All Categories

Help on Spider 20

Help on Spider 20

Search
Jul 5, 2021, 14:4807/05/21
02/18/21

Help on Spider 20

I'm stuck on Spider 20.   I have a couple extra characters that I think could help, but I would need to level them up.  My plan is to do this:

• Coldheart x2 for damage and time meter
  • Ultimate Galek - HP Burn
  • Dazdurk - Heal and Attack Up
  • Rhazin - Tank

I would need to level up my second Coldheart and Ultimate Galek to 60.  Does anyone have any other suggestions that would help?  Is there a better more consisent team comp that I can create based on my roster below?

i

i

Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 5, 2021, 16:3607/05/21
05/05/19

THe problem you're going to have I think is that you have no one to "tank" the damage of the little spiders, and Rhazin is off affinity and won't be able to take too many hits. Also, isn't very realiable on spider 20 since he's force affinity. In that case, Rugnor is a better bet, but you'll run into the same problem of no one being able to take damage. Do you have a Paragon and a Renegade? There's a setup with 2 Coldhearts and those 2 full auto

Jul 6, 2021, 21:2107/06/21
06/25/20

You are so close to having the pieces for a 20-second clear of spider 20.

Coldheart X2 with about 250 CDMG, 70% CR, and 170+ SPD. One CH with high ACC and lower speed than the other one

Armiger with about 250 CDMG, 100% CR, and 170+ SPD. Faster than the two CH.

Rugnor Goldgleam with high ACC and 170+ speed, but faster than the above three

Normally what you'd want to close that team out would be someone with a damage booster - something like Gurptuk or BEK. I don't see those two in your list, though. But what you might be able to do to finish it off is use an AOE HP Burn. Unfortunately, UGalek's HP Burn requires him to have an ATK buff, which you don't have from that lineup. If you don't already have him Akoth the Seared is "free" from Doom Tower normal, and he has a guaranteed HP burn on all targets. That would close out your team.

Basically - you'd open with Rugnor's DEF down and Weaken, then Armiger would hit for about 0.5-0.7M dmg, and your two Coldhearts would hit for around 1.5-2M dmg, for a combined roughly 4M damage. Spider has 5.5M HP, so that would leave her at about 70% remaining HP. Then Akoth would AOE HP Burn them all, and Spider would take a combined 11 burns from all ten spiderlings plus herself. Each burn would tick for roughly 5% of her HP, for a combined roughly 50% to finish her off.

This'll take a bit longer than the 20 seconds I quoted at the top, since you would need to wait for all ticks to complete - you're probably looking at maybe 35-40 seconds, but should still be basically a guaranteed win. The only risk is Rugnor getting resisted.

Jul 6, 2021, 22:1007/06/21
Jul 6, 2021, 22:11(edited)
09/14/19
kramaswamy.kr

You are so close to having the pieces for a 20-second clear of spider 20.

Coldheart X2 with about 250 CDMG, 70% CR, and 170+ SPD. One CH with high ACC and lower speed than the other one

Armiger with about 250 CDMG, 100% CR, and 170+ SPD. Faster than the two CH.

Rugnor Goldgleam with high ACC and 170+ speed, but faster than the above three

Normally what you'd want to close that team out would be someone with a damage booster - something like Gurptuk or BEK. I don't see those two in your list, though. But what you might be able to do to finish it off is use an AOE HP Burn. Unfortunately, UGalek's HP Burn requires him to have an ATK buff, which you don't have from that lineup. If you don't already have him Akoth the Seared is "free" from Doom Tower normal, and he has a guaranteed HP burn on all targets. That would close out your team.

Basically - you'd open with Rugnor's DEF down and Weaken, then Armiger would hit for about 0.5-0.7M dmg, and your two Coldhearts would hit for around 1.5-2M dmg, for a combined roughly 4M damage. Spider has 5.5M HP, so that would leave her at about 70% remaining HP. Then Akoth would AOE HP Burn them all, and Spider would take a combined 11 burns from all ten spiderlings plus herself. Each burn would tick for roughly 5% of her HP, for a combined roughly 50% to finish her off.

This'll take a bit longer than the 20 seconds I quoted at the top, since you would need to wait for all ticks to complete - you're probably looking at maybe 35-40 seconds, but should still be basically a guaranteed win. The only risk is Rugnor getting resisted.

Don't think that would work - if you don't kill off all the spiderlings - spider will eat them all and heal - then you are screwed - and none of the champs listed above will do any real AOE dmg.

Not to mention that any spiderlings alive will most likely poison and kill all the champs.

