All Categories

Tips on increasing CB damage currently 4 key-ing Nightmare

Search
Oct 23, 2021, 04:1910/23/21
08/11/21

Hey folks! Just need some tips on which champion to replace so I can do more damage in CB possibly doing a comfortable 3 key on nightmare or even 2 if it is possible with the champs I have.

Current champions in CB: Kael, Ninja, Runekeeper Dazdurk, Tayrel and Frozen Banshee

Champions I have that can possibly join the CB team: Doompriest, Iron Brago, Skullcrusher, Aox the Rememberer, Gravechill Killer, Apothecary and Venomage

I wanted to replace Dazdurk but he is useful for heals and cleanse so I am not sure what to do here

Views
Comments
Comments
Oct 23, 2021, 05:3510/23/21
02/13/21

On the results screen, who is doing the most damage?  You currently have 2 poisoners with Kael and Banshee.  Do you find that you are reaching the 10 debuff limit constantly?  I suspect that you would be and if so I would swap Kael out for someone like Skullcrusher.  He brings not only counter attack but allied protection, which goes a long way to decreasing the overall damage you take, which in turn means you do a lot more damage too.

I also find that the key with CB is not just the champions, but also the speed tune and stats.  If you are not going an unkillable route then you will want to have very good defense and HP to survive as many rounds as possible.  Ideally something like 2.8K defense if you have someone to bring 60% increase defense for everyone, and 45K HP.  You will also want to make sure decease attack is on CB at all times.  Curently it looks like Tayrel is doing this with his A1, which would work if he can consistently keep it up

Finally, I mentioned speed tune above which is also important.  There's no point in having some champions twice as fast as others because then the buffs run out quicker.  A slower consistent team could do more damage than a team with speeds all over the shop.

Oct 23, 2021, 05:4710/23/21
08/17/21

Skullcrusher looks like your way forward to me, probably with Frozen Banshee, Ninja and Tayrel.

Oct 23, 2021, 05:5610/23/21
08/11/21
RoseRoyal

On the results screen, who is doing the most damage?  You currently have 2 poisoners with Kael and Banshee.  Do you find that you are reaching the 10 debuff limit constantly?  I suspect that you would be and if so I would swap Kael out for someone like Skullcrusher.  He brings not only counter attack but allied protection, which goes a long way to decreasing the overall damage you take, which in turn means you do a lot more damage too.

I also find that the key with CB is not just the champions, but also the speed tune and stats.  If you are not going an unkillable route then you will want to have very good defense and HP to survive as many rounds as possible.  Ideally something like 2.8K defense if you have someone to bring 60% increase defense for everyone, and 45K HP.  You will also want to make sure decease attack is on CB at all times.  Curently it looks like Tayrel is doing this with his A1, which would work if he can consistently keep it up

Finally, I mentioned speed tune above which is also important.  There's no point in having some champions twice as fast as others because then the buffs run out quicker.  A slower consistent team could do more damage than a team with speeds all over the shop.

ninja is doing the most damage for me atm, hmm yeah skullcrusher was my idea as well thanks

Oct 26, 2021, 22:4610/26/21
05/13/19

Kael  -  Ninja  -  Runekeeper  

Those  3  should  be  replaced.

Rhazin  -  Skullcrusher  -  Aox  or  Doompriest 

Those  3  should  be  brought  into  the  set  up.

Oct 26, 2021, 22:4910/26/21
06/25/20

I'll disagree on Ninja - I think he can stay. But yes, replace Kael and Dazdurk. I would also replace Tayrel - Brago pretty much completely supercedes him.

Oct 26, 2021, 23:1310/26/21
05/13/19
kramaswamy.kr

I'll disagree on Ninja - I think he can stay. But yes, replace Kael and Dazdurk. I would also replace Tayrel - Brago pretty much completely supercedes him.

You  can  disagree  with  me,  but  if  the  OP  listens  to  you  it  will  not  increase his  Damage.

Also  Iron  Brago  doesn't  supercede  Tayrel.

Tayrel  is  needed  on  the  set  up  I  gave.

Oct 26, 2021, 23:3010/26/21
06/25/20
Player J

You  can  disagree  with  me,  but  if  the  OP  listens  to  you  it  will  not  increase his  Damage.

Also  Iron  Brago  doesn't  supercede  Tayrel.

Tayrel  is  needed  on  the  set  up  I  gave.

Ninja brings DEF down. Brago brings ATK down and DEF up. AKA no need for Tayrel.

Oct 27, 2021, 00:1310/27/21
Oct 27, 2021, 00:17(edited)
05/13/19
kramaswamy.kr

Ninja brings DEF down. Brago brings ATK down and DEF up. AKA no need for Tayrel.

