All Categories

Empowerment system

Empowerment system

Search
Nov 20, 2021, 17:1311/20/21
09/14/20

Empowerment system

There is a table circulating that shows the empowerment you get by merging dupes. 

If this table is to believe, the empowerment grants you about 40% to base stats, 15 to speed and so on.

If this is true, it should be reconsidered. That effect is way too strong. 

Just an example:

Your great hall gives you a maximum of 20% to base stats. 

Do you really think that an empowerment should be worth nearly the double in effect than building your great hall over the span of several years? 

If (and I stress if) the empowerment effects would be true....it is way too strong and will break the game.

Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 20, 2021, 17:2311/20/21
01/04/20

As of right now, please disregard this table. It is not official information.

Nov 20, 2021, 17:2411/20/21
09/14/20
Harbby

As of right now, please disregard this table. It is not official information.

Okay, thanks for the reply...will do so in the next days. 

Perhaps Plarium should officially deny this table..;)

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 20, 2021, 17:2511/20/21
02/24/19

This is some sort of rumor and graphic pulled from a Russian Facebook site. Pretty sure it doesn't mean anything at all right now, and has a pretty good chance of being totally fake.

I have reached out for clarification, but it is late in the day on a Saturday where Plarium is. Might take a day or so.

Until then, NO RIOTS!!!

Nov 20, 2021, 17:2611/20/21
01/04/20
harleQuinn

This is some sort of rumor and graphic pulled from a Russian Facebook site. Pretty sure it doesn't mean anything at all right now, and has a pretty good chance of being totally fake.

I have reached out for clarification, but it is late in the day on a Saturday where Plarium is. Might take a day or so.

Until then, NO RIOTS!!!

Too late, rioting. 

Nov 20, 2021, 19:2911/20/21
08/17/21

I'm going to be a broken record and say again that I believe empowerment will be unheathy for the game. They made the dupe system way more complicated then it needed to be. The tokens system is a nice idea other than that a system for re-rolling shards would have been fine.

dthorne04Moderator
Nov 20, 2021, 19:4911/20/21
12/30/20
WastelandKnight

I'm going to be a broken record and say again that I believe empowerment will be unheathy for the game. They made the dupe system way more complicated then it needed to be. The tokens system is a nice idea other than that a system for re-rolling shards would have been fine.

I would like to see it in action before we start rioting.

I also suspect it's going to negatively affect a much, much smaller portion of the player base than most people seem to think. 

Nov 20, 2021, 20:0911/20/21
08/17/21

Oh, I'm far from rioting. I believe Plarium is serious about delivering a good game to its playerbase and I feel pretty confident that even if mistakes are made along the way they'll put in an honest effort to fix them.

It's going to be a big issue for PVP, especially if it touches speed as they've already suggested it will. Beyond that it is equivalent to nerfing all the PVE content in the game which means sooner or later all the PVE content will have to get buffed and we're right back to where we were if we just hadn't messed with the balance in the first place.

Nov 20, 2021, 20:4811/20/21
11/16/20
WastelandKnight

Oh, I'm far from rioting. I believe Plarium is serious about delivering a good game to its playerbase and I feel pretty confident that even if mistakes are made along the way they'll put in an honest effort to fix them.

It's going to be a big issue for PVP, especially if it touches speed as they've already suggested it will. Beyond that it is equivalent to nerfing all the PVE content in the game which means sooner or later all the PVE content will have to get buffed and we're right back to where we were if we just hadn't messed with the balance in the first place.

It's too early to tell of course as not enough details are out, but I'm going to agree with wastelandknight's posts so far.

Having dupes be able to reroll to a non dupe or token system or whatever would have been sufficent. Using dupes to further upgrade and empower champions seems nice but will effect the game in a negative way imo. At first glance this will have very negative effects in pvp.

Still have to wait and see the final release and what it is actually going to be. 

dthorne04Moderator
Nov 20, 2021, 20:5411/20/21
12/30/20
WastelandKnight

Yeah, the rioting comment was more in general, apologies if it seemed targeted at you. :)

My belief (for now) is that the PVP aspect MIGHT trickle down into gold 4 for regular arena, not really sure about 3v3. I do think it will end up being more of a net positive for PVE, in general, looking forward to it for finishing off a few FW crypts.

I'm a bit skeptical that PVE content will get buffed rather than perhaps bonuses for empowerment getting nerfed, think that'd be the more logical/likely outcome. 

Nov 20, 2021, 21:1411/20/21
08/17/21

NP I didn't take it seriously or personally. :-)

Nov 22, 2021, 18:2511/22/21
09/14/20

So I waited for the time until the system is revealed. 

It is even worth than predicted by the single table. 

The life tokes are way overpriced.

The empowerment is ridiculously changing the power of champs. 

I never have seen a more unbalanced system in favour of people who spend a lot of money.

It is beyond greed, it is the worst they could have done

Nov 23, 2021, 23:3211/23/21
12/16/20
harleQuinn

Until then, NO RIOTS!!!

Too late, I've kept playing since the announcement of the Empowerment system simply because I hoped Plarium would reconsider implementing it. Any version of Empowerment or anything even resembling it will have me painting signs.

But having it officially announced as an upcoming feature now. That will be my 'raid-career' over and done, so sadly I'm not part of the target audience anymore.

Nov 24, 2021, 08:0711/24/21
04/02/19
harleQuinn

Until then, NO RIOTS!!!

