All Categories

What's Next in Raid? Episode 4

Search
Nov 22, 2021, 14:3711/22/21
01/04/20

What's Next in Raid?  

Hey everyone, if you haven't already, check out the latest episode. 

Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 22, 2021, 15:1311/22/21
06/25/20

Hi Plarium,

Not sure how far you are into the development cycle for this, but

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE REMOVE THE RESTRICTION OF CHAMPS BEING ONLY ABLE TO JOIN FOR ONE KEY PER WEEK.

This is an absolute killer for FTP players. Most people struggle to build even a single team of five for CB. I consider myself to be endgame, and am fighting towards a one-key UNM build, but even when I get there, I fully expect that I won't be able to do it for all affinities.

To expect us to be able to do that for six champs instead of five, and then to also have two other full sets of champs for this, is extremely unrealistic. Of all of the changes I've seen proposed, this one is by far the biggest push towards whales. Considering how strong the Hydra rewards are, players with a large champ pool will have a massive advantage that will quickly let them eclipse anything the rest of us can manage.

Nov 22, 2021, 16:0911/22/21
Nov 22, 2021, 16:10(edited)
10/15/20

I  would struggle to put together 3 good clan boss teams of different champions never mind 3 teams of 6 champs.

I think its an interesting addition but agree with kramaswamy.kr 

Nov 22, 2021, 16:3011/22/21
04/02/19
kramaswamy.kr

Hi Plarium,

Not sure how far you are into the development cycle for this, but

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE REMOVE THE RESTRICTION OF CHAMPS BEING ONLY ABLE TO JOIN FOR ONE KEY PER WEEK.

This is an absolute killer for FTP players. Most people struggle to build even a single team of five for CB. I consider myself to be endgame, and am fighting towards a one-key UNM build, but even when I get there, I fully expect that I won't be able to do it for all affinities.

To expect us to be able to do that for six champs instead of five, and then to also have two other full sets of champs for this, is extremely unrealistic. Of all of the changes I've seen proposed, this one is by far the biggest push towards whales. Considering how strong the Hydra rewards are, players with a large champ pool will have a massive advantage that will quickly let them eclipse anything the rest of us can manage.

Yep the strong clans full of whales will have a ball and though it won't directly affect most of the player base the new gear sets are way to OP combined with upping stats with dupes will mean Platinum arena will be even more unreachable and the Tag Arena Gold even more so, this last one will cause even more of a bottleneck as getting to G1 is an additional progress mission 

I'm not loving any update which makes already over powered teams and champs even more over powered

I was hoping for a list of legacy legendaries they were buffing to the level of their new champs, but I suppose that wouldn't bring them any extra cash

Nov 22, 2021, 16:3911/22/21
04/02/19

Where did the link go?  Or was it removed because of its negativity?

Nov 22, 2021, 16:4211/22/21
01/02/20

i was banned for showing info from that vid 2 days aggo . you banned me said its not official

well know game is dead official

ty to dupe +4 

color change of hydra for void leggo donations

and 5-8 dupe cost for new leggo

GAME IS DEAD

GREED HAVE WON

Nov 22, 2021, 16:5711/22/21
01/19/21

QoL changes are fine. I'm not going to sing your praises for managing to implement some basic filters that should've been there from the start, but better late than never. Improvements to presets are welcome and seem to cover most of what I've suggested for it in the past. Not sure what the 15 presets for "each mode" means, and if it's 15 for PvE and 15 for PvP (up from 10 currently), then it barely makes a difference at all.

I suppose faction guardians might be marginally useful. I'm far away from any of the other dupe features.

As for the rest... Meh. I'm sure the whales will enjoy the new content. I'm sure I won't enjoy it once it starts to filter down into the arena. Hopefully they won't start to complain about how the game is now too easy through their self-inflicted pay-to-win problem, with the result that everything gets more difficult and/or less rewarding for everyone else.

Also...

"We don't want empowered legendaries to become unbeatable demi-gods"

-Plarium, before implementing a patch that makes legendaries into unbeatable demi-gods.

