All Categories

How to increase Team effectiveness without increaseing team power

Search
Sep 22, 2021, 15:4909/22/21
11/10/20

as the title says, how do I increase damage output and def/res without increaseing team power 

Dont know how many times i come across a team with a low power rateing

but it is extremely hard to deal with and sometimes it actuall deals with me

Kinda sad to att an Arena team with 77 power with a team of 114 and actually lose

I have an alt with a team at around 70 and they take down 100 power teams regularly

Yes I know certain heros have passives etc, but I am sure those are not reflacted in team power 

So what actually affects Team power

Views
Comments
Comments
Sep 22, 2021, 17:2209/22/21
11/16/20

Team power is not a good indicator for arena power. If you are losing to low power teams it's a issue whith your comp and your gear.

Good luck fluffy. 

Sep 22, 2021, 20:2609/22/21
02/13/21

Champion power (and by extension team power) is affected more by certain stats then it is by others.  For example, boosting crit damage and resistance dramatically increases a champions power, but boosting speed does not.  This makes it quite unreliable to use when determining how well your champions will do against others.

A better approach is to look at team composition, and comparing that against yours.  For example, if the enemy team has a speed lead with a skill that increases turn meter, then you will need to assume your team will be going second, so then look at the what other champions they have and the potential damage they could do and consider if this is a match that you think you can win.  These type of speed nuke teams will always have a lowish power rating.

On the same note, if the enemy team has a HP aura lead, no real speed champs, and a lot of defensive champs (e.g. with skills to increase defense/heal/etc.), then it is probably a sustain team.  These type of defensive teams will always have a higher power rating, but if you have a fast team that includes some sort of control, you might be in a good spot to win.

There are also teams who's composition doesn't make any sense, so it is possible that the player has just put their favourite champions in there without much thought.  These teams are also usually easy to win regardless of their team power

Sep 23, 2021, 08:0009/23/21
10/15/20

i

Teampower actually doesn't show how strong a team will be in arena, but if the team composition is about speed or tanks, like RoseRoyal explained.

The opposite team was obviously a tank team. Miscreated Monster as lead (33% hp in arena battles aura), Mountain King as hp based damage dealer, Scyl as reviver, Valk for shield and counterattack, so they had a much higher teampower than my team.

Sep 23, 2021, 08:2109/23/21
04/02/19

If you stick high resistance on your teams you'll get highly increased power rating but as already been said it won't matter much in the arena as it's unlikely you'll go first, or in most cases even get a go - the best advice has already been given, know what the opposing team setup is and plan accordingly

Sep 23, 2021, 14:4609/23/21
12/19/19
Skadi

i

Teampower actually doesn't show how strong a team will be in arena, but if the team composition is about speed or tanks, like RoseRoyal explained.

The opposite team was obviously a tank team. Miscreated Monster as lead (33% hp in arena battles aura), Mountain King as hp based damage dealer, Scyl as reviver, Valk for shield and counterattack, so they had a much higher teampower than my team.

A Yoshi sighting!

Sep 23, 2021, 14:5209/23/21
Sep 23, 2021, 14:53(edited)
10/15/20
Trips

A Yoshi sighting!

I don't understand why people say Yoshi would be a bad champ. I love this guy in area. If you are faster: incr. attack and incr. acc with the same move. If they are faster: good chance to interrupt with his passive and put True Fear on them. 4% tm per enemie buff is massive. 

Sep 23, 2021, 14:5709/23/21
12/19/19
Skadi

I don't understand why people say Yoshi would be a bad champ. I love this guy in area. If you are faster: incr. attack and incr. acc with the same move. If they are faster: good chance to interrupt with his passive and put True Fear on them. 4% tm per enemie buff is massive. 

We are in the minority :) Maybe we should keep quiet and keep it that way, lol

Sep 23, 2021, 15:4109/23/21
04/02/19
Skadi

Lets say I have Lyssandra who speeds up my team by 30% and decreases enemy turn meters by 30%, just to get Yoshi  back to par thats 8 buffs on my team, and thats without the 30% speed increase, most speed teams will be all in excess of 250 speed so his passive is pretty useless

Sep 23, 2021, 20:1609/23/21
10/15/20
forrestleigh
Skadi

Lets say I have Lyssandra who speeds up my team by 30% and decreases enemy turn meters by 30%, just to get Yoshi  back to par thats 8 buffs on my team, and thats without the 30% speed increase, most speed teams will be all in excess of 250 speed so his passive is pretty useless

It's true that he can't counter Lyssandra, but that elf is a special case with her extreme +30%/-30% turn meter manipulation. Not everybody has a Lyssandra, Arbiter is much more commen, and she does not decrease the turnmeter of the opposite team. Arbiter's A3 is a 30% fill for their team and 16% for my Yoshi. Sometimes it's enough to interrupt - and if not, I would have lost the fight with any other combination of my champs as well.

Sep 24, 2021, 07:5109/24/21
04/02/19

True about Lyssandra, it's just too random for me to make him viable, 50% chance to place 75% when booked, or 75% and 100% if enemy has increase attack, there are others that do that better though I agree the turn meter manipulation could be good, if you got to go against a buff team.  I don't know what tier you're in but I flit between G4 and Plat and I've not seen him in any team there

Sep 24, 2021, 08:0009/24/21
01/15/21

The single most important thing with winning arena (in my opinion as a mid game player) is definitely not arena power.

It is knowing how the champions on the opposing team work, and what they do.

That way you can put in a team that responds accordingly.

Running the same team against every opponent regardless of their team is not a great idea.