All Categories

Why 4 months

Why 4 months

Search
Sep 16, 2021, 20:0409/16/21
01/02/21

Why 4 months

If the change was to keep with the log in trend, then why were the log in requirements raised to 4 months from the precedent of 1 month?

By the time " new " players get here they will be, well far from new. That is,  they last longer than the average 6 months the new players leave according to plariums info.

Not looking for a debate, just curious why so long on the new 270+ log in as I don't recall reading an official response or reason behind it.

Views
Comments
Comments
Sep 16, 2021, 20:0809/16/21
11/16/20

probably something along the lines of a free lego each month is too much free stuff. I'm on my second round of 270+ and I could care less about the lego, its going to just go straight into the vault, as at this point I have a lot of champions, and even more that are much more important to put the resources into leveling up.

Sep 16, 2021, 20:3709/16/21
Sep 16, 2021, 20:38(edited)
02/13/21

I wouldn't try to read into the 4 month logic too much, as I doubt there's a rhyme or reason for it.  The motivation for adding the fragments into the daily login rewards was actually to remove the free sacred shard and chicken per month, not to give a free lego.  4 months makes no sense yes, but they weren't thinking about the lego when they implemented it

Edit: Just be happy I guess that they didn't randomly choose 12 months

Sep 16, 2021, 21:0209/16/21
01/15/21

To be honest i have far more champions than i have resources to level at this point and the book situation is worse

Cleo will never get levelled, and will sit in the vault for ever.

Cant imagine them giving away a different lego every month to answer you.

Sep 16, 2021, 21:1309/16/21
06/25/20

I wouldn't completely dismiss Cleo, btw. Combine her with Ruel, and you get a guaranteed AOE fear or guaranteed block active skills on their entire team. Could definitely see a team like Arbiter + [insert second speed buff champ here] + Ruel + Cleo working well as a budget free team.

Sep 17, 2021, 04:1909/17/21
01/04/20

My  skinwalkers  team  would  have  been hosed  without  Cleo.  I know  that's  only  one  use  for  her  but  I  was  pleasantly  surprised.  I'm  considering  using  her  elsewhere  after  I  finish  FW  on  Tuesday(hopefully).  

Sep 17, 2021, 05:4809/17/21
09/14/20
Harbby

My  skinwalkers  team  would  have  been hosed  without  Cleo.  I know  that's  only  one  use  for  her  but  I  was  pleasantly  surprised.  I'm  considering  using  her  elsewhere  after  I  finish  FW  on  Tuesday(hopefully).  

But skinwalkers have been defeated many times before Cleo even appeared on the screen. In your case it is your personal team that Cleo helped with...but on a more general view and considering you have to play for more than a year to gether, all the explanantions of Plarium (helping to understand hex, helping new players) are just not satisfying if not outright wrong.

Sep 17, 2021, 06:5309/17/21
06/25/21
kramaswamy.kr

I wouldn't completely dismiss Cleo, btw. Combine her with Ruel, and you get a guaranteed AOE fear or guaranteed block active skills on their entire team. Could definitely see a team like Arbiter + [insert second speed buff champ here] + Ruel + Cleo working well as a budget free team.

Not unbooked. And if you are ftp or a low spender or not a content creator you aren't exactly swimming in lego books. There are far better champions you get in the 6 months to be booked. Like Rhazin, Scyl, Visix only from thr guaranteed ones, no matter what you pull...

That also presupposes you pulling Ruel...

Now if we woould get Cleo and Ruel or any other (maybe) (old or new) epic/legendary alongside her, that actually synergises with her, then yes. But until then Cleo will be close to trash tier for 99.99% of players hitting that mark.

Sep 17, 2021, 07:2109/17/21
01/15/21
Harbby

'Good for faction wars' feels like a way of saying 'generally trash most other places' 

Its certainly not like scyl who i use in loads of content or even dark elhain who has several uses.

Dont get me wrong - i have more champs than books so its not a big deal, but i dont think its one to get excited over for most players?

Sep 17, 2021, 07:3209/17/21
10/15/20
Myrddrin

Not unbooked. And if you are ftp or a low spender or not a content creator you aren't exactly swimming in lego books. There are far better champions you get in the 6 months to be booked. Like Rhazin, Scyl, Visix only from thr guaranteed ones, no matter what you pull...

That also presupposes you pulling Ruel...

Now if we woould get Cleo and Ruel or any other (maybe) (old or new) epic/legendary alongside her, that actually synergises with her, then yes. But until then Cleo will be close to trash tier for 99.99% of players hitting that mark.

Ruel was an event champ in the past, so he is probably wide spread compared to other legendaries. 

And I guess, with their explanation why Cleo ("learn about Hex") we will see more champs with that debuff or synergizing with it in the future.

Sep 17, 2021, 10:3609/17/21
01/15/21

It would have been far cooler to have given universal fragments, even if only 5 at a time

I have a tonne of fusions where i have 95 fragments but will never get the last 5

Sep 17, 2021, 14:1909/17/21
01/31/21

I prefer more 5* chickens than lego framgments

Sep 17, 2021, 15:5509/17/21
01/04/20
Trevor Wilson

'Good for faction wars' feels like a way of saying 'generally trash most other places' 

Its certainly not like scyl who i use in loads of content or even dark elhain who has several uses.

Dont get me wrong - i have more champs than books so its not a big deal, but i dont think its one to get excited over for most players?

I  am  by  no  means  saying  she's  great,  especially  since  it  takes  two  turn  to  block  abilities.  But  she's  not  as  bad  as  I  thought.  She  hits  relatively  hard  even  though  i  focused  on  accuracy,  I  happen  to  gave  Lix  for  insta  block  skills  and  warlord  for  resetting  cooldown  so  she  definitely  isn't  a  starter.  But  I'm  happy  to  have  her  on  my  bench.  

That being  said,  I  really  hope  they  cycle  some  Scyl  level  champs  through  the  log  in  rewards  after  Cleo.

Sep 18, 2021, 08:1709/18/21
10/15/20
Harbby

I  am  by  no  means  saying  she's  great,  especially  since  it  takes  two  turn  to  block  abilities.  But  she's  not  as  bad  as  I  thought.  She  hits  relatively  hard  even  though  i  focused  on  accuracy,  I  happen  to  gave  Lix  for  insta  block  skills  and  warlord  for  resetting  cooldown  so  she  definitely  isn't  a  starter.  But  I'm  happy  to  have  her  on  my  bench.  

That being  said,  I  really  hope  they  cycle  some  Scyl  level  champs  through  the  log  in  rewards  after  Cleo.

She needs only one turn to block skills, when she is paired with Ruel (or other Hex champs, that probably will join the game in the future).

Plarium seems to love the idea of such combination of champs. It's similar with Magnarr - debuff spread to all enemies that are under hp burn, but Magnarr has no hp burn in his kit and needs to be paired with a champ like Drexthar to do this. I guess, we will see some champs in the future, that interact with Hex in a similar way.

Sep 22, 2021, 14:0709/22/21
06/25/21
Skadi

Ruel was an event champ in the past, so he is probably wide spread compared to other legendaries. 

And I guess, with their explanation why Cleo ("learn about Hex") we will see more champs with that debuff or synergizing with it in the future.

"we will see mor ein the future"..hm I guess after the implementation of the dupe system? Since the most recent fusion makes absolutely no use of that mechanic.