The  team  I  said  was:

1st  -  Tayrel  ------------->  Atk  Down

2nd  -  Rhazin  ------------>  Def  Down  +  Weaken

3rd  -  Frozen  Banshee  -->  Poison  Sen.  +  Poison

4th  -  Skullcrusher  ------>  Counter  Attack

5th  -  2  Different Options

A  -  Aox --------------->  Debuff  Extension  +  Heals

B  -  Doompriest ------->  Cleasening  +  Heals

If  you  add  Ninja,  he  could only  replace  2nd  Spot  or  5th  Spot

If  he  replaces  2nd  Spot,  The  team  will  miss  out  on  Weaken  Debuff.

If  he  replaces  5th  Spot,  The  team  will  miss  out  on  Consistency.

In  Addition,  I  believe Ninja  on  a  Skullcrusher team  isn't good.

Ninja  gains  turn  meter  on  the  A1.

Ninja  will  get  throw  out  of  rotation.

In  regard to  Iron  Brago,  Iron  Brago  does  Attack Down  on  a  Cool  Down  move  (A3  move).

Iron  Brago  Atk  Down  is  for  2  turns  on  a  3  turn  Cool  Down  Cycle.

Tayrel  Atk  Down  is  on  Default  move  (A1  move).

Tayrel  A1  move  is  double  hit  with  each  hit  having  a  chance  to  trigger  Atk  Down.

-->  Increase  Defense  Buff  is  a  luxury skill

Increase  Def Buff  is  very  good  to  have  in  CB,  but  not  at  the  expense of  Atk  Down

---------------------

In  Summation,

I  see  no  valid  reason  for  Ninja  to  be  on  the  team.

Every  CB  team  scenerio I  go  over  in  my  head  makes  him  a  liability.

I  do  see  Iron  Brago  with  a  small  hope  of  entering  the  team.

It  would  require a  very  specific set  up  to  work.

In  order  for  Iron  Brago  to  be  on  the  team,  The  OP  would  need  to  select  Aox  as  5th  hero  or  another  Debuff  Extension hero.

Than  they  could  replace  Tayrel  with  Iron  Brago.

Iron  Brago  Atk  Down  isn't consistent as  Tayrel  Atk  Down,  BUT  if  the  OP  knows  he  will  have  Debuff  Extender  on  the  team,  He  could  take  a  risk  and  use  the  Debuff  Extender  to  maintain  Atk  Down.

In  the  set  up  I  gave  to  the  OP,  I  didn't select  a  5th  hero.

I  gave  the  OP  2  possible options  for  the  5th  slot.

If  the  OP  selects  Aox  as  the  5th  hero,  Iron  Brago  could  replace  Tayrel.

If  the  OP  selects  Doompriest as  the  5th  hero,  Tayrel  should  stay  on  the  team

Oct 27, 2021, 01:3210/27/21
10/15/20
Player J

The  team  I  said  was:

1st  -  Tayrel  ------------->  Atk  Down

2nd  -  Rhazin  ------------>  Def  Down  +  Weaken

3rd  -  Frozen  Banshee  -->  Poison  Sen.  +  Poison

4th  -  Skullcrusher  ------>  Counter  Attack

5th  -  2  Different Options

A  -  Aox --------------->  Debuff  Extension  +  Heals

B  -  Doompriest ------->  Cleasening  +  Heals

If  you  add  Ninja,  he  could only  replace  2nd  Spot  or  5th  Spot

If  he  replaces  2nd  Spot,  The  team  will  miss  out  on  Weaken  Debuff.

If  he  replaces  5th  Spot,  The  team  will  miss  out  on  Consistency.

In  Addition,  I  believe Ninja  on  a  Skullcrusher team  isn't good.

Ninja  gains  turn  meter  on  the  A1.

Ninja  will  get  throw  out  of  rotation.

In  regard to  Iron  Brago,  Iron  Brago  does  Attack Down  on  a  Cool  Down  move  (A3  move).

Iron  Brago  Atk  Down  is  for  2  turns  on  a  3  turn  Cool  Down  Cycle.

Tayrel  Atk  Down  is  on  Default  move  (A1  move).

Tayrel  A1  move  is  double  hit  with  each  hit  having  a  chance  to  trigger  Atk  Down.

-->  Increase  Defense  Buff  is  a  luxury skill

Increase  Def Buff  is  very  good  to  have  in  CB,  but  not  at  the  expense of  Atk  Down

---------------------

In  Summation,

I  see  no  valid  reason  for  Ninja  to  be  on  the  team.

Every  CB  team  scenerio I  go  over  in  my  head  makes  him  a  liability.

I  do  see  Iron  Brago  with  a  small  hope  of  entering  the  team.

It  would  require a  very  specific set  up  to  work.

