All Categories

This is insane, the grind?

Search
Aug 30, 2021, 08:2708/30/21
08/21/19

I just finally got to level 35 and I have yet to get a champion all the way to six stars.  I started this game a while ago and got addicted fast.

I made alot of mistakes and the videos I found were pretty confusing.  It's ridicuous how much energy and time it takes to just get a champion maxed out. I'm a FREE TO PlAY PlAYER.  I wish I had the money to buy all the stuff.

I'll let you know if I ever get to level 60 on kael,it seems like it's impossible.

Views
Comments
Comments
Aug 30, 2021, 08:4208/30/21
Aug 30, 2021, 08:42(edited)
01/11/21

Your first 60 takes long time, but when you get Kael to 60, fully ascend him with all masteries and decent gear, then your next 60s will become much much easier. And as you keep getting better and better gear. It will just keep getting better.

Right now I can make a new 60 in +-4 to 5 days without buying energy and farming 12-3 on brutal.

Aug 30, 2021, 09:1408/30/21
07/31/21

On my main account I am 66 days in and have 8 six stars and half the sacrifices for a 9th. I would have everyhing ready for 9th already if I wouldnt have prepaed the first part of the Rhazin Fusion and done the arbiter quests which required me to fusion Justicar.

I six starred my starter early second week. I had done the first batch of arbiter missions in the first week. 

after 66 days I progressed tol Doomtower floor 30, doing dragon 13 and spider 10, can do ice golem 13, close to arena silver 4, only weak arrea is clanboss. That with getting only 2 good epics  and a somewaht useful legendary for arena out of 3 sacred shards and over 40 ancient shards at 2x events.

The fightying pit is ther for a erason. I never level anyone to 60. once they reach 58 they gget stuck into the pit and get fed some brew or overflowig commons.

Being in a decent clan helps a lot. clanwar give a ton of free ressources provided you hit all the milestones even if they are in the lowest tier. Also the clan should down the clanbosses from at least hard onwards daily.

Yes 6 starring is a lot of effort, you really need to think who is worth it and who can funtion at 5star also and who isnt worth levelling.

The videos I watched wer pretty clear, focus only in one champion at a time, don't spread yurself too thin.

Aug 30, 2021, 10:0108/30/21
02/13/21

As mentioned above, the key is to focus on your first 6 star and not spread yourself out too thin.  A lot of people get hung up on getting multiple 50's, thinking that it will help with other content, but the absolute first goal of your account should be a single 6 star champ, usually your starter champ.  You can focus on other champions after that

And yes, it is a grind

Aug 30, 2021, 14:2908/30/21
08/21/19

thanks guys , your right. One other question? being a free to play  player, How do you keep your energy going without running out?

Aug 30, 2021, 14:3108/30/21
06/25/20
phantom

thanks guys , your right. One other question? being a free to play  player, How do you keep your energy going without running out?

Short answer is, you don't. As you get further into the game you'll start to discover the opposite problem - too much energy and not enough time to use it. Just keep trucking - you get tons of free energy from stuff early.

RAID: Shadow Legends Guide | AyumiLove  is a great site for reference. There's a guide there on the top mistakes to not make. Make sure to follow it.

Aug 30, 2021, 14:3608/30/21
04/05/21

The grind is insane? Yes. Impossible? No. How long have you been playing? A week? A month? A year? lol

But really, you should know that we F2Ps can do it too. Even though I was very slow I still managed after a month. If you have been playing for a while; You'll get there! You don't need the packs! They're just extras.

Also, DM me and we can chat on discord if you have any questions :)

Aug 31, 2021, 06:4708/31/21
Aug 31, 2021, 07:29(edited)
01/11/21
phantom

You get 1 refill from staying logged in for 1 Hour, 1 refill for your dailies, 1 refill for doing all advanced quests in a day. 

Sometimes you get energy randomly from getting points on events / tournaments even if you dont focus on them specificaly. Then you get a couple refills on your weekly and monthly quests. And from clearing some doom tower floors. Once a week you can buy 300 energy from 3v3 Bazaar.

Your max energy will keep increasing as you gain account levels. With max being 130 max energy at account level 60.

I think it is quite sufficient as it will take you roughly 3-4 hours a day if you really want to do everything there is to do. 

Also: Dont use all the refills at once. Always keep your energy below your maximum as it will keep regenerating 1 energy every 3 mins as you play. So dont use all refils at once, but instead use them 1 by 1.

Aug 31, 2021, 10:0008/31/21
Aug 31, 2021, 10:01(edited)
02/13/21
Arcllite

You get 1 refill from staying logged in for 1 Hour, 1 refill for your dailies, 1 refill for doing all advanced quests in a day. 

Sometimes you get energy randomly from getting points on events / tournaments even if you dont focus on them specificaly. Then you get a couple refills on your weekly and monthly quests. And from clearing some doom tower floors. Once a week you can buy 300 energy from 3v3 Bazaar.

Your max energy will keep increasing as you gain account levels. With max being 130 max energy at account level 60.

I think it is quite sufficient as it will take you roughly 3-4 hours a day if you really want to do everything there is to do. 

Also: Dont use all the refills at once. Always keep your energy below your maximum as it will keep regenerating 1 energy every 3 mins as you play. So dont use all refils at once, but instead use them 1 by 1.

True, you also get a free energy refill every couple of days as a free gift from the shop.  You get the free gift every day, but it isn't always the energy refill, but it does work out to be about 2 to 3 per week.  These go into your inbox to be used whenever, and ideally you should save them for events.  They expire after 99 days and I currently have 11 of these saved up on my second account

i

You can also now buy energy through the clan shop for 100 gold = 100 energy (with a limit of 10x per week).

In doing the math, you actually get over 30,000 free energy per month, which includes the energy regen.  It's a considerable amount to churn through.  Not enough to play for 8 hours a day, but enough to keep you sufficiently busy.

Sep 27, 2021, 15:0809/27/21
08/21/19

thanks alot for the helpful info.

Sep 27, 2021, 19:5009/27/21
Sep 27, 2021, 19:56(edited)
03/28/21

Like everyone else said, it gets easier as you progress. But with that said, you still need to choose carefully who to bring to level 60 because it will always take a lot of resources to acomplish, and you don't want to get someone to 60 then later realize they weren't worth the investment. Also never grind for XP without a XP boost. You may even want to save up energy for when you do have the boost, that way you can make the most of it. If you can get a lv 60 it would be a great asset to your team, but it's not necessary. Getting a couple 4 or 5 stars instead would build a more diverse team.

Sep 27, 2021, 21:0109/27/21
08/27/21

Just want to note that I feel your pain!  Not only the grind but keeping track of who I'm sacrificing and who I'm keeping.  I'm getting closer to my first six star, though!