All Categories

Some general analysis on product direction

Search
Jan 2, 2022, 20:4001/02/22
09/12/20

I believe the last 2 updates  set the ceiling too high for the majority of players.

The faction guardian system didn't address the player issue of getting repeated unwanted duplicates from the jackpot system in shard summons.

In a game that pitches about being able to collect over 400 heroes, there aren't many mechanisms in place to help you get there and it quickly becomes a trap which each legendary hero costing around $200 to get, with duplicates a constant reality. I think the sacrifice system is a slap in the face and a total disrespect towards customers and their money.

Faction guardians is just another mechanism used to justify being able to get multiple copies of the same hero.

The next issue is the hydra clan boss. It's obvious which heroes are powerful for these bosses and it's very different to the rest of the game, with the emphasis being placed on block buff debuffs and heroes that activate special abilities on certain debuffs, eg inquisitor. This in itself isn't bad but the game is catered to players who can afford and build multiple copies of these specific heroes since it locks out the heroes used in each attempt.

Most clans can't get past the first boss, so im not too sure if this content will see the financial return.

This comes to my closing statement. No one asked for empowerment, faction guardians, the 8-1 legendary trade system and hydra.

People wanted a way to stop getting duplicate legendaries.

Doom Tower was a great addition as it allowed players to get resources, even ftp players could do some of the content.

Hydra on the other hand seems to frustrate players. I've only got 1/3rd of my clan bothering with it now.

Views
Comments
Comments
Jan 2, 2022, 22:0201/02/22
06/20/19

Downvote.

Jan 3, 2022, 02:3601/03/22
03/28/21

I don't think they're trying to get all players to spend, they're trying to get the whales to spend more, which is exactly what this system does. By allowing duplicates to serve a purpose this gives incentive for players that have all or nearly all of the champions to buy shards still, to either put in faction guardians or empower. Is this the ideal solution for the rest of us? No. We of course would be much better off not getting duplicates to begin with, at least until we had every champ. But it's not a completely useless system, as the faction guardians will help all champs of those factions, though I think the real potential is in the life token system. If done more affordably and with a bigger champ pool, this would be the ideal solution in my opinion. As for the Hydra, the same sort of thing comes into play where you need really end-game champs, and arguably very specific champs, like shamael or dutchess. And with the champ lockout system in place especially, this incentivises whales to seek multiple of these champs. I could also see it turn somebody from a low or average spender into a bigger spender, if they really want to beat hydra, because of this. This game has always been pay to win, and we must accept that and the fact that Plarium's interest will always be in what will return the greatest profit, not what will help the average player.