It may have originally been that - but it's out on Skratch video from test, and he says the empowerment is way to much, at least 50% 

Plarium not long ago said we aren't going to bring in overpowered champs

Update - Plarium brings in empowerment which gives stupidly overpowered champs

Eventually this WILL impact everyone - extra mission to progress to G1 is already pretty much blocked due to whales and the stupid progression system, this will make the teams S4 and above even more overpowered

This will trickle down the classic arena levels also and halt the already bad progress mission system

Nov 24, 2021, 15:2611/24/21
02/08/20

After watching the latest Raid Shadow Legends video I could not believe that the empowerment is so strong. I thought that is way too strong and will have a huge negative impact for me.

In the meantime I changed my mind somehow about this empowerment system and the impact on my account progression or the lack of progression due this new system. 

Honestly, I do not believe that this system will have any effect for my PVE progress. So in case I have struggles to beat I boss that I am not able to assemble an appropriate team to win the fight. 

Even for the current PVP content I do not think that the impact will be that huge for me as initally thought. I once dared to push into higher Gold Tier IV during the weekend. The teams I faced their are unbeatable for me for more than one reason. It could be that the classic arena gets harder with the empowerment system in place especially in the Gold tier IV. However, even I drop out of Gold Tier IV a pretty confident that I will be able to stay at least in Gold tier I, which is okay for me. I really doubt that Silver and even Bronze tier will be flooded with empowered champions.

How many players are really aiming for platinum arena and Gold tiers in tag team arena? I believe that only minority of active players do so for various reasons.

If someone want to highlight that many players are aiming for Gold tier in tag team arena to get Ramantu Drakesblood and this empowerment system is now a roadblock for them I want to say the following. I knew from the beginning I will never be able to do that as I do not enjoy classic arena nor tag team arena. For me this mission is already a roadblock even without the empowerment system. Therefore, nothing changes for me.

To sum up that this empowerment system has a huge impact for players who would like to participate in platinum arena in classic arena and who are aiming to be in the highest tier in tag team arena. For players like me who enjoys the PVE content and do only the minimum for both arenas I really doubt that I feel any major impact by this system. 

I am more concered that I need at least 3 teams for the upcoming Hydra clan boss. It took ages for me to build my clan boss teams and I can still not cover all afinities yet. This is for my the much bigger issue, because it takes so much time to assemble the right time and to speed tune it.  

Nov 24, 2021, 15:5311/24/21
12/19/19
Matrim

So I waited for the time until the system is revealed. 

It is even worth than predicted by the single table. 

The life tokes are way overpriced.

The empowerment is ridiculously changing the power of champs. 

I never have seen a more unbalanced system in favour of people who spend a lot of money.

It is beyond greed, it is the worst they could have done

"I never have seen a more unbalanced system in favour of people who spend a lot of money. "

Pretty much every system in the real world works this way :)

Nov 24, 2021, 16:0011/24/21
12/19/19
Bandana86

After watching the latest Raid Shadow Legends video I could not believe that the empowerment is so strong. I thought that is way too strong and will have a huge negative impact for me.

In the meantime I changed my mind somehow about this empowerment system and the impact on my account progression or the lack of progression due this new system. 

Honestly, I do not believe that this system will have any effect for my PVE progress. So in case I have struggles to beat I boss that I am not able to assemble an appropriate team to win the fight. 

Even for the current PVP content I do not think that the impact will be that huge for me as initally thought. I once dared to push into higher Gold Tier IV during the weekend. The teams I faced their are unbeatable for me for more than one reason. It could be that the classic arena gets harder with the empowerment system in place especially in the Gold tier IV. However, even I drop out of Gold Tier IV a pretty confident that I will be able to stay at least in Gold tier I, which is okay for me. I really doubt that Silver and even Bronze tier will be flooded with empowered champions.

How many players are really aiming for platinum arena and Gold tiers in tag team arena? I believe that only minority of active players do so for various reasons.

If someone want to highlight that many players are aiming for Gold tier in tag team arena to get Ramantu Drakesblood and this empowerment system is now a roadblock for them I want to say the following. I knew from the beginning I will never be able to do that as I do not enjoy classic arena nor tag team arena. For me this mission is already a roadblock even without the empowerment system. Therefore, nothing changes for me.

To sum up that this empowerment system has a huge impact for players who would like to participate in platinum arena in classic arena and who are aiming to be in the highest tier in tag team arena. For players like me who enjoys the PVE content and do only the minimum for both arenas I really doubt that I feel any major impact by this system. 

I am more concered that I need at least 3 teams for the upcoming Hydra clan boss. It took ages for me to build my clan boss teams and I can still not cover all afinities yet. This is for my the much bigger issue, because it takes so much time to assemble the right time and to speed tune it.  

I agree, lots of overreaction that this is going to somehow unbalance the game for whales.  News flash, you are not competing with or impacted by whales in any manner...

I am end-game (4 Ramantu missions left), and I do not compete with whales now nor will them getting any stronger impact me at all.  They will always be so far ahead it doesn't really matter.  They were faster then me at 340 speed, will still be faster at 360 or 370 :)

Nov 24, 2021, 16:0311/24/21
12/19/19

Where I do disagree, the dupe system can help PvE especially with Epic bonus.  I just need to unlock space now since I need to keep all these epics.

dthorne04Moderator
Nov 24, 2021, 17:2411/24/21
12/30/20
Trips

Where I do disagree, the dupe system can help PvE especially with Epic bonus.  I just need to unlock space now since I need to keep all these epics.

100% agreed. I'm pretty sure this is going to help me finish off a few FW crypts, and I'm probably not alone on that one. Alleviating gearing issues (especially considering the silver involved) while spreading my gear out is really, really nice.