All Categories

Bots gone?

Bots gone?

Search
Dec 30, 2021, 21:4712/30/21
06/25/20

Bots gone?

I hate that I'm creating this thread, because I know how many similar ones have been created in the past, and how nonsensical they were. But, previously, I'd get a bot page about once every 5-6 refreshes on average; in the past week or so, I don't think I've seen a single one. This is in G4 for context.

I don't really mind this per-se, except that it does take a bit longer now to burn through all my tokens. Still - curious if others in G4 have noticed this.

Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 30, 2021, 21:5412/30/21
10/15/20

I think its gotten tougher in g4, i still see the odd team with gorgorab leads ..but no obvious free kills.

No doubt the moderators will jump in to say they are not bots, but - i dont see them anymore either.

Dec 30, 2021, 21:5712/30/21
01/04/20

Gonna insert my usual "not bots, low level accounts. I got my own weak account to g4" yada yada. Now that that's out of the way.

The Community Managers stated that the weak teams would begin filtering back down to where they belong. So you can still find one or two every now and then but for the most part they aren't up here anymore.

Dec 30, 2021, 21:5912/30/21
06/25/20

I do see teams that are "easy" to beat periodically, but what I more meant was - in the past, as recently as a week ago, it used to be that every 5-6 refreshes, I'd get an entire page of very obviously out of place teams. Ones where I'd just hit auto and clear the entire page in a minute.

Now, I get teams I can beat easily, yes, but they are also obviously real teams that just don't work well against mine.

On the plus side - now that I have Lydia, I can actually win against teams like these:

i

i

Dec 31, 2021, 01:2112/31/21
06/20/19
Harbby

Gonna insert my usual "not bots, low level accounts. I got my own weak account to g4" yada yada. Now that that's out of the way.

The Community Managers stated that the weak teams would begin filtering back down to where they belong. So you can still find one or two every now and then but for the most part they aren't up here anymore.

The change I've noted has been rather abrupt (G4).  Prior to Monday everything was coasting along with 'easy' pages fairly regularly during the day.  On Monday it was insanly easy, like the bottom dropped out, and I even used several refills I had lanquishing in the inbox.  But on Tuesday instantly it was very difficult.  Even teams identical to others I easily beat at that power level were killing me.  I'm managing to use my tokens but it takes all day with multiple refreshes and my win rate has dropped significantly.

These are just observations that do not reflect my past experience and I'm not claiming anything has changed (except my luck).  But it is kinda hard to believe that all these weak teams filtered out overnight.

Dec 31, 2021, 01:3512/31/21
06/20/19
Angwil

The change I've noted has been rather abrupt (G4).  Prior to Monday everything was coasting along with 'easy' pages fairly regularly during the day.  On Monday it was insanly easy, like the bottom dropped out, and I even used several refills I had lanquishing in the inbox.  But on Tuesday instantly it was very difficult.  Even teams identical to others I easily beat at that power level were killing me.  I'm managing to use my tokens but it takes all day with multiple refreshes and my win rate has dropped significantly.

These are just observations that do not reflect my past experience and I'm not claiming anything has changed (except my luck).  But it is kinda hard to believe that all these weak teams filtered out overnight.

LOL and just a bit after writing this I get a pretty easy page.

harleQuinnModerator
Dec 31, 2021, 01:5612/31/21
02/24/19
Angwil

I haven't seen an "easy page" well over a month. Since Dec 1st I can guarantee at least, even though it was longer. That's when I got Lydia, and it's an easy point to remember back to.

dthorne04Moderator
Dec 31, 2021, 02:3112/31/21
12/30/20
harleQuinn

I haven't seen an "easy page" well over a month. Since Dec 1st I can guarantee at least, even though it was longer. That's when I got Lydia, and it's an easy point to remember back to.

YUP. pretty similar timeline, might see 1-2 easy matchups for every 3-4 pages now. 

