All Categories

Upcoming Fragment/Fusion event - Epics

Search
Sep 30, 2021, 09:3309/30/21
02/13/21

These have recently been released but I haven't seen a thread on it yet.  Some look very interesting, and even more interesting the legendary as far as I'm concerned:

Scabrius - Skinwalkers (Magic/Attack)

A1 - Gutter Knife - Single target, 50% chance (booked to 70%) of placing a 5% poison for 2 turns 

A2 - Gnawing Horde - AOE, 75% chance (booked to 100%) of placing a Leech for 2 turns.  4 CD (booked to 3)

A3 - Vicious Spite - Single target, 75% chance (booked to 100%) of placing a 25% weaken for 2 turns.  Also places a 50% increase attack on this champion if weaken is placed.  5 CD (booked to 4)

Passive - Verminous - Damage increased by 20% when attacking enemies under Poison debuff

Thoughts - Doesn't particularly interest me.  Could be useful on CB if someone pulls him early as he brings poison, leech and weaken to the table, but I will probably not aim for him

Duhr the Hungerer - Demonspawn (Spirit/Support)

A1 - Odious Bulk - Single target, 30% chance (booked to 40%) of placing Stun for 1 turn

A2 - Cannibal Litany - Places a 30% reflect damage on all allies for 2 turns, 15% continuous heal on all allies for 1 turn, and heals all allies by 15% of their max HP.  5 CD (booked to 3)

A3 - Hungry for More - Revives 2 random allies with 50% HP, then fills their turn meters by 50%.  6 CD (booked to 4)

Thoughts - From what I can gather, Demonspawn only have 1 champion at the moment that has the revive skill, which is Duchess.  This brings a much needed gap to the Demonspawn faction wars, and one that I will likely aim for over the legendary fusion.

Thylessia - Knights Revenant (Force/Attack)

A1 - Weft of Madness - Single target, 50% chance (booked to 70%) of applying Debuff Spread for 1 debuff to all enemies under Hex

A2 - Shrieking Voices - AOE, increases duration of all debuffs on all enemies by 1 turn.  3 CD

A3 - Melancholia - AOE, places a 60% decrease DEF for 2 turns.  4 CD (booked to 3)

Passive - Feast of Woe - When attacking enemies under Decrease Defense debuff, has a 50% chance of placing a Hex for 2 turns

Thoughts - I assume this is part of the puzzle that Plarium is justifying for the Cleo changes to the daily logins.  She has an interesting kit that synergizes well (Open with A3, passive kicks off some Hex's, then A2 to increase all debuffs) but I probably won't aim for her specifically.  AOE decrease defense is always useful in Faction wars though.

Demytha - Dwarves (Void/Support)

A1 - Fires of Old - Single target, 2 hits, places a shield buff for 2 turns equal to 10% of this champions HP on the ally with the lowest HP

A2 - Light of the Deep - Increases the duration of all ally buffs by 1 turn, and decreases the duration of all ally debuffs by 1 turn.  Also heals all allies by 2.5% of their max HP.  Heals a further 2.5% max HP for each turn added to or removed from the duration of buffs and debuffs.  4 CD (booked to 3)

A3 - Channel the Bloodline - Places a Block damage buff on all allies for 1 turn, as well as a 15% continual heal buff on all allies for 2 turns.  5 CD (books to 3)

Aura - Increases Ally Defense in all battles by 20%

Thoughts - This to me appears to be a godly champion, unless I am missing something dramatic.  Part of me thinks this might be nerfed at some point, but a 3 turn block damage on all allies that goes from 1 turn to 2 turns with the A2 is incrediable.  

For a speed tuned CB team I think she could create a budget unkillable all by herself.  Open with A3 for the first AOE attack, then A2 for the second AOE, then A1 during the stun (making sure she isn't the target).  Rinse and repeat.  If you bring in a second AOE block damage like Warcaster then you can probably have a full block damage team up and running.  

100% aiming for this champion over the legendary, and I feel like I must be missing something (which I hope someone will tell me). 

Views
Comments
Comments
Sep 30, 2021, 10:0109/30/21
01/19/21

Unkillable/block damage buffs can't have their duration increased as I understand it. Still good, might be able to use her for an unkillable team with my Warcaster, but not quite as stupidly overpowered as a 2-turn damage block.

Sep 30, 2021, 10:1409/30/21
01/15/21

I am going to try and use the dwarf in a budget infinity gauntlet build for clan boss

I havent finished demonspawn FW so want the demon too.

Sep 30, 2021, 10:1609/30/21
02/13/21
EGDNIT

Unkillable/block damage buffs can't have their duration increased as I understand it. Still good, might be able to use her for an unkillable team with my Warcaster, but not quite as stupidly overpowered as a 2-turn damage block.