Jul 6, 2021, 22:2107/06/21
Jul 6, 2021, 22:21(edited)
06/25/20
WhyPlay

Don't think that would work - if you don't kill off all the spiderlings - spider will eat them all and heal - then you are screwed - and none of the champs listed above will do any real AOE dmg.

Not to mention that any spiderlings alive will most likely poison and kill all the champs.

You don't need to kill off the spiderlings. In fact, you don't *want* to kill them. You want them alive so their HP burn ticks kill the queen. The queen won't get a turn to eat the spiderlings, and the spiderlings won't kill off your whole team either - Akoth should be able to survive the attacks, since all you'll need to do is build him with ACC, SPD, and DEF. He doesn't even need to resist the poisons, since he won't get another turn to actually have them tick.

The idea is that your nukers will bring the queen down low enough, and HP burn will finish her off.

Jul 16, 2021, 17:4907/16/21
Jul 16, 2021, 17:50(edited)
02/18/21

Just to close the loop.  The plan worked on full auto.  With Dazdurk, I had around a 50% win rate.  I decided to swap in Ursala since she had an Attack Up too as well as a rez.  Now my win rate is around 90% between 1-2 minutes.

I can probably make the time even faster since my attack order is screwed up (Rhazin is currently slower than my Coldhearts), but it's good enough ...

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Jul 18, 2021, 05:3607/18/21
06/25/20
bchiumba

Just to close the loop.  The plan worked on full auto.  With Dazdurk, I had around a 50% win rate.  I decided to swap in Ursala since she had an Attack Up too as well as a rez.  Now my win rate is around 90% between 1-2 minutes.

I can probably make the time even faster since my attack order is screwed up (Rhazin is currently slower than my Coldhearts), but it's good enough ...

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

I still think you should look into working on the team I suggested. Eventually you'll be able to replace Akoth with one of the other champs, and that'll bring you down to a 15-20 second Spider 20 run.

Aug 16, 2021, 21:2808/16/21
09/14/19
kramaswamy.kr

You don't need to kill off the spiderlings. In fact, you don't *want* to kill them. You want them alive so their HP burn ticks kill the queen. The queen won't get a turn to eat the spiderlings, and the spiderlings won't kill off your whole team either - Akoth should be able to survive the attacks, since all you'll need to do is build him with ACC, SPD, and DEF. He doesn't even need to resist the poisons, since he won't get another turn to actually have them tick.

The idea is that your nukers will bring the queen down low enough, and HP burn will finish her off.

Have a vid of this strategy actually working?

Aug 16, 2021, 21:3708/16/21
06/25/20
WhyPlay

I don't, though I can probably spin something up relatively easily if you'd like.

Aug 16, 2021, 21:5108/16/21
11/16/20
WhyPlay

I do a hp burn on spider as well. I use elder skarg, miscreated monster, coldheart, stag knight, and frozen banshee.

I don't kill any spiderlings as they kill the spider boss for me.

Aug 16, 2021, 21:5908/16/21
12/19/19
evilized6666

I do a hp burn on spider as well. I use elder skarg, miscreated monster, coldheart, stag knight, and frozen banshee.

I don't kill any spiderlings as they kill the spider boss for me.

why frozen banshee? Seems an odd choice, you have anyone with weaken instead?

Aug 16, 2021, 23:2708/16/21
Aug 16, 2021, 23:31(edited)
11/16/20
Trips

why frozen banshee? Seems an odd choice, you have anyone with weaken instead?

Lol I know it is. I use her just to get debuffs up,(also no aoe attacks)so that elder skarg gets the HP burn off on all the spiderlings right away.

I set up the team quite a bit ago and probably should have slotted someone else in but meh 1:20-1:40 clears 100% winrate, I just haven't bothered to change it tbh.

Edit: I also need her acc aura as I use elder skarg in arena a lot(fear bomb for speed/control/nuke set up) and do not have enough accuracy to always land the burn on all the spiderlings

Aug 17, 2021, 01:1708/17/21
Aug 17, 2021, 01:18(edited)
06/25/20

Notes tmrw since Phone Doesn't Post Properly

i
Aug 17, 2021, 11:5108/17/21
06/25/20

Okay so just to update on that screenshot - I couldn't simulate it with my normal team, because my Royal Guards kill the spiderlings, so I put together a slightly different variant - Kymar to simulate two Coldhearts, and MM to shield me from the damage so that I can let the burn tick away. The version I suggested originally should win much faster than my screenshot, though.