Nov 22, 2021, 16:5811/22/21
Nov 22, 2021, 16:59(edited)
01/04/20
forrestleigh

Where did the link go?  Or was it removed because of its negativity?

What link? Mine is still there. 

Nov 22, 2021, 16:5911/22/21
Nov 22, 2021, 18:03(edited)
01/04/20
Чебупеля

i was banned for showing info from that vid 2 days aggo . you banned me said its not official

well know game is dead official

ty to dupe +4 

color change of hydra for void leggo donations

and 5-8 dupe cost for new leggo

GAME IS DEAD

GREED HAVE WON

You were banned because it wasn't official yet and you kept spamming the same cruddy picture that someone took with a camera made from a potato... after you were asked to stop. 

Nov 22, 2021, 18:1811/22/21
04/02/19
Harbby

What link? Mine is still there. 

Sorry, my bad, it was a different post, more and more senior moments I'm afraid

Nov 22, 2021, 19:5711/22/21
08/17/21

First off I think the Hydra boss looks awesome! Depending on how the difficulty is calibrated and how the rewards are structured it may be way too endgame for my account but the mechanics look like a ton of fun to me. I love how it will reward having a large roster of maxed out champions rather than allowing just 1 easy solution. The two new presumably Shadowkin champions they teased look amazing as does the Medussa-type lady. The QOL updates seem fine to me but even though I recognize the need for saving time in game this just isn't an area I'm personally very concerned about so I'll leave it to others to more thoroughly evaluate the merits of the upcoming changes.

Now, broken record time again. :-) I was already concerned about power creep when it was just Guardian Ring and Empowerment, now I see they're introducing new OP artifact types too. I'll buck the trend and say I don't think this is motivated by greed. If I was a greedy dev I'd want my game to be as awesome and stable as possible so everybody would love it and play it forever thereby allowing me to extract maximum profit, I wouldn't be taking big risks with the balance that will potentially alienate a large portion of my playerbase. I don't think Plarium is the enemy at all, I think they genuinely wanted to inject some excitement into the game but like so many other games have done before they unfortunately chose amping up power levels as the means to that end. If they do implement this stuff which does seem overwhelmingly likely at least everything can be rebalanced with nerfs and buffs. After we go through that period of adjustment I hope they never do another major round of power creep.  

Also, I really want a camera made out of a potato now. There is already potato clock, perhaps potato-based technology can be a thing! :-)

Nov 22, 2021, 20:5411/22/21
Nov 22, 2021, 21:25(edited)
03/18/20

dupe system a joke already - 8 dupe legos to pull sir nic no thanks he might be half decent but not happening 

id pay 8 right now for mashalled but 8 is still pretty crazy for any champ 

2 stars from lydia and undead horde OP legos are hiding from me im kicking myself for burning grinner right before i realised how handy he wouldve been for revive oops lol

i forgot to add that im looking forward to the hydra concept - new content and challenges r nice to mix it up the locking out a team each key is interesting hmm 3 maneaters anyone lol 

looking forward to the patch i just hope they really work on speeding the game up for us all as all this new content isnt making the daily grind any quicker auto completing faction war stages and dungeons should be on the cards - at the end of the day if they did we would spend more gems $$ as its getting wiped quicker 

Nov 22, 2021, 21:0411/22/21
01/04/20
WastelandKnight

First off I think the Hydra boss looks awesome! Depending on how the difficulty is calibrated and how the rewards are structured it may be way too endgame for my account but the mechanics look like a ton of fun to me. I love how it will reward having a large roster of maxed out champions rather than allowing just 1 easy solution. The two new presumably Shadowkin champions they teased look amazing as does the Medussa-type lady. The QOL updates seem fine to me but even though I recognize the need for saving time in game this just isn't an area I'm personally very concerned about so I'll leave it to others to more thoroughly evaluate the merits of the upcoming changes.