Ah yes, you are probably right on that front.  I think I remember trying the same thing with my Warcaster once

Sep 30, 2021, 10:2009/30/21
10/02/20
Trevor Wilson

I am going to try and use the dwarf in a budget infinity gauntlet build for clan boss

I havent finished demonspawn FW so want the demon too.

Sorry to ask but - infinity gauntlet build?

Sep 30, 2021, 11:1209/30/21
10/15/20

Duhr and Thylessia are good additions for their factions. The only reviver for Demonspawn (Duchess) and the only AoE decrease def champ for Knight-R. (Tomb Lord) are both legendary, and a lot of players won't have these on their accounts. I guess the epics in this fusion have more value than the legendary for a lot of players.

Sep 30, 2021, 11:2709/30/21
Sep 30, 2021, 11:28(edited)
01/15/21
dbwmcauley

Sorry to ask but - infinity gauntlet build?

The idea is to use brogni mechanics to have a constant and growing shield using buff extenders.

Brognis passive does a lot of damage when the CB hits a shield

Generally it uses both brogni and krisk, but i dont have krisk. I have an idea for using sandlashed and the new dwarf though and want to test it out.

BUT ive just noticed it is the same style of fusion as brogni and that one was a killer so i am not sure ill get the epics i want.

Sep 30, 2021, 15:5709/30/21
Sep 30, 2021, 15:58(edited)
08/01/21

The one with the blunt bangs is a mega-babe!  She could use her occult powers on me anytime.  Definitely not going to use her to fuse the moustache guy from Warhammer.

Oct 1, 2021, 01:2710/01/21
11/16/20

I've done all the fusions/fragment summons for awhile now, and I think this is the first one I might skip. Two of the epics looked good, the demon spawn reviver and the void epic.

Not sure yet but I might get the epics and skip fusing for once.

Oct 1, 2021, 07:4910/01/21
Oct 1, 2021, 07:50(edited)
02/13/21

The demonspawn one also seems quite easy to get, potentially even for newer players, which is great:

• Spider (20 fragments)
  • Dungeon Divers 1 (20 fragments) (first reward)
  • Dungeon Diver 2 (25 fragments) (looks like the first reward)
  • Champion Training (20 fragments) (unsure if it's the first reward or not)
  • Artifact Enhancement 1 (20 fragments)

Even at casual play this should be achievable, which means a great epic reviver for most accounts.  No shard wall (Summon Rush/Champion Chase) to overcome

Oct 1, 2021, 07:5310/01/21
01/15/21
RoseRoyal

The demonspawn one also seems quite easy to get, potentially even for newer players, which is great:

• Spider (20 fragments)
  • Dungeon Divers 1 (20 fragments) (first reward)
  • Dungeon Diver 2 (25 fragments) (looks like the first reward)
  • Champion Training (20 fragments) (unsure if it's the first reward or not)
  • Artifact Enhancement 1 (20 fragments)

Even at casual play this should be achievable, which means a great epic reviver for most accounts.  No shard wall (Summon Rush/Champion Chase) to overcome

Yeh it is the summon rush i tend to struggle with, i only open shards on x2 but dont always have the shards for the summon rush

Oct 1, 2021, 07:5810/01/21
Oct 1, 2021, 07:59(edited)
02/13/21
Trevor Wilson

Yeh it is the summon rush i tend to struggle with, i only open shards on x2 but dont always have the shards for the summon rush

Agree.  Summon rush is definately a punish, and I think one of the "control" checks that Plarium uses to ensure they get some money out of the event.  I generally fall back on using alot of Mystery shards, which I buy from the Market whenever they come up.  In the last one I ended up using around 1500 to bridge the gap

Oct 1, 2021, 09:1310/01/21
Oct 1, 2021, 09:13(edited)
01/19/21

It is at least slightly encouraging that the dwarf is the higher reward for the chase, as that gives me some hope that she'll be the lower one for the summon. Of course, knowing Plarium, they may be well aware which one people want and put her at the top in that one too just out of spite...

Oct 1, 2021, 16:2710/01/21
12/19/19
EGDNIT

It is at least slightly encouraging that the dwarf is the higher reward for the chase, as that gives me some hope that she'll be the lower one for the summon. Of course, knowing Plarium, they may be well aware which one people want and put her at the top in that one too just out of spite...

Misguided optimism on your part I think :)

Pretty sure void frags will be later reward. More annoying is lack of overlap (intentional i assume) of training with chase or summon rush. So opening 1000 greens for food not quite as viable. Or i should say far less optimal.

Oct 1, 2021, 16:4810/01/21
01/19/21

Probably, but I guess false hope is better than no hope.