All Categories

Spirit host drop rate- higher difficulty?

Search
Jun 7, 2021, 22:1906/07/21
01/15/21

Hey all

A month ago, as i am an idiot i ate my spirithost to lower player power....not realising i needed her for one of the arbiter quests.

I have run 2500 energy worth of 4-3 runs on brutal now and ive had multiple greybeards drop but no spirithost. Ive six starred more than one champ while trying to get her to drop 

Does anyone know the drop rate or if it is affected by difficulty? In other words should i run it on nightmare?

It is a bit frustrated as ive done all the GH missions and have all the dungeon 20 on auto etc but cant get a blinking spirithost for love or money :)

Thanks

Views
Comments
Comments
Jun 7, 2021, 22:2506/07/21
01/19/21

From what I've heard, and I am by no means certain about this, difficulty increases the chance of getting a higher rarity champion, not the chances of getting a champion instead of anything else or getting a particular champion. One exception, IIRC, nightmare difficulty takes out green shards from the pool, so presumably that makes a champion slightly more likely.

Jun 7, 2021, 22:2606/07/21
06/25/20

I don't believe it does.

But tbh, I think your best bet would be to just farm that stage for xp instead of 12-3/12-6. You'll get less xp per energy, but you won't waste energy completely that way. I would probably stick with Brutal just to get the best balance between energy cost and xp.

Alternatively, just wait for the next 2x ancient; decent chance you'll get her from there.

Jun 7, 2021, 22:2606/07/21
01/15/21
EGDNIT

From what I've heard, and I am by no means certain about this, difficulty increases the chance of getting a higher rarity champion, not the chances of getting a champion instead of anything else or getting a particular champion. One exception, IIRC, nightmare difficulty takes out green shards from the pool, so presumably that makes a champion slightly more likely.

Balanced against that is the higher energy cost..... ill try 1k or so energy on nightmare to see if it works thanks (i cant believe i ate her i am so annoyed with myself!)

Jun 7, 2021, 22:2706/07/21
01/15/21
kramaswamy.kr

I don't believe it does.

But tbh, I think your best bet would be to just farm that stage for xp instead of 12-3/12-6. You'll get less xp per energy, but you won't waste energy completely that way. I would probably stick with Brutal just to get the best balance between energy cost and xp.

Alternatively, just wait for the next 2x ancient; decent chance you'll get her from there.

Yeh i have six starred achak, royal guard and well on my way to 6 starring mausoleum mage while trying to get her so it is not a total waste of energy. Thanks.

Jun 7, 2021, 22:4306/07/21
01/19/21

What do you need her for anyway?

Jun 7, 2021, 23:1206/07/21
Jun 7, 2021, 23:24(edited)
04/12/21

I recently went through the similar exercise for Executioner and Heiress. Seems like it takes forever and you get everything else but what you want, which is general rule for this game, imo, no matter what: artifacts, champs, potions, you name it.

But to answer your question the good news is, if you are just after the champ then all you need is the lowest level "normal".  If you look through all the campaign levels it is the same champ on all the levels. So if you do not need to raise silver then go easy and save energy, and just pound away at it.  I recently got like 7 or 8 Avengers before I got the Heiress. And Executioner took a long time, also.

So yeah not much you can do except grin and bear it.

If you are like me trying to get a Relickeeper then all I have left to do is ascend my Executioner to 4 star when the Magic keep opens up. And raise the insane amount of silver they want as a bribe to do the fusion.

BTW, if you search the forum under spirithost or any other champ that you wish to drop, there you will see numerous similar sob stories lol.

Jun 7, 2021, 23:3906/07/21
02/29/20

You  should  never  food  a  champion  just  to  lower  player  power...

the  way  to  win  in  the  arena  is  to  raise  your  account  up  stronger.  That  doesnt  mean  kill  off  all  of  your  vault  guardians.

i  mean  with  bots  now  it  doesnt  matter  much  anymore  lol

Jun 8, 2021, 09:3206/08/21
01/15/21
[V]Destroyer39

You  should  never  food  a  champion  just  to  lower  player  power...

the  way  to  win  in  the  arena  is  to  raise  your  account  up  stronger.  That  doesnt  mean  kill  off  all  of  your  vault  guardians.

i  mean  with  bots  now  it  doesnt  matter  much  anymore  lol

Hindsight is wonderful i had been bouncing between S4 and G1 for a whle when i crunched.

No i should not have fooded.

Its actually incredible i have used 3.5k energy on this stage now :)

Jun 8, 2021, 10:5106/08/21
01/03/21
End Is Near

I recently went through the similar exercise for Executioner and Heiress. Seems like it takes forever and you get everything else but what you want, which is general rule for this game, imo, no matter what: artifacts, champs, potions, you name it.