Now, broken record time again. :-) I was already concerned about power creep when it was just Guardian Ring and Empowerment, now I see they're introducing new OP artifact types too. I'll buck the trend and say I don't think this is motivated by greed. If I was a greedy dev I'd want my game to be as awesome and stable as possible so everybody would love it and play it forever thereby allowing me to extract maximum profit, I wouldn't be taking big risks with the balance that will potentially alienate a large portion of my playerbase. I don't think Plarium is the enemy at all, I think they genuinely wanted to inject some excitement into the game but like so many other games have done before they unfortunately chose amping up power levels as the means to that end. If they do implement this stuff which does seem overwhelmingly likely at least everything can be rebalanced with nerfs and buffs. After we go through that period of adjustment I hope they never do another major round of power creep.  

Also, I really want a camera made out of a potato now. There is already potato clock, perhaps potato-based technology can be a thing! :-)

😄 sending a potato camera to you!

Nov 22, 2021, 23:5111/22/21
10/08/17

Love it all except the token trader (too expensive)

Nov 23, 2021, 02:1311/23/21
06/22/19

Hydra clan boss: having to build 3 teams of 6? Sure, it is not that you have to build 3 teams in a day.

Dupe empowerment system: If there is speed in one of the upgrades, then I don't like it for the sake of the ranting community, but for me it is fine. For others who pushes for platinum rank, it will become much more harder.

I don't like the stone skin effect (equiping 4) of the artifact. It will make arena fights much longer. I am already fed up of fighting against RNG of swift parry and reaction accessories, and now they will add this. 

Overall, I like the updates. But with the direction they are going with arena, I am not regretting of laying low of playing this game. Soon enough, I will start to quit. I am just playing just because I want to help the clan I am with in cvc.

Nov 23, 2021, 08:3811/23/21
10/15/20
JoinME

Hydra clan boss: having to build 3 teams of 6? Sure, it is not that you have to build 3 teams in a day.

Dupe empowerment system: If there is speed in one of the upgrades, then I don't like it for the sake of the ranting community, but for me it is fine. For others who pushes for platinum rank, it will become much more harder.

I don't like the stone skin effect (equiping 4) of the artifact. It will make arena fights much longer. I am already fed up of fighting against RNG of swift parry and reaction accessories, and now they will add this. 

Overall, I like the updates. But with the direction they are going with arena, I am not regretting of laying low of playing this game. Soon enough, I will start to quit. I am just playing just because I want to help the clan I am with in cvc.

I didnt last as long as you, i am coming up to a year of playing and have been winding down my time on the game for about a month or so...just doing cb and DT. Still make the effort for cvc but that is it

Its not the stuff that helps whales that has put me off (which most on here complain about)  it is purely the clunky mechanics that mean just doing your dailies take forever. I dont want to dedicate my entire life to a game!

Every time there is an artifact enhancement i want to punt my phone out the window as it is so ridiculous to spend an hour or more watching an animation  saying 'failed' just to upgrade half a dozen pieces.

Hydra looks interesting to be fair, but the last thing i need is more dailies and plarium are never going to streamline mechanics so i doubt i will still be playing by xmas

Nov 23, 2021, 14:2111/23/21
12/19/19
trevor.wilson

I didnt last as long as you, i am coming up to a year of playing and have been winding down my time on the game for about a month or so...just doing cb and DT. Still make the effort for cvc but that is it

Its not the stuff that helps whales that has put me off (which most on here complain about)  it is purely the clunky mechanics that mean just doing your dailies take forever. I dont want to dedicate my entire life to a game!

Every time there is an artifact enhancement i want to punt my phone out the window as it is so ridiculous to spend an hour or more watching an animation  saying 'failed' just to upgrade half a dozen pieces.

Hydra looks interesting to be fair, but the last thing i need is more dailies and plarium are never going to streamline mechanics so i doubt i will still be playing by xmas

Seems like some good QoL improvements in this update, plus vastly improved team presets... fingers crossed.

Is this coming soon?  or 2022 soon? or Plarium soon though :)