All Categories

Do you actualy test it before you release it???

Search
May 21, 2021, 07:3105/21/21
02/14/21

I am wondring, if you are testing the stuff you release, because just because something works in a spreedsheet in exel, thats not the same as what the player is seeing. 

I have read several post about there stille is a problem in Arena, and I can tell you, I are in bronze, and I still see teams full of lvl 60 Legos. So maybe there is a small improvment somewhere in the code, but that dont seem to have found its way out to the players. 

Views
Comments
Comments
May 21, 2021, 07:3405/21/21
02/14/21

i

May 21, 2021, 07:4305/21/21
May 21, 2021, 07:43(edited)
10/15/20

The marketing team is several hundred talented artists and marketing staff and to be fair the adverts are top notch.

The development team consists of 'bob' who does one day a week 

Play testing is carried out by 'Jill' who does half an hour every third friday.

May 21, 2021, 08:5805/21/21
May 21, 2021, 10:48(edited)
01/19/21

Unfortunately, if "tweaking matchmaking" is all they are doing, then it doesn't really solve much of anything, it only changes which players get screwed over. I'm guessing I'll be one of those getting screwed over, or at least I probably should be, and I'm just hoping that I get something in exchange for it. Probably not though. Thing is, it doesn't solve the issue of punishing people for collecting and equipping other champions than just their arena team, it doesn't address the fact that the arena is and will continue to get progressively harder for new players, and it certainly won't do anything about the meta to make participating in the arena anything more than a boring grind, at least until you actually have enough champions that you can do something other than hoping you're faster than the other guy.

If they were actually smart and/or interested in making the arena palatable, they'd introduce the bots that they're denying ever existed. Not as free wins, but as teams with reasonable difficulty for the tier they are in. It's a very simple solution that'd at least alleviate the problem somewhat. I don't think advancing in the tiers is necessarily the problem (although getting out of bronze should probably be easier and the missions are badly out of sync and should be looked at), but players should be able to find matches that are reasonable.

Generally speaking, a 50/50 success rate is about where you want a player to be at; enough wins to encourage them to keep trying, and enough losses to prevent complacency. Ideally, a player should end up in a position where that is the case, and remain there until they have what they need to advance. Of course, players should also feel that they aren't stuck there forever, which means you need to counteract the overall power inflation of players, and do something about the matchmaking on player power so that people don't feel like they are going backwards by developing their account.

All-in-all, Plarium has created perhaps the most frustrating pseudo-PvP system I have ever seen. If that was not their intention, they are almost impressively incompetent. If it was, well, then I have some far less kind adjectives to describe them.

May 21, 2021, 09:1605/21/21
02/14/21

I know HellHades have said that the bot system will be a bad move to introduce again, I have not seen it as I started late January, so im still a newbie. But I will like them to intorduce BOTS again, and we can have them while they fix the arena in the background.

May 21, 2021, 09:4605/21/21
May 21, 2021, 09:47(edited)
01/19/21

I haven't been overly impressed with anything HellHades has said on the topic so far. He has come to the conclusion that the arena has problems, which I agree with, but as far as I'm concerned he misses the mark on why pretty thoroughly. He seems pretty snowed in on the idea that people should be able to advance, yet he also seems unable to let go of this competitive environment delusion that Plarium shares. There's also the fact that making people advance just for the sake of advancing is pointless. If you want a healthy arena, then you also need to ensure that people don't just reach the top and then find they can't do anything when they are there.

If you want players to have a somewhat satisfying experience, you need that 50/50 thing I mentioned before. That's probably more important than advancing in tiers. Unfortunately, Raid also screws up that by making advancing in the tiers for the passive bonus and the medals to build the great hall practically mandatory, so yes, you do need a mechanism to allow players to advance as well, and the only way you can do that is to inject points into the system. How much depends on how many points are generated at the bottom versus the points taken away at every other stage, but you need a net positive or the arena will be stagnant, and you need it high enough that it doesn't take so long that players lose interest. Bots is one way to ensure that. There are others, but again, you want to do more than just letting people advance faster. Giving people reasonable opponents, in the form of moderated bots, is probably the easiest way to do both at the same time, but by no means the ultimate solution to all the problems.

May 21, 2021, 09:5305/21/21
01/31/21
EGDNIT

Unfortunately, if "tweaking matchmaking" is all they are doing, then it doesn't really solve much of anything, it only changes which players get screwed over. I'm guessing I'll be one of those getting screwed over, or at least I probably should be, and I'm just hoping that I get something in exchange for it. Probably not though. Thing is, it doesn't solve the issue of punishing people for collecting and equipping other champions than just their arena team, it doesn't address the fact that the arena is and will continue to get progressively harder for new players, and it certainly won't do anything about the meta to make participating in the arena anything more than a boring grind, at least until you actually have enough champions that you can do something other than hoping you're faster than the other guy.

If they were actually smart and/or interested in making the arena palatable, they'd introduce the bots that they're denying ever existed. Not as free wins, but as teams with reasonable difficulty for the tier they are in. It's a very simple solution that'd at least alleviate the problem somewhat. I don't think advancing in the tiers is necessarily the problem (although getting out of bronze should probably be easier and the missions are badly out of sync and should be looked at), but players should be able to find matches that are reasonable.

