All Categories

If you're thinking of trying Raid: Shadow Legends... don't.

Search
May 27, 2021, 12:4205/27/21
05/05/21

Hello everyone,,

The tl;dr is that they had a huge server outage for most players for the last 30 minutes at the end of a ~week-long tournament. Instead of winning based on your score, winners were who was lucky enough to be able to still log-in. This has happened before, and last time they didn't even issue compensation to affected players. This time, they've simply issued an apology, and no compensation seems coming. https://mobdro.bio/ 

Full context: I needed a legendary book, and I finally had a bracket that was reasonably competitive in the latest Champion Training tournament. I decided to go for. I have 600+ brews, dozens of chickens, 4k+ gems, and plenty of champions saved. I adjusted my real-life schedule and sleep to be awake when the tournament ended (why events don't goddamn end at a reasonable time for players instead of 2 AM is another axe to grind).

I was in first place, with a comfortable lead, when the servers went down. Even if my opponent had snuck in a few more points, or there was a bit of a sync issue, it shouldn't have been close. Or so I thought https://kodi.bio/.

Apparently, log-in was only down for some people, and 2nd place was able to easily pass me and secure the legendary book.

As you all know, legendary books are extremely hard to get in this game. Plarium's servers are deciding tournaments, and they won't do anything about it. This is now the second time this has happened to me, and last time we didn't even get compensation. I'm guessing this time is going to be the same.

Views
Comments
Comments
May 27, 2021, 14:0205/27/21
04/12/21

Whatever your issue, which I do not understand, I do not see how people that have never tried this game would see your message.

OracleCommunity Manager
May 27, 2021, 14:0805/27/21
03/02/21

Hi! Oh, sorry to hear that. I need to ask game designers whether it is possible to rearrange time of a Tournament ending in such a way so it doesn't interfere with the technical maintenance on the server

May 27, 2021, 15:2205/27/21
07/05/19
End Is Near

Whatever your issue, which I do not understand, I do not see how people that have never tried this game would see your message.

Well basically he had a tournament outcome being botched by server maintenance that effects him but not others in his group, making him lose the #1 spot even though he had depleted his in game resource

May 27, 2021, 16:4605/27/21
May 27, 2021, 16:47(edited)
04/12/21

not familiar with the tournament but what I was getting at is who would see his message if they were not using the game yet, ie "if you are thinking of trying..."

I suggest that the title be revised.

May 27, 2021, 23:5305/27/21
01/27/21
Oracle

Hi! Oh, sorry to hear that. I need to ask game designers whether it is possible to rearrange time of a Tournament ending in such a way so it doesn't interfere with the technical maintenance on the server

Well, last time this happened I reached out to Plarium and their response was

"Thank you for letting us know.

Unfortunately, we do not give compensations on a case-by-case basis. Still, we provide general compensation in case of mass issues.

We hope for your understanding."

It should be noted that I didn't ask for compensation outside of the free energy accumulation that I missed out on because my 30 free battles were interrupted when I was over the cap for an unannounced maintenance (it was when they shut down the pity counters, not that they explained themselves at the time they were rushing to do so).  I hadn't received the traditional energy refill from the maintenance, presumably because they rushed immediately into fixing that.  If only they'd display even 1/100th of that urgency on the arena issues.

Point being, we've informed them before that maintenance interrupts tournaments.  Hopefully you'll have more luck.