IG team to fail, but that's something which can be controlled relatively easily by just downgrading their gear. You can't fix the problem of the cooldowns through gear.

On the one hand, I'm convinced.  Now how do you implement that?  Maybe in team setup?

But then again (I love to argue) if I have to downgrade gear every time I go to IG then I have to put back on the gear everytime I take those champs elsewhere.  Another problem players complain about.  Downgrading skill may or may not help here.  My champs may hit to hard without any skill damage upgrades.

Jan 10, 2022, 18:2201/10/22
10/15/20
Angwil

No, tbh I should have put up /s.  I'm not advocating for the change I sugguested, or knocking the usefulness of krama's suggestion. I'm questioning how such a change, not with any of these specific champs, would/could be implemented.  If i'm going to be allowed to set my level of skill updrade on the fly, why not change any other aspect about my champ (so long as it's a reduction)?

If my ig team hits too hard and allows golum passive to hit me while minions are alive, why not reduce my damage?  just for example.  Better than building a whole new team?

You example with IG doesn't fit. What kramaswamy asks for is something, you allready could do if you play the battle manual. That it doesn't work like he wants right now is the fault of the stupid AI, making Martyr use her A3 skill when a human player would not do so.

The AI should not mess up battles! I don't care how they implement that.

Jan 10, 2022, 18:2301/10/22
06/20/19
Skadi

You example with IG doesn't fit. What kramaswamy asks for is something, you allready could do if you play the battle manual. That it doesn't work like he wants right now is the fault of the stupid AI, making Martyr use her A3 skill when a human player would not do so.

The AI should not mess up battles! I don't care how they implement that.

Ok, obvously I need to find another argument to amuse myself. lol  Your logic is undeniable.

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 10, 2022, 18:2801/10/22
02/24/19

Krama, I'm onboard. I would LOVE to be able to set a skill use by turn or different delay on skills.

I know they are changing the team setup to allow us to use a different AI on every wave and vs bosses. But I don't know of an improvement yet that would allow us to change the effective CD of a skill yet. I will suggest it though. :)