Dec 31, 2021, 03:0612/31/21
Dec 31, 2021, 03:06(edited)
07/08/19

where in gold IV are y'all sitting? i still get full or nearly full pages of bots on the regular, but i'm currently down around 3100 points since i run a one man defense 5-6 days a week

dthorne04Moderator
Dec 31, 2021, 03:2012/31/21
12/30/20
Carpe_Piscis

where in gold IV are y'all sitting? i still get full or nearly full pages of bots on the regular, but i'm currently down around 3100 points since i run a one man defense 5-6 days a week

I personally have gotten squeezed down to low G4/high G3, but I'm also spending my time in game on hard DT (and the fusion, until a few days ago) and the holidays after finishing FW a few weeks back. the speed war has gotten pretty damn legit in the past week or two. 

Dec 31, 2021, 03:4912/31/21
06/25/20
Angwil

This is exactly my experience too. Currently I'm at 3200 G4, and in no real danger of losing ground, but prior to this week it was far easier to stay here than it is now.

Dec 31, 2021, 05:5212/31/21
06/20/19
Carpe_Piscis

Monday was immediately after reset when I had the insanly easy pages.  This surprised me off the bat as that is usually the hardest time since everyone has to build back up.  The hardest pages were Tuesday/Wednesday and I was struggling to get to and stay around 3000 - 3100.  I'm currently close to 3300, but only that high because I've been reluctent to drop my defense to one man this week.  I ususally drop defense by Tuesday morning if not before.  But I had it back up by Tuesday evening b/c I coiuld barely keep above 2900.

Dec 31, 2021, 14:4412/31/21
12/19/19

I actually fell into gold 3 with my solo defense. Not sure if it was me attacking less or getting attacked more because no bots.  Don't really pay attention, or bother using all my tokens always. But I would concur they are certainly less frequent and possibly gone altogether. 

Dec 31, 2021, 15:2512/31/21
10/15/20
Carpe_Piscis

3300 points right now, normally by this time of the week im about 3.6k so a definite difference.

Dec 31, 2021, 17:2712/31/21
12/19/19

i

Not the "bots" of old for sure. But a 10pack of wins for sure

Dec 31, 2021, 18:1012/31/21
06/25/20

Yeah - I'm curious whether those arbiter lead teams (especially the 2nd to last one) are actually real teams properly geared? If so, it would represent a different setup to the old bot pages, where even the "good" teams were trash geared.

Dec 31, 2021, 19:0312/31/21
06/25/20

Well - at long last I have a bot page. Guess they do still exist, but are much more uncommon. At some point I really should try running dotPeek on this and dig into the decompiled code ... would love to see how they actually coded this thing.

Jan 1, 2022, 03:4001/01/22

We have new bots

i

Jan 3, 2022, 19:3201/03/22
10/15/20

I am still in G4, but this has been the hardest G4 reset i have had since arena changed, and several clan mates have dropped to G3

My defence log is full of level 100's farming me relentlessly (low g4)

I am getting pages of hedgemon teams, anyone else noticed a big hit in difficulty this reset?

Jan 3, 2022, 20:3401/03/22
02/14/21
trevor.wilson

I am still in G4, but this has been the hardest G4 reset i have had since arena changed, and several clan mates have dropped to G3

My defence log is full of level 100's farming me relentlessly (low g4)

I am getting pages of hedgemon teams, anyone else noticed a big hit in difficulty this reset?

To me it seems it changes every reset, I am having an easy time this time last time was almost knocked down to G2 before recovering.

I think among the many reasons I dislike Arena, the reset is becoming #1 as it makes the Arena a full time job just to maintain which ever level you are in and moving up is like having 2 full time jobs 😈

Jan 3, 2022, 20:3701/03/22
10/15/20
Minin

To me it seems it changes every reset, I am having an easy time this time last time was almost knocked down to G2 before recovering.

I think among the many reasons I dislike Arena, the reset is becoming #1 as it makes the Arena a full time job just to maintain which ever level you are in and moving up is like having 2 full time jobs 😈

Wierd how it changes for people, maybe its something to do with the matching algorithm.

My log is full of teams from players with the plat avatar.... and its just relentless.

Maybe it will ease off midweek but i need to think of a better defence i guess....either that or just settle for lower gold as it takes too much time staying up.