All Categories

Hacking/Cheating in Raid. YOUR Opinion?

Search
May 30, 2021, 23:0505/30/21
09/02/19

Recently it has been exposed that the Cheat Enging is being used by many players to speed up the game. 

This is different than using macros, or FPS manipulation (to increase the speed of gear leveling), because the Cheat Engine speed increase will increase all of the game animation speeds. I think it also increases the speed regeneration for energy, arena tokens, clan boss keys, ETC; increased speed of daily playtime rewards, arena matchmaking refresh button, ETC.

Also it seems that you can increase the speed as much as you want, even 50x speed.

So... while the Cheat Engine speed hack is different than using macros and FPS manipulation, They each give an overwhelming advantage to players who are using them when compared to players who are not using them.

Do you guys think that there is much of a difference between using Cheat Engine and using macros, FPS manipulation in regards to the benefit that it provides players, and the advantage players gain over players who are not using these tools?

It seems like Plarium deems the use of Cheat Engine to be a legitimate cheat in the game and want to ban players for using it. Do you guys think that using Cheat Engine should be bannable? Also do you think that players should be banned for using macros to auto farm, and using FPS manipulation to quickly level up gear?

Views
Comments
Comments
May 31, 2021, 14:0205/31/21
May 31, 2021, 14:27(edited)
03/04/21

Either they're in as part of the game, or out.

I was looking at the last fusion event, looking at which tournaments to focus on. Someone had made 2k points at the time I had roughly 200. No way, even with buying a ton of energy and gems could I have made it into the top slots to get the extra fragments. 

It's so obvious now the amount of use these tools get in these areas of the game. Someone shuts you out of the tops slots in a fusion event because they use overnight farming tools. So I have zero motivation for pushing the fusion event. I'm just not going to bother spending anything on the event. Not unless I run the tool too. Which I don't. I've spent some money to try the Brogni one but got shut out because of these tools I now see.

Speed things up so there is no motivation to use the tools for an advantage. I'm already at the point where I've watched content creators on twitch fighting a clan boss for 15 minutes and I'm thinking "I haven't got enough hours in the day to do that! When I get that far into the game that's when I'll stop." 

And now I see how they can be used to dominate every area of the game where you can get rewards (Arena, tournaments, fusion events, clan boss, clan v clan) why would I play the game at that level when others are getting the rewards and denying me from getting them? All these rewards that help me bear the upcoming time sink this game will be are snatched from my grasp. 

Harrrumph...

Edit: I came from Idle Champions where you can set up offline runs. They give a much lower return at a set rate per hour. They also added a way to set up two, three runs to run concurrently. Imagine if in Raid you could pay your energy/keys up front, set up a team and it then runs after you switch your PC off until it uses all the resources you paid up front. 

Have a limit to how many overnight runs you can set up/resources you can spend on them. Online multibattles still stay relevant. 

May 31, 2021, 14:0405/31/21
07/05/19

Judging by the lack of "discussion" in the forum about these "tools" I suspect many regular forumites are using these tools.

May 31, 2021, 14:5805/31/21
06/22/19

I don't see anything wrong in using autoclickers. They are very different in using speed hacks. It is true that all of this are 3rd party tools. But auto clickers are just for clicking. It does not manipulate anything in the game. 

While some may argue that it is still cheating. That is their opinion. I can respect that. But I have been in a game where auto clickers are bannable, true whales in that game hire real people to farm for them. So what is the difference? There are still someone or something clicking for you. Here in raid, there are content creators that offers services to build you  a team for clanboss, build dungeon teams, clean up your artifact inventory, etc. For me these are the same. You just pay real people to do things for you. You can ask them to farm dungeons for you but why do that autoclickers are free.

For speeding up gear upgrade. I never use these. Because I believe, even though it is not manipulating game data, it is like exploiting a glitch in the game where lowering frame rates causes to speed up animation. I could be wrong for calling it like a glitch. I am not a developer. 

Frame rate manipulation is actually in the game. It can speed up your dungeon runs for few seconds. Some players may not know, if you are using "slower" mobile device, it can add few seconds in your dungeon runs. While if you run the game in pc via Plarium play and set your frame rate to unlimited, you will notice you will have faster runs. This is why, even though I am anxious to use it, I still think using such software to manipulate frame rate is not bannable.

Speed hacks is straight up hacking/cheating. Since it allows you to finish your dungeon runs faster by manipulating something in the game. Adjusting frame rate is different, it adjust something in the computer and not in the game itself. Faster upgrade is just the "side effect" of doing that. This is why I call it like exploiting a glitch in the game.

