All Categories

No good shards again

No good shards again

Search
Jan 8, 2022, 03:1001/08/22
04/12/21

No good shards again

so I finished my month of dailies, where I get an ancient, void, and sacred shard all at once for finishing a month's worth of this game

ancient (rare, epic, legendary) got me not only a rare but F class which I guess stands for Food which is where it went immediately-- Renouncer

Void (rare, epic, legendary) got me Skimfos the Consumed, who is short one wing but my first winged champ. Rated A Epic, I giuess it could be worse.

Sacred Shard (Epic, Legendary) , the name implies I am guaranteed not to get a rare but wasn't much better --- B Epic Kallia

My bad to so-so luck with shards continues.

On top of that, it might be that Plarium is resorting to only putting very high priced items to buy in the market.  Not very good offerings this time around.

Got another blue ancient shard that tossed out junk (fast food), now it is C Class Rare Arcanist.

Views
Comments
Comments
Jan 8, 2022, 03:2001/08/22
06/25/20

I hate to keep saying this but - why would you use your ancient and void shard today? The event is 2x sacred, not ancient or void. You're seriously setting yourself back.

As for the specific champs you got - sadly all three are trash. Skimfos has an incredibly niche use in the whole "take all debuffs then transfer them" - comboed with Gurptuk, he can instantly put 10 poison debuffs on the enemy. Aside from that, in a pinch, he is a decent TM control champ for Scarab and other places where TM control is important.

Kallia on the other hand is just total trash. Weak multipliers, random target abilities, and no guaranteed procs. Don't waste your time with her.

Jan 8, 2022, 03:2601/08/22
Jan 8, 2022, 03:27(edited)
01/04/20

I second with Krama's question. You keep throwing your ancients and voids away when you have the lowest chance to pull an epic or legendary. 

Jan 8, 2022, 04:4001/08/22
06/20/19

Sorry to hear about your bad luck, but I echo what krama and harbby say.  Choose your time to open shards when there is a better reason to pull than just that you have them.  Also let me point out that opening shards is a numbers game.  You have to open tons of them before you get a decent collection of champs.  This not only goes back to the point about picking your time to open, but patience is key.  If you keep playing you will eventually get good champs.

Regarding the market, I never buy anything there except shards.

Jan 8, 2022, 10:3001/08/22
10/01/21
kramaswamy.kr

I hate to keep saying this but - why would you use your ancient and void shard today? The event is 2x sacred, not ancient or void. You're seriously setting yourself back.

As for the specific champs you got - sadly all three are trash. Skimfos has an incredibly niche use in the whole "take all debuffs then transfer them" - comboed with Gurptuk, he can instantly put 10 poison debuffs on the enemy. Aside from that, in a pinch, he is a decent TM control champ for Scarab and other places where TM control is important.

Kallia on the other hand is just total trash. Weak multipliers, random target abilities, and no guaranteed procs. Don't waste your time with her.

+1

I will admit to opening 3 voids today myself, got veteran, 4th reliquary tender and luckily enough ishmeal 

Jan 8, 2022, 10:3701/08/22
02/14/21

have to agree the only thing you should be opening today is sacreds and then you complain you didnt get anything good? 😭

Jan 8, 2022, 10:5501/08/22
04/12/21
Angwil

Sorry to hear about your bad luck, but I echo what krama and harbby say.  Choose your time to open shards when there is a better reason to pull than just that you have them.  Also let me point out that opening shards is a numbers game.  You have to open tons of them before you get a decent collection of champs.  This not only goes back to the point about picking your time to open, but patience is key.  If you keep playing you will eventually get good champs.

Regarding the market, I never buy anything there except shards.

I have no faith, as well as no good experience whether it is 2x or 10x or whatever. It is just a way to suck more silver out of me, and "tons" of shards is not my game, except for some green ones. I only get a few colors per month and just letting them sit there with no history of reward for waiting is just beyond me.  I am afraid there is no "eventually" for me.

When you do dailies they ask for a market purchase.  Usually I can get the green shard for 5k silver or a cheap champ for 6k, but last few days I have only seen stuff going for 50k or more. I would not put it past them to plug the market up like that.

What bothers me is that their trash can for champs is very deep, no matter rare or epic, and why they continue to slap players (me) in the face with that treatment is just nasty, in simple terms.  I play lots of arena, surrounded by awesome and amazing champs that I can never have a part of. JMHO

My one bright spot is to finish my 100 days of fragments for Drexthar in about a week.  Other than that I have a huge undeletable useless pile of fragments from other champs.

