All Categories

I farmed like crazy. My experience with the 2x speed set event

Search
May 28, 2021, 00:3705/28/21
05/28/21

For the double speed set event I farmed dragon 24 at around 1 min 20 secs each run.

I got home around four hours after the event started. I only did 1 key on UNM and 1 key in NM daily. No daily quests, fw, arena, etc. Around 3 times a day I cleared my inventory and inbox.

The whole rest of the approximately 65 hours my pc ran dragon.

• I got ~41k tournament points
  • I used 40554 energy
  • Spent ~10k gems on energy refills
  • I received 2253 items
  • Of these 441 were speed set items (~19.57%)
  • I made around 115m silver

I've only looked at and rolled my speed set items so far. I got no quad speed rolls. No triple rolls on 6* items. I got four triple rolls on 5* pieces.

I'm super endgame so my standard on what's a super good item is quite high. I got around 10 decent to pretty good speed set items, but nothing super spectacular.

I got a triple roll on a five star chest which increased (with a max glyph) my arbiter from 337 to 345 speed which is good https://speedtest.vet/ https://vidmate.bid/

I got three 6* speed boots. Considering before this event I only ever had accumulated 3, that's cool. One has a double roll in crit rate, another a double roll in def%.

Overall my feelings about this are a bit better than neutral. Could have been better, but it's alright. I'm sure I'm gonna have a few good items from the other sets :)

Why did I do this? I've last spent money on this game around 9 months ago. In this time my gems climbed up from 8k to almost 27k just by daily doing everything there is to do in this game on the highest level.

There's so much to do every day that I almost never have the time to even use gems. The only times I use gems is when I wanna level a few champs and put them in mino over night or rarely a couple hundred at a fusion. So I thought let's spend some of the gems on this event.

TLDR: Spent 40k energy in dragon. Results are not great, but alright.

cheers.

Edited

Views
Comments
Comments
WraithModerator
May 28, 2021, 00:4005/28/21
07/26/19

I know rng is not with everyone. But out of over 100

Pc of speed gear, I hade 10 triple roll speed. I got very lucky 

May 28, 2021, 01:4605/28/21
01/04/20

Holy  crap.  Thanks  for  breaking  it  out  for  us.

May 28, 2021, 02:1405/28/21
06/25/20

This has got to be one of the very few times I've seen actual data presented in a a methodical fashion. Thanks!

I assume you didn't auto-sell any items? Statistically, assuming an even distribution of items, there is a 1/9 chance (normally) of getting speed sets. On 2x, I would expect 20% chance for speed items to drop (2x + 8x = 1, x = 0.1). Your results at 19.6% are pretty much exactly what I would expect to see.

Good that we have data now, to put to rest any threads from people complaining about the drop rates.

May 28, 2021, 07:5705/28/21
01/15/21

Thanks for sharing, you ran a lot more than me i only ran 9.5k energy in the end, i noticed my drop rate in the first day when i used most my hoarded refills was lower than in the second day onwards... i was convinced they had turned it on late!!

Did you see any difference in drop rate between days? it was probably just RNG but i had a 14% drop rate in day 1 and burned 4.8k energy on day 1.

May 28, 2021, 08:1405/28/21
07/05/19
kramaswamy.kr

This has got to be one of the very few times I've seen actual data presented in a a methodical fashion. Thanks!

I assume you didn't auto-sell any items? Statistically, assuming an even distribution of items, there is a 1/9 chance (normally) of getting speed sets. On 2x, I would expect 20% chance for speed items to drop (2x + 8x = 1, x = 0.1). Your results at 19.6% are pretty much exactly what I would expect to see.

Good that we have data now, to put to rest any threads from people complaining about the drop rates.

Actually that's not how the calculation works.

If X is the drop rate of a speed set, then normal drop rate would be:

X + Y = 1

and in this drop "frenzy" it would be

(2X) + (Y-X) = 1

Second, even if what Orochimaru done is quite high for one person, it is still a very limited number of sample.

Another one, even though I think Orochimaru has no reason to lie about his results, it is still an anecdotal report that can't be verified.

Statistically, this post is no different than posts where people complain about shard drop rate is "not accurate"

May 28, 2021, 08:2905/28/21
07/31/20

earning 19k gems without spending, sound .... generous giving from Plarirum .