All Categories

New team skill instructions

Search
Jun 7, 2021, 13:0506/07/21
05/13/21

Just updated the game and was eager to test the new Team Setup instructions until I saw that the only thing we can do is change the cast priority.

Honestly, while I appreciate all the effort that has gone into making the changes, what I expected in a set of instructions is important things like:

-avoid using AoE when only 1 enemy is left

-avoid attacking out of action enemies (eg. frozen, sleeping, stun) and switch the attention to ready to act enemies

-set specific abilities to be used on specific rounds (like eg. 3rd round's Boss)

etc.

The only thing I find useful in the new setup is that there is -finally- a way to not use some skills at all.

Is there something I'm missing?

Views
Comments
Comments
Jun 7, 2021, 13:0806/07/21
01/19/21

No, seems like that's pretty much all there is. Quite underwhelming, but at least there's some use for it in specific scenarios. I would've liked a complete scripting engine with conditions and actions. See for example Dragon Age: Origins.

Jun 7, 2021, 13:1206/07/21
05/13/21

Exactly, that's what we should all ultimately want.

As a first step however, I expected some basic stuff like what I mentioned above or, at least, allow us to set skill priorities by rounds.

Besides not using a skill, I really see no other benefit in how the system is currently setup.

Jun 7, 2021, 13:3706/07/21
05/24/19

I do agree that the feature could be improved significantly, but as stated above it's a start. and quite a big one compared to what we had. Comparing this game to dragon age is a bit unfair as one is a AAA game and the other is a mobile gacha ( or at least started as one ) that said I will pass on the suggestion to the devs along with many of my own. I do not expect enhancements to come quick but we never know. 

P.S I would have loved to see a system similar to the gambit system in final fantasy XII ... but beggars can't be chosers. 

Jun 7, 2021, 13:4506/07/21
05/13/21

Dragon Age, FF XII, both games that I totally love mainly because of their Hero AI system. Thank you both for mentioning them.

However, it's not just AAA games that have an acceptable AI for the player's heroes. eg. have a look at this little game called Soda Dungeon 2. It's not an AAA game but still provides the features that we'd love to see here with conditional rules embedded to each class for their skills, eg. if any hero < 40% HP cast <skill1> etc.

If the devs of Soda could do it, I bet the devs of Raid can do it as well as Raid is vastly more complicated than Soda.

Jun 7, 2021, 14:0006/07/21
01/19/21

Comparing this game to DA:O is also quite unfair because DA:O is so much more complex that not only is it not in the same league, it's not even the same sport. A scripting engine doesn't have to be particularly complicated to be extremely effective, especially not in this game where the variables are fairly limited. You just need a way to fetch them, a few operators to convert to boolean, a parser for boolean logic expressions, a switch for control flow (if/else is sufficient), and actions to take (e.g. set skill priority, use/forbid particular skill and so on).

Just being able to, for example, forbid my Coldheart from using A3 on the minions in dungeons, or prevent Serris from using her A3 when the magic dungeon boss doesn't have her shield up would do wonders for their performance, and making a scripting engine that could handle those scenarios would be pretty simple.

Jun 7, 2021, 14:0606/07/21
08/08/20
hypersot

Exactly, that's what we should all ultimately want.

As a first step however, I expected some basic stuff like what I mentioned above or, at least, allow us to set skill priorities by rounds.

Besides not using a skill, I really see no other benefit in how the system is currently setup.

With all due respect, thats not basic stuff.

While the programming is not all that difficult - though very bug/exploit prone, you also need to present the options in a way that is easy to use and intuitive on a smartphone screen.

First, the sheer amount of environment states alone is a bit of a nightmare to display and manipulate in an orderly fashion. 

As an introduction to an programmable AI system, and in the timeframe presented, manipulation of a champions priorities is exactly what was to be expected, and it was exactly what we got.

Secondly, you are never going to cover it all, and people are always going to complain about that which was not covered.

Proof in point? This very post. What we have now is infintely better compared to what we had. Despite you are, lets be honest, complaining.

Jun 7, 2021, 14:2506/07/21
04/12/21

I like the new auto button to use in arenas, now I won't lose a speed race due to a microsecond flinch in pressing Start.

Jun 7, 2021, 16:5206/07/21
02/25/19

I like it so far. Can auto run Spider 20 in one round now with Fayne, Bad-El, 2 x CH and RG. Thanks, though a bit more AI as mentioned above would be nice.

Some more examples:

- if not provoked, avoid auto attacking enemies with a block damage buff 

- if not provoked, avoid auto attacking enemies with an unkillable buff and hp is already down

Esp. attacks like Longbeards Horde's Fury and Cardiels Heavenly Host should not be applied to enemies buffed in that way.