All Categories

Are previous Timed Fusion Events ever returning?

Search
Jan 8, 2022, 05:4501/08/22
09/21/19

So I've asked this on the Reddit but I want hopefully the opinion of someone who knows a little more. I've got 60+ rare fusion material champions in my vault taking up space, and from what I've heard, we've never had a repeat fusion event occur (even for a 1 off). I suspect its because...

1. Plarium wants to ensure buyers spend money in the shop for the newest character or feel missed out.

2.  Plarium wants to avoid situations where a large amount of legendaries people have been prepping for suddenly enter the market (arena, etc.)

So...whats up Plarium...is there a point to keeping all the non-meta champions at this point? 

Views
Comments
Comments
Jan 8, 2022, 06:1101/08/22
06/25/20

Honestly - I think in this case it's more option 3:

Plarium doesn't want to do a repeat fusion event because for people who already have the champ, it's ... kinda boring. I mean sure, there are a handful of fusion events that I wouldn't mind repeating because I missed them, and there are a handful that I completed which I wouldn't mind doing again, either because the champ in question is one I would enjoy having a dupe of (I'm looking at you, Brogni) or because one of the pieces would be useful to keep (hello Demytha).

But the vast majority of them? They'd just be a dead month, and I'd be waiting an extra month to get a potentially useful champ.

And looking at it from a business perspective, it represents considerable lost revenue for Plarium - a full month where people aren't spending money to get a fusion champ.

I could see them maybe running two events at the same time, one for a new and one for old, possibly with some overlap between the required champs, but at the end of the day, I doubt it'll happen.

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 8, 2022, 08:0101/08/22
02/24/19

I'm hoping to see more of those supplemental frag events that we got around Halloween this past year and the year before. See if theres one or two more I can cash out that I wasn't able to get done way back when, when my account was in a much rougher state.