Jan 8, 2022, 11:0001/08/22
04/12/21
kramaswamy.kr

Thanks, I try a few rounds of leveling to see what they do but my impressions from reviews are that they are not worth much.

2x or 10x never made a difference for me.  I am not in the realm of 1% or 2% of getting, but the 90+ % chance of NOT getting.

Jan 8, 2022, 11:0201/08/22
Jan 8, 2022, 11:07(edited)
02/14/21
End Is Near

I have no faith, as well as no good experience whether it is 2x or 10x or whatever. It is just a way to suck more silver out of me, and "tons" of shards is not my game, except for some green ones. I only get a few colors per month and just letting them sit there with no history of reward for waiting is just beyond me.  I am afraid there is no "eventually" for me.

When you do dailies they ask for a market purchase.  Usually I can get the green shard for 5k silver or a cheap champ for 6k, but last few days I have only seen stuff going for 50k or more. I would not put it past them to plug the market up like that.

What bothers me is that their trash can for champs is very deep, no matter rare or epic, and why they continue to slap players (me) in the face with that treatment is just nasty, in simple terms.  I play lots of arena, surrounded by awesome and amazing champs that I can never have a part of. JMHO

My one bright spot is to finish my 100 days of fragments for Drexthar in about a week.  Other than that I have a huge undeletable useless pile of fragments from other champs.

Ok sorry but this is a resource managment game and if you refuse to manage your resource, like not opening shards outside of the 2X events, sorry you are to new to be trying the 10X events, your account will never progress. Heck I am a newer player and learned this the hard way like you but i learned it.

Hoard shards  and only open on 2X events this is the best advice anyone can give you and you really should listen to it.

PS on the quest, you do know that the market refreshes every hour and that you have 23 hours 59minutes to complete that quest? 😋

Jan 8, 2022, 13:1901/08/22
06/20/19

I was about to repeat pretty much what Minin said.  As far as the daily market quest, if I don't get a shard the first time after reset I just open it again later.  I usually check market at least 6 times if not more in a 24 hour period so it's fairly automatic that I'll have the opportunity to buy the shard every day.  Congratz on Drex. I've had the fragmenst for a few months but waiting till I need the points, either for CvC or a fusion summoning event probably.

Jan 8, 2022, 15:5801/08/22
11/09/20

I buy Shards from market , seems Im always short of them ,,,

Will also But 5 Star EPIC depending on what the stats are

and the ODD 5 star BLUE IF it is Speed boots , seems i am always short on them too

Jan 8, 2022, 16:0601/08/22
10/15/20

I actually think it is better to save shards for fusions than open on an x2, with a fusion you are guaranteed a lego and some are decent.

More important than that is clan boss, cannot emphasise enough how important an UNM clearing team is. Getting x2 unm and x2 nm top chests a day makes a huge difference to your shard numbers.

Jan 8, 2022, 16:1701/08/22
06/20/19
trevor.wilson

I actually think it is better to save shards for fusions than open on an x2, with a fusion you are guaranteed a lego and some are decent.

More important than that is clan boss, cannot emphasise enough how important an UNM clearing team is. Getting x2 unm and x2 nm top chests a day makes a huge difference to your shard numbers.

I have to agree with this. I do think it depends on where you are in the game.  For quite a while I only opened during 2x, but then I figured 10x were worth it depending on the champ available.  Then I began waiting for garanteed champ or pull one get one free events depending on how many shards I have and how far along I'm at in pity.  Now I tend to hold them for summoning or chase during fusions unless there seems to be a strong reason to use them.  Just a few days ago I opened a sacred and got the champ on the first one.  My reasoning was that it was both 2x and 10x, I had just completed a fusion so should have plenty of time to get more before the next (in CB of course), and I'm ligt on Sacred Order so I deemed it worth the chance.

Lesson is it really depends on your needs, which depends on your account.  But it's never a good idea to open shards just b/c you have them.  Think it through, and realize disappointment is always the norm lol.

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 8, 2022, 17:1501/08/22
02/24/19
Angwil

I have to agree with this. I do think it depends on where you are in the game.  For quite a while I only opened during 2x, but then I figured 10x were worth it depending on the champ available.  Then I began waiting for garanteed champ or pull one get one free events depending on how many shards I have and how far along I'm at in pity.  Now I tend to hold them for summoning or chase during fusions unless there seems to be a strong reason to use them.  Just a few days ago I opened a sacred and got the champ on the first one.  My reasoning was that it was both 2x and 10x, I had just completed a fusion so should have plenty of time to get more before the next (in CB of course), and I'm ligt on Sacred Order so I deemed it worth the chance.

