All Categories

Gearing and progression

Gearing and progression

Search
Jun 17, 2021, 20:0306/17/21
02/20/21

Gearing and progression

Trying  to  understand  how  to  progress  beyond  dragon  16.   

I  Understand  that  gear  plays  a  big  part.    Is  a  lifesteal  set  a  nessessity  on  most  of  my  attack  toons  without  a  leech  champ?    Or  is  mosoleum  mage/apoth  duo  capable  of  healing  through  progression  if  i  place  my  att ack  champs  in  the  best  pieces of  gear  i  have  available  regardless  of  set?

Views
Comments
Comments
Jun 17, 2021, 20:0706/17/21
06/25/20

Depends a lot on how much crowd control you have on your team.

Personally, I basically don't use any healers or leech at all on my teams, because the enemies are permanently stunned or TM controlled.

If you're going to be absorbing hits, then sure, I expect MM + apo will be more than sufficient.

Jun 17, 2021, 23:2906/17/21
Jun 17, 2021, 23:30(edited)
02/20/21

Thanks.    It  seems  like  at  Earlier  progression  healers  or  lifesteal  are  required?    I  get  what  you  are  saying  about  cc  and  tm  but  logically  it  seems  like  that  requires  gear  slightly  above  the  progression  i  am  chasing?    It  seems  like  a  long  grind  just  to  equip  a  single  toon  in  good  lifesteal  much  less  2  or  3  champions.    

Jun 18, 2021, 01:0006/18/21
03/30/19
dizzydfamily

Thanks.    It  seems  like  at  Earlier  progression  healers  or  lifesteal  are  required?    I  get  what  you  are  saying  about  cc  and  tm  but  logically  it  seems  like  that  requires  gear  slightly  above  the  progression  i  am  chasing?    It  seems  like  a  long  grind  just  to  equip  a  single  toon  in  good  lifesteal  much  less  2  or  3  champions.    

Yes, supports are important throughout the game. Lifesteal is not that as important as having a good, well-rounded team. 

You also need debuffers , good ones for progression are Stag Knight and Dhukk since they provide both def down and atk down, which lower the damage on the waves. 

I would advise against using atk champs (except RG and Coldheart) early on, since you'll get way more mileage out of Def nukers, who hit just as hard but are way more durable ie Tayrel, Peydma, Kaiden etc 

Of course your runs will be slightly slower but overall much healthier with lower gear requirements. 

Jun 18, 2021, 08:0306/18/21
05/13/19

The  only  hero  I  put  in  Lifesteal  gear  vs.  Dragon  is  my  Poison  hero.

A  strong  Poison  hero  in  Lifesteal  gear  can  Solo  the  Dragon  in  a  1  vs.  1  fight.

The  rest  of  team  wouldn't be  in  Lifesteal.