In  order  for  Iron  Brago  to  be  on  the  team,  The  OP  would  need  to  select  Aox  as  5th  hero  or  another  Debuff  Extension hero.

Than  they  could  replace  Tayrel  with  Iron  Brago.

Iron  Brago  Atk  Down  isn't consistent as  Tayrel  Atk  Down,  BUT  if  the  OP  knows  he  will  have  Debuff  Extender  on  the  team,  He  could  take  a  risk  and  use  the  Debuff  Extender  to  maintain  Atk  Down.

In  the  set  up  I  gave  to  the  OP,  I  didn't select  a  5th  hero.

I  gave  the  OP  2  possible options  for  the  5th  slot.

If  the  OP  selects  Aox  as  the  5th  hero,  Iron  Brago  could  replace  Tayrel.

If  the  OP  selects  Doompriest as  the  5th  hero,  Tayrel  should  stay  on  the  team

A speedtuned team can run Iron Brago without debuff extension. The stun hit from the CB is not attack based, and the CB will use that every 3 turns. If Brago, with a debuff lasting 2 turns with a 3 turn cast delay is on a 1:1 speed ratio with the boss, everything is fine. One round without debuff for one CB hit that is not atk based.

Oct 27, 2021, 03:2310/27/21
05/13/19
Skadi

A speedtuned team can run Iron Brago without debuff extension. The stun hit from the CB is not attack based, and the CB will use that every 3 turns. If Brago, with a debuff lasting 2 turns with a 3 turn cast delay is on a 1:1 speed ratio with the boss, everything is fine. One round without debuff for one CB hit that is not atk based.

What  your  saying  is  true.

The  Stun  Hit  from  the  CB  states  the  Hit  is  Max  Enemy  HP  Hit.

The  problem is  during  my  testing  Atk  Down  was  affecting  the  damage  of  the  Stun  Hit.

It  could  of  been  a  bug,  but  this  is  why  I  am  saying  to  have  full  coverage  of  Atk  Down.

Granted,  I  will  admit  the  Atk  Down  test I  did  was  over  1-2  years  ago.

I  did  testing  during that  time  because I  was  running  a  Counter  Attack  team  for  CB.

It  has  been  1-2  years  since  I  have  ran  a  CA  CB  team.

The  team  I  have  been  running  is  a  Block  Damage  team.

Block  Damage  teams  don't use  Atk  Down.

Otherwise,  I  would test  how  Atk  Down  interacts  in  the  current format.

Oct 27, 2021, 12:2510/27/21
08/11/21
Player J

What  your  saying  is  true.

The  Stun  Hit  from  the  CB  states  the  Hit  is  Max  Enemy  HP  Hit.

The  problem is  during  my  testing  Atk  Down  was  affecting  the  damage  of  the  Stun  Hit.

It  could  of  been  a  bug,  but  this  is  why  I  am  saying  to  have  full  coverage  of  Atk  Down.

Granted,  I  will  admit  the  Atk  Down  test I  did  was  over  1-2  years  ago.

I  did  testing  during that  time  because I  was  running  a  Counter  Attack  team  for  CB.

It  has  been  1-2  years  since  I  have  ran  a  CA  CB  team.

The  team  I  have  been  running  is  a  Block  Damage  team.

Block  Damage  teams  don't use  Atk  Down.

Otherwise,  I  would test  how  Atk  Down  interacts  in  the  current format.

thanks for the thorough tips wow much appreciated! I do not have Rhazin though so I have to use Ninja and I will use Aox for the 5th role as I have him at 50 and max masteries just need to have him 6 star.

I have a question on speed Skullcrusher should be the slowest one right? 

Oct 27, 2021, 13:3110/27/21
12/19/19
madoxxsas

thanks for the thorough tips wow much appreciated! I do not have Rhazin though so I have to use Ninja and I will use Aox for the 5th role as I have him at 50 and max masteries just need to have him 6 star.

I have a question on speed Skullcrusher should be the slowest one right? 

Yes, Skullcrusher slowest at 174 I think, unless u use a block debuff (maus mage would be 173).  The nice thing about speed tuning this way is it works on NM and UNM (need to set AI and/or delay skills manually firs couple rounds).

Top UNM chest should be your goal, though you likely don't have the gear yet, as the drops are way better than NM imo.

Oct 28, 2021, 02:4210/28/21
08/11/21
Trips

Yes, Skullcrusher slowest at 174 I think, unless u use a block debuff (maus mage would be 173).  The nice thing about speed tuning this way is it works on NM and UNM (need to set AI and/or delay skills manually firs couple rounds).

Top UNM chest should be your goal, though you likely don't have the gear yet, as the drops are way better than NM imo.

yeah i not yet im only 3 key-ing NM atm for some reasons the damage is very spikey I hit 20 mill one time but other times only like 14-15