All Categories

Two Separate Arena System?

Search
Jun 26, 2021, 08:1806/26/21
06/29/20

As a casual/F2P player, I'm loving the recent changes to the Arena system because it's allowing me to progress my GH. However, I have no doubt these same changes probably aren't being embrassed by many high level players. Would it be possible to have a Two Arena System?

A Progressive Arena - for the players who are not so much into Arena but would like to progress their GH bonuses. It would be pretty much what we have at the moment with bots and other lower level players with the rewards being ONLY medals towards GH progression.

A Competitive Arena - for the players who like the strategy and competition of PvP where the rewards are medals towards GH progression AND a small amount of silver per victory (say $10K/victory). No bots.

Arena preference could be a box tick at the reset of Arena where each player has 24  hours to make their selection before being locked-in until the next reset. This would stop anybody from jumping back and forward between Arenas. Arena structure could be the current tier system because with two separate Arenas, players would be spread more thinly - similar to the idea of introducing more tiers into the existing Arena structure. Thoughts...?

Views
Comments
Comments
Jun 26, 2021, 10:0006/26/21
06/22/19

Summoners War have similar arena like in your suggestion. Instead of having a separate arena, they have NPCs that have easy defense that you can fight once every 24 hrs. This is I think better than your suggestion. 

The problem, I think, 99% of the players will probably not choose to go to "competitive arena" 

Jun 27, 2021, 10:3406/27/21
06/29/20

My suggestion allows Plarium to continue selling Arena Tokens through Gems or Offers, so you're not limited to one round every 24 hours. Me personally, I prefer the option of fighting in Arena more often than once every 24 hours so I can progress my GH.

I can't agree or disagree with your comment regarding "99% of players" because I don't have the data. I was working on the assumption that 'most' whales will have their GH bonuses maxed-out and therefore another source of silver might be appreciated.