Lesson is it really depends on your needs, which depends on your account.  But it's never a good idea to open shards just b/c you have them.  Think it through, and realize disappointment is always the norm lol.

This is all really good advice. And OP, I am sorry you didn't get the champs you were hoping for. I pulled for Glisea on the 2x/10x, and even in Mercy, didn't get anything but dupe epics.

I try to readjust my goals from "Will RNG treat me well today, when the published percentages are so low?" Instead, I work towards every fusion. Several times this year I have kept the epics instead of the legendary, since they were so good, but my shards are basically a tool to get me pretty darn good champs,
such as:

• Kreela Witch-Arm
  • Vergumkaar
  • Bergoth the Malformed
  • Iron Brago
  • Yoshi
  • Underpriest Brogni
  • Roric
  • Tatura Rimehide

Other good to standout epics from the fusions I have kept are Hoforees, Conellia, Demytha, Duhr, Scabrius, Visionary. 

I treat my shards as fuel to complete these fusion events, but it took me a while to get to this realization. And then, after it, it took me a while to properly prep for doing them. Like, my account has been around since 2019, and Kreela is the first full on fusion completed, in July of 2020. It takes time, but all of us will get there eventually, just from playing the game. :)

Sometimes, like on this 2x/10x for a champ that would REALLY help my account and when in mercy, I pull some shards, but it doesn't always work out (like now).

Jan 8, 2022, 17:5201/08/22
06/20/19

As far as keeping epics instead of fusing a leggo, I have abandoned that.  I did it once, forget which leggo, but withing 2 weeks had dups of all 4 epics.  One I do remember is Cybele.  Everyone was saying keep the epics, Cybele is not worth it.  I had all the champs ready to fuse and fully intended to.  All I had to do was hit the button.  I fell asleep about 3 hours before the event ended lol.  I have dups of at least 3 of the epics now and no Cybele.  She wouldn't be a game changer for me for sure, but for me it's almost more of a collecting game than anything else.  I'll always go for the leggo just b/c I can expect to get the epics from shards much sooner than I'll ever see that leggo again.

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 8, 2022, 17:5701/08/22
02/24/19
Angwil

As far as keeping epics instead of fusing a leggo, I have abandoned that.  I did it once, forget which leggo, but withing 2 weeks had dups of all 4 epics.  One I do remember is Cybele.  Everyone was saying keep the epics, Cybele is not worth it.  I had all the champs ready to fuse and fully intended to.  All I had to do was hit the button.  I fell asleep about 3 hours before the event ended lol.  I have dups of at least 3 of the epics now and no Cybele.  She wouldn't be a game changer for me for sure, but for me it's almost more of a collecting game than anything else.  I'll always go for the leggo just b/c I can expect to get the epics from shards much sooner than I'll ever see that leggo again.

It's a good point.

But I don't regret keeping the epics I kept, and then used to finish Faction Wars and get Lydia. Perhaps I just pull less shards, IDK, but I haven't gotten a dupe yet of any of those epics I mentioned above outside of Bergoth from way back when, and he WAS the fusion.

Demytha, Conellia were good. Hoforees was absolutely required. I would have fused Hurndig, but I went on my week long kayaking trek right in the first couple days of that event, so one epic and done for me. :) 

Jan 8, 2022, 18:0001/08/22
06/20/19

Well, I posted on here a week or so ago how many shards I opened all fo 2021, so you can compare to that.  But you are right, if you see an epic that might be a game changer or would get you past a hurdle, I'd keep it to. 

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 8, 2022, 18:0401/08/22
02/24/19
Angwil

Well, I posted on here a week or so ago how many shards I opened all fo 2021, so you can compare to that.  But you are right, if you see an epic that might be a game changer or would get you past a hurdle, I'd keep it to. 

Haha! This presupposes I track ANY of that. I am not as dedicated as people believe, perhaps. I would even venture to say that I just set Bluestacks and let it do it's thing. Auto DoomTower or NO DoomTower kind of gameplay. :D :D :D

Jan 8, 2022, 18:5701/08/22
06/25/20

The only champ I somewhat regret not keeping is Demytha - but only somewhat, because Sigmund absolutely carried me through BL21.

Jan 8, 2022, 22:5101/08/22
10/15/20
Angwil

The only time i did not fuse when i could have fused was when i kept demytha

I do not regret it, she is great.

Jan 8, 2022, 23:0201/08/22
06/20/19
trevor.wilson

The only time i did not fuse when i could have fused was when i kept demytha

I do not regret it, she is great.

I fused Sigmund and then drew Demytha a week or so later, just to prove my point.  Of course that's good luck and can't be expected.