When it comes to players who are already using them. They should get proper sanction for this. Stew admits that he is using it. There should be no excuse like their cheat detection tool is in development. They guy admits he is using speed hacks.

May 31, 2021, 15:0505/31/21
11/25/20

IT IS OFFICIAL ,, Speed hack are ILLEGAL ,,,, 

Auto Clickers are LEGALLY ALLOWED !!!

i

May 31, 2021, 15:0605/31/21
11/25/20

So caught using a Speed hack 

i

May 31, 2021, 15:0605/31/21
06/25/20

In all honesty, while I do agree this is a problem, it is one that shouldn't really affect the vast majority of the playerbase.

Yes, there will be those isolated instances where you're going to lose a tournament because someone finished way more runs than you're able to without using those tools. But honestly? If you're an FTP player, winning tournaments isn't really something you should be taking seriously to start off with. Players who choose to spend money have more than enough advantages already - it's a bit of a fool's game trying to compete with them.

I can't say I've ever felt disadvantaged because I'm using my phone without any speed hacks or anything like that. I will say I would certainly love for battles to go faster, but that's simply because I'd rather spend less time clicking, and not because I feel I'm at a disadvantage.

May 31, 2021, 15:3505/31/21
01/19/21

Account takeovers etc. for "commercial purposes" is actually explicitly forbidden by the ToS, unlike the use of third party tools which is not.

May 31, 2021, 17:5305/31/21
01/15/21

Generally as ftp i am energy restricted, but on events like the x2 speed event i will burn all my spare refills and gems and yes i use an auto clicker - no way will i tie my phone up for 8 hours!

So while i think the cheat engine is far more intrusive - i dont feel i am in a position to criticise those who use it since i use a tool unavailable to many mobile players

May 31, 2021, 18:0205/31/21
12/25/20

I think 3rd party hacks are actually covered in the ToS ,,,

> decipher, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, or otherwise attempt
to derive any code or underlying ideas or algorithms of any part of the
Service, including any Service available on or through Third-Party
Platforms; 

So to build a SPEED HACK 

you must do at least one , if not more of the Prohibited actions listed above ...... 

i

May 31, 2021, 18:2705/31/21
11/29/20

Since they've stated multiple times they don't intend to add 3x, 4x, etc speeds, makes me think the speed hacks are indeed crossing their line and they'll probably look at a patch to stop it or start banning. 

As pointed out above, it's clearly against TOS because the speed hack manipulates the timers in the game by manipulating system calls for the timers.  The artifact upgrade hacks just changes frame rates, which shouldn't touch any of the programs code (and if you can probably change your gpu settings to manually accomplish this), and the auto clickers of course just click your mouse button over and over... most gaming "mice" or "keyboards" even have macro's built in that can be set up to just click now.

I think a lot of arena defense teams are built around the concept of "make the battle last so long they just quit", so it is indeed cheating in the arena and for tournaments.

I do think plarium should reconsider their stance on adding a 4x option though.

May 31, 2021, 18:2705/31/21
May 31, 2021, 18:32(edited)
01/19/21
Max Pain

I think 3rd party hacks are actually covered in the ToS ,,,

> decipher, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, or otherwise attempt
to derive any code or underlying ideas or algorithms of any part of the
Service, including any Service available on or through Third-Party
Platforms; 

So to build a SPEED HACK 

you must do at least one , if not more of the Prohibited actions listed above ...... 

i

I can guarantee that is 100% false in the case of CE specifically. The method it uses is generic and I dare promise no one involved in the development of it has done anything involving the Raid code-base, and quite possibly never even played the game. As I understand it, all it does is intercept calls to timer functions in the OS and makes the program think more (or less) time has elapsed than it actually has. This is also a reason for why it doesn't work for all programs, specifically those that don't use that particular method to handle its execution speed. It's quite possible it doesn't alter the loaded memory of the game at all, but I'm not familiar enough with the implementation to say.

Edit: I can also add that I could achieve the exact same effect by, for instance, running the game from a virtual machine in which I speed up the OS kernel itself. That would guarantee that the game memory is completely unaltered, but achieve the exact same effect, so splitting hairs about exactly how you achieve it is a relatively pointless exercise.

That particular statement is also fairly toothless in many areas of the world. For example, if you reside in an EU member country, it goes against established law which explicitly allows reverse engineering etc. and to some extent also make modifications (there's a whole host of laws governing what you can actually do with it, but basically you have a lot of freedom to do so for personal use). A ToS cannot violate local law, which is why most ToS you see, including Plarium's, will include some variation of a statement saying as much.

