All Categories

F2P Bommal 90 normal Guide

Search
Sep 22, 2021, 16:1909/22/21
01/11/21

Disclaimer: This is not a tactics, that I came up with. I saw this first on StewGaming Youtube channel, where he showcased it on Bommal hard 50. So I figured it has to work on Normal 90 as well. Link to the original video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zjtz1-M44s&t=153s&ab_channel=StewGaming

With that out of the way lets get into it.

The MVP of this guide is the Sacred order rare champion Templar, that can be farmed on Stage 8 of campaign. There is no need for him to be booked. In fact booking him will make it harder then not booking him.

Templar has only 2 abilities:

A1: Deals damage and has a chance to apply decrease speed

A2. Deals damage and gives himself block damage for 1 turn (4 turn CD unbooked)

And this is why he is so good at bommal. Everytime the bomb is about to explode, you use his A2 and all the damage is negated. Unfortunately his A1 has a decrease speed, which will throw off your sync on normal 90, because Bommal has very low resistance, so even if you have 0 accuracy +80 from your Great hall, you willl keep applying the decrease speed randomly. Therefore on normal it has to be played manually.

Here is the team I used and a killl proof:

i

So first lets talk about the team and every champions role:

Deacon: He is here simply for the Aura. He is level 40 and has no gear at all. He is expected to die immediately. Can be replaced by any other champion with Speed aura or Defense aura if you have higher speed than me.

Templar: Well he is here to solo kill Bommal

Ithos: His job is to clear the waves before boss and is expected to die immediately at the boss. (Do not use a champ in lifesteal gear for this job, because he will stay alive longer, giving your templar a chance to be stunned by the bomb and missing his block damage on the first bombs which kills him)

Rest: The other level 1 champions are there simply to die, which boosts templars speed from masteries.

So now lets get into the most important part:  The Templar build

i

Here you can see the build. The most important part is to use Regeneration set. Without it, this will not work. With that in mind, you want to have him with as much HP as you possibly can. My stats on gear in this case are:

Gloves: Crit chance. I only have crit chance, because I had no Regeneration gear with HP% or Defense%, so I had to work with what I had. It is highly recomended to use HP% gloves instead if you have them.

Chest: HP%

Boots: HP%

Ring: HP

Neck: Defense

Banner: HP

Total stats can be seen here:

i

With a total speed of 112 + Deacons 19% Speed aura + Speed bonus from masteries when all of your team dies, Templars speed fills his turn meter at the rate of just slightly below 50% of turn meter of the Bomb. So whenever Bommal drops their bomb, your next move, use A1 and then on turn after that, if the bomb has exactly or below 50% turn meter use A1 again, othervise use A2 to block the damage. Keep doing that until Bommal is dead. The fight took me about 27 mins on manual.

Here are the masteries:

i

It is possible to kill Bommal without Warmaster, but it will take forever to do so.

Views
Comments
Comments
Sep 22, 2021, 22:4809/22/21
02/11/21

This is awesome man!  Thanks so much.  Could really help me out as this is where I'm stuck on both accounts.  My main account pulled Raglin last weekend and an unbooked Raglin, Master Butcher along with fully built Sir Nick, Doompriest and Sinesha nearly beat it.  I'll probably have it once I book them during the CvC.

My alt account pulled Gurgoh last weekend and I tried freezing the bombs, but didn't even come close.  I may need to resort to your strat on this account.  Debating whether to hustle to get it done or wait 3 months until the rotation comes up again and it may be nerfed.

Sep 22, 2021, 23:3109/22/21
12/19/19
Qalam

This is awesome man!  Thanks so much.  Could really help me out as this is where I'm stuck on both accounts.  My main account pulled Raglin last weekend and an unbooked Raglin, Master Butcher along with fully built Sir Nick, Doompriest and Sinesha nearly beat it.  I'll probably have it once I book them during the CvC.

My alt account pulled Gurgoh last weekend and I tried freezing the bombs, but didn't even come close.  I may need to resort to your strat on this account.  Debating whether to hustle to get it done or wait 3 months until the rotation comes up again and it may be nerfed.

gurgoh is a beast in arena.  off topic, but I highly recommend using

Sep 23, 2021, 04:0809/23/21
02/11/21
Trips

gurgoh is a beast in arena.  off topic, but I highly recommend using

I  plan  too!    I  don't  have  a  buff  stripper,  so  he  will  fill  that  role.    I  do  have  insane  control  champs  though.    That  account  has  Warlord  and  Mauli.

Sep 25, 2021, 22:0909/25/21
02/11/21

i

Raglin and Master Butcher got me through on main.  It's Gurgoh or bust on the alt account though.  Backup plan is to have a 5 star Templar that can be a chicken if they nerf it, and get maxed out if they don't, by the time the rotation comes up again.

harleQuinnModerator
Sep 27, 2021, 04:2709/27/21
02/24/19

Awesome Arclite, thanks for sharing. :D