All Categories

How I counter Swift Parry and Reaction Accessories

Search
May 21, 2021, 14:4505/21/21
06/22/19

As we all know, Swift Parry set and Reaction accessories are very annoying in arena. I can turn the match from winning to losing with these.

To all who don't know, Swift Parry set put unkillable to the wearer with a 50% chance when about to die. And Reaction accessories prevents enemies from doing critical hits if the wearer were attack before the wearer gets a turn.

I don't know if there are videos in youtube that showcase this team so I will post it here anyway.

I was theory crafting how to counter these for quite some time now and I finally build a team after the release of a specific champion Genbo the Dishonored! Because of him, I have a team that can counter both Swift Parry and Reaction accessories at the same time.

Disclaimer. This is a very specific team. There could be other champions that can put block buffs to prevent swift parry like Uugo, but it can do weak hits to force affinity champions like Chandraphon which I don't like. 

My team consist of Arbiter, Kymar, Serris and Genbo.

Kymar can be replace by Gurgoh, but I like Kymar more as his reset also has turnmeter boost.

While anyone can say you can just go 2nd to bypass Reaction accessories but I feel this is risky.

The turn oder:

i

Arbiter uses A3 for turnmeter boost and attack buff

i

Kymar Sleeps everyone. The key move here in order to stop reaction from procing by letting them get a turn.

i

Serris decrease def. Any other non hitting decrease defense debuffer like Spider is good too. Unfortunately here I miss decrease def on Kymar. But it does not matter as Genbo can still 1 shot this guy. Arbiter uses A4 here in order to push turnmeter of Genbo.

i

Everyone wakes up, waste a turn. Thus, if they have Reaction accessories, they will not work anymore. Then Kymar uses A3 which also pushes turnmeter to prevent their Arbiter from cutting in. Kymar reset / turnmeter boost

i

Genbo Buffs and nukes

The stats:

i

i

i

i

These stats are not the best you can find :D But I really like this team set up as I can go on full damage on my nuker by not requiring it to have speed stats. I can concentrate on giving him damage.

I just build this today and I am still testing it. If I am wrong on some aspect or I miss anything just let me know :)

Views
Comments
Comments
May 21, 2021, 16:2105/21/21
12/19/19

Very nice.  My yoshi defense will destroy you though :)

May 21, 2021, 16:4305/21/21
06/22/19
Trips

Very nice.  My yoshi defense will destroy you though :)

I will be honest, there are also teams that I can not attack with this set up. First non of them have immunity gear so I can not attack Tormin. Second, Foli, he has passive that counters sleep. And maybe there are more. As for Genbo, he is a good damage dealer but he is not the best. 

What is your Yoshi build anyway? Your Yoshi maybe able to cut in between if he has more speed than my Kymar or he do weak hits. If there are force champions that I think is crucial for cc.. I use Gurgoh instead. 

May 21, 2021, 16:4705/21/21
06/25/20

This is super interesting. I have most of the same pieces - Arbiter, Kymar, Nethril, Big'Un is my current team. Very much considering swapping out Big'Un for Serris now, though, with your suggestion.

May 21, 2021, 17:0005/21/21
10/15/20

Way above my level of gameplay and it will take me 20 years to grind that gear, but i enjoyed reading this as its nice to see tactics in the game

Thanks for sharing!

May 21, 2021, 17:3605/21/21
12/19/19
JoinME

I will be honest, there are also teams that I can not attack with this set up. First non of them have immunity gear so I can not attack Tormin. Second, Foli, he has passive that counters sleep. And maybe there are more. As for Genbo, he is a good damage dealer but he is not the best. 

What is your Yoshi build anyway? Your Yoshi maybe able to cut in between if he has more speed than my Kymar or he do weak hits. If there are force champions that I think is crucial for cc.. I use Gurgoh instead. 

LOL, I am behind in my plan to build yoshi... behind in everything tbh.  Yoshi still has no gear, too much content for me to focus on anything.  I have recently shifted my attention to FW before Shadow gets added.  Knocked out 5 more, and think I have all the champs in vault except Skinwalkers to do the rest.  And maybe see if my gear has improved enough to finish DT120.  Then Tag Arena (S3/S4 oscilating) to Gold.  Though I might have my priorities backwards... 

May 21, 2021, 20:2805/21/21
05/13/19

The  way  I  counter  Reaction  Gear  is  by  building  my  Arena  Nuker  with  No  C.Rate.

My  Arena  Nuker  only  has Attack.

You  can't  Reduce  my  Chance  to  do  a  Critical  Hit  by  75%  if  my  hero  has  0  C.Rate.

Think  about  it!

i

I'm  going  to  make  Atk%  Gloves  Meta.

May 22, 2021, 10:1705/22/21
10/15/20

I recognized something that may fit into this thread, about countering swift parry sets (and Skullcrown): buff stealing "anticipates" buffs the defender get's during an attack. Peydma's A3 can onehit Skullcrown or champs wearing swift perry set and Peydma has an unkillable buff afterwards, even if the unkillable was not active before I attacked.

May 22, 2021, 10:4305/22/21
07/31/20

Let take madam Serris out, lol.