May 31, 2021, 18:4005/31/21
May 31, 2021, 18:40(edited)
07/28/20
ALIEN

IT IS OFFICIAL ,, Speed hack are ILLEGAL ,,,, 

Auto Clickers are LEGALLY ALLOWED !!!

i

How can they say, "Auto-clickers don't provide fully automated account development..." ? This is completely assinine, albeit right on par with Plarium's unbelievable logic.

What else would you call running an auto clicker script 24 hours a day in a dungeon to farm loot and develop your account's gear? Sounds like account development to me! How do they consider running auto-clickers fair in the ToS when anyone without a computer is at a massive disadvantage in tournaments. Why is "fair" even a consideration when everyone knows, this game is completely pay to win regardless of anything they ever say. So if it's just about money, who gives a crap what 3rd party programs get used?!

There is no difference between auto clickers and apps that speed up the game. All are just quality of life improvements. And if auto-clickers are okay, then so should speed up apps. All of this is complete BS.

Alternatively, fix your stupid game. Dont make it take so long to play and the community won't have to go out and make/find this stuff. Stop sucking at game defvelopment.

May 31, 2021, 18:4705/31/21
07/28/20
chris

Since they've stated multiple times they don't intend to add 3x, 4x, etc speeds, makes me think the speed hacks are indeed crossing their line and they'll probably look at a patch to stop it or start banning. 

As pointed out above, it's clearly against TOS because the speed hack manipulates the timers in the game by manipulating system calls for the timers.  The artifact upgrade hacks just changes frame rates, which shouldn't touch any of the programs code (and if you can probably change your gpu settings to manually accomplish this), and the auto clickers of course just click your mouse button over and over... most gaming "mice" or "keyboards" even have macro's built in that can be set up to just click now.

I think a lot of arena defense teams are built around the concept of "make the battle last so long they just quit", so it is indeed cheating in the arena and for tournaments.

I do think plarium should reconsider their stance on adding a 4x option though.

People using speed hacks are generally heavily invested in the game from a fiscal standpoint. Plarium would be cutting off their own legs, or killing the goose that lays golden eggs. Same goes for content creators who generate hype and interest for the game. Plarium will never ban content creators or people who spend money in the game, its literally all they care about.

These programs aren't new, if Plarium cared they would have done something about it long ago.

May 31, 2021, 18:4905/31/21
01/04/20
REDAF

People using speed hacks are generally heavily invested in the game from a fiscal standpoint. Plarium would be cutting off their own legs, or killing the goose that lays golden eggs. Same goes for content creators who generate hype and interest for the game. Plarium will never ban content creators or people who spend money in the game, its literally all they care about.

These programs aren't new, if Plarium cared they would have done something about it long ago.

They  have been banning   accounts  using  speed  hacks.  

May 31, 2021, 18:4905/31/21
07/28/20

My point is that auto-clickers being allowed while other CEs are banned is outright BS. Ban them all or ban none. 

May 31, 2021, 18:5105/31/21
07/28/20
Harbby

They  have been banning   accounts  using  speed  hacks.  

where? who? Stewgaming is using it. You think they're going to ban one of the biggest cc's for this game and major advertisement for them? BS

May 31, 2021, 19:0305/31/21
11/29/20
REDAF

I really don't think banning would be their first step.  I'm guessing a patch will come out blocking CE, CE doesn't work on all games from my understanding, so there's ways to prevent it from working properly.

From the vid I watched, CE doesn't work on 10x speed because plarium throws an error message, wouldn't be surprised if that gets reigned in more.  Hopefully it's an eye opener for the need for a 4x option in game though.

I also saw someway say it works to regen energy faster?  If that's the case, definitely bannable, but it seems unlikely it works that way.

May 31, 2021, 19:1505/31/21
01/22/20

Hunting all kind of "cheaters" goes for centurys, thats why we have police , bounty hunter ect and Raid 😜Hope they can stop them and win this war 👍Justice for everyone (soon or later).

May 31, 2021, 20:0005/31/21
01/27/21

There is no difference.  Are you personally playing the game the way that Plarium allows through their client?  If the answer is yes, then you are not cheating (people like myself).  If you are not personally playing (autoclicker) or are changing how Plarium allows through their client (frame rate manipulation, cheat tool) then you are cheating.  But you know what?  I couldn't care less.  This is a PvE game and what someone else doesn't effect me in the least.  Obviously, if you are trying to buy a victory with tons of energy and are cheating by having a machine play the game so you don't have to, I can understand how with a utter lack of self-awareness you might be mad.  But that is not the sort of "player" (can we call them a player when they outsource the playing to a machine?) who I feel any sort of sympathy for.   Crying that you tried to buy the victory and you cheated first so this new cheating isn't fair to you is not a good argument.

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.