But to answer your question the good news is, if you are just after the champ then all you need is the lowest level "normal".  If you look through all the campaign levels it is the same champ on all the levels. So if you do not need to raise silver then go easy and save energy, and just pound away at it.  I recently got like 7 or 8 Avengers before I got the Heiress. And Executioner took a long time, also.

So yeah not much you can do except grin and bear it.

If you are like me trying to get a Relickeeper then all I have left to do is ascend my Executioner to 4 star when the Magic keep opens up. And raise the insane amount of silver they want as a bribe to do the fusion.

BTW, if you search the forum under spirithost or any other champ that you wish to drop, there you will see numerous similar sob stories lol.

i once did an experiment: how fast you can get Relickeeper? (Free to play of course)

I created a new account and started to grind. getting heroes, leveling, ascending etc.

answer is: if lucky enough (i was) you can get Relickeeper at 3rd or 4th day

Jun 8, 2021, 11:0006/08/21
04/01/20

Hello Trevor, 

this goes back to bad RNG on your side, however i would say Nightmere Campaing has definitly higher drop rates regarding farmable Champs, also you might wanna farm stage 6 and 7 of the spirithost campaign location, you get better ues of the boots if they are 5 or 6 star.

Alpha H

Jun 8, 2021, 11:1306/08/21
08/08/20

I fuse Relickeepers for the champion chase events/tournaments (Its 300 points if you also wait with fusing the Justiciars), so I try to keep around 5 of all needed heroes in stock.

While restocking my spirithosts I needed about 3000 energy to get my first, and then 400 energy later I had 6. 

I love RNG.

Jun 8, 2021, 12:3306/08/21
12/19/19

Wait... you haven't fused relickeeper yet???  Or even justicar?  I am confused... 

Jun 8, 2021, 14:0706/08/21
01/15/21
Trips

Wait... you haven't fused relickeeper yet???  Or even justicar?  I am confused... 

I fused, and ate justicar about a week into the game, i had no idea there was an arbiter quest never mind that i would need it for a quest...i was super super casual logging on an hour a week for the first few months, it was only when i had to shield due to chemotherapy that i started playing more as i couldnt go out.

I didnt fuse relickeeper as he looked poor, i did fuze rhazin early as he looked good (and he is)

So now, thanks to shortsightedness i am here, 4.5k energy later with my GH magic accuracy at 10, in gold 4 and with a clear run to arbiter...except i am unable to drop a bloody spirithost :)

Luckily i can see the funny side !

Jun 8, 2021, 14:4706/08/21
12/19/19
Trevor Wilson

I fused, and ate justicar about a week into the game, i had no idea there was an arbiter quest never mind that i would need it for a quest...i was super super casual logging on an hour a week for the first few months, it was only when i had to shield due to chemotherapy that i started playing more as i couldnt go out.

I didnt fuse relickeeper as he looked poor, i did fuze rhazin early as he looked good (and he is)

So now, thanks to shortsightedness i am here, 4.5k energy later with my GH magic accuracy at 10, in gold 4 and with a clear run to arbiter...except i am unable to drop a bloody spirithost :)

Glad you can see the bright side! I would take a look at a few of the other missions ahead that are NOT retroactive.  Not sure exactly, but I believe the others that could cause a slow down are 6star ascending a new champ of each affinity and the potion combining.  With new potion dungeons the latter is much easier than prior for sure.  

I look forward to all the new Arbiter owners complaing about the next set of progress missions soon!  Hope you are working on DT and Tag Arena :)

Jun 8, 2021, 14:5706/08/21
01/15/21
Trips

Glad you can see the bright side! I would take a look at a few of the other missions ahead that are NOT retroactive.  Not sure exactly, but I believe the others that could cause a slow down are 6star ascending a new champ of each affinity and the potion combining.  With new potion dungeons the latter is much easier than prior for sure.  

I look forward to all the new Arbiter owners complaing about the next set of progress missions soon!  Hope you are working on DT and Tag Arena :)

Thanks and yup i have got a list of missions now and got champs at 50 with food and potions ready.

Tag team? god that is worse than arena, i think i am in bronze 4, i do enough to finish missions. I wont be complaining about the other missions though, more likely retiring now that life is returning to normal in the real world!

Thanks again.

Jun 8, 2021, 15:0506/08/21
04/12/21
Trevor Wilson

My experience with RelicKeeper is you do not want to meet a pumped up strong one in the arena. He can function as the whole team, as long as he wins a battle he will attack another target.  Fun to watch him running back and forth until all are defeated. I do it cuz of all the fusions it is the easiest for me.

Jun 8, 2021, 22:5206/08/21
01/15/21

Gave up on the stage, got her from spamming shards, and relic keeper fused :)

Will check future missions next time! thanks all :)