Generally speaking, a 50/50 success rate is about where you want a player to be at; enough wins to encourage them to keep trying, and enough losses to prevent complacency. Ideally, a player should end up in a position where that is the case, and remain there until they have what they need to advance. Of course, players should also feel that they aren't stuck there forever, which means you need to counteract the overall power inflation of players, and do something about the matchmaking on player power so that people don't feel like they are going backwards by developing their account.

All-in-all, Plarium has created perhaps the most frustrating pseudo-PvP system I have ever seen. If that was not their intention, they are almost impressively incompetent. If it was, well, then I have some far less kind adjectives to describe them.

Thats the thing, im hardly punish for progrss eather level up my player level, rise my player power, building my faction wars teams all of this make arena impossible to progress.

I stuck in middle of S2 and every small step i do to overall progress draing my arena lower and lower.

4 weeks ago has no issues to be in S4 but since then i naturally progressed in all areas of my account and was punished for it

May 21, 2021, 09:5705/21/21
10/15/20
EGDNIT

I haven't been overly impressed with anything HellHades has said on the topic so far. He has come to the conclusion that the arena has problems, which I agree with, but as far as I'm concerned he misses the mark on why pretty thoroughly. He seems pretty snowed in on the idea that people should be able to advance, yet he also seems unable to let go of this competitive environment delusion that Plarium shares. There's also the fact that making people advance just for the sake of advancing is pointless. If you want a healthy arena, then you also need to ensure that people don't just reach the top and then find they can't do anything when they are there.

If you want players to have a somewhat satisfying experience, you need that 50/50 thing I mentioned before. That's probably more important than advancing in tiers. Unfortunately, Raid also screws up that by making advancing in the tiers for the passive bonus and the medals to build the great hall practically mandatory, so yes, you do need a mechanism to allow players to advance as well, and the only way you can do that is to inject points into the system. How much depends on how many points are generated at the bottom versus the points taken away at every other stage, but you need a net positive or the arena will be stagnant, and you need it high enough that it doesn't take so long that players lose interest. Bots is one way to ensure that. There are others, but again, you want to do more than just letting people advance faster. Giving people reasonable opponents, in the form of moderated bots, is probably the easiest way to do both at the same time, but by no means the ultimate solution to all the problems.

Hellhades has not done an FTP series recently. He sees everything from a whale POV, heck he wants 120 quid for an account takeover. Nothing wrong with him making money from the game but - well it shows his perspective is from that of a whales.

Other content creators have done ftp series, coldbrew for example is doing an FTP series, is 140 days in and struggling in silver, with a 294 speed lead.

May 21, 2021, 10:2305/21/21
03/30/19
Naggzu

i

Okay cool. Now show us your roster please.

May 21, 2021, 13:2105/21/21
01/27/21
tanthil

Thats the thing, im hardly punish for progrss eather level up my player level, rise my player power, building my faction wars teams all of this make arena impossible to progress.

I stuck in middle of S2 and every small step i do to overall progress draing my arena lower and lower.

4 weeks ago has no issues to be in S4 but since then i naturally progressed in all areas of my account and was punished for it

Exactly the same with me.  I was in silver 4 after building Uugo.  Then I built Husk (max HP character obviously for PvE).  Then I build Saurus (campaign farmer).  Then I built a few characters primarily for Fire knight.  Then I build 2 characters solely for faction wars.  Then I took Basileus Rounas (my first legendary and one of 2 I have pulled) to 6 and I only use him in the potion keeps.  Now I'm in silver 2.  I haven't gotten a single new thing which would help with my arena team in that time.  I got 2 pieces which allowed me to push my Jorrg past my Khatun in speed farming dragon which moved my go-first charcter up 7 in speed which is nice but I've somehow slipped 2 tiers during that time because of PvE improvements.

May 21, 2021, 13:2405/21/21
01/27/21
trevor.wilson

Hellhades has not done an FTP series recently. He sees everything from a whale POV, heck he wants 120 quid for an account takeover. Nothing wrong with him making money from the game but - well it shows his perspective is from that of a whales.

Other content creators have done ftp series, coldbrew for example is doing an FTP series, is 140 days in and struggling in silver, with a 294 speed lead.

I appreciated his video yesterday where he did a refresh and then just went down the page in battles to show if he was winning the speed race with 294 speed in silver.  In case anyone at plarium would like to try to figure out if this makes sense to a rational human being who has made Plat before:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lyTVuqG8P8

May 21, 2021, 14:2005/21/21
May 21, 2021, 14:26(edited)
02/14/21
(JR) RAMBO

Okay cool. Now show us your roster please.

i

i

May 21, 2021, 18:2605/21/21
May 21, 2021, 18:31(edited)
10/15/20
  • I think you're allready using good arena champs. But 3 of them are only lvl 50, 2 of them not ascended. That's a quite obvious improvement to your team. 
  • Maybe Queen Eva would fit better as nuker than Galek. Her A3 resets it's cooldown, if an opponent is killed. That would fit good to your defensive strategy with Umbral. In your actual team, you get extra turns from the fact that the opponents only attack provoking, unkillable Umbral, but you can't use that extra turns properly as Galek has only one AoE attack. Queen Eva could do her A3 again, if at least one opponent died in her first turn.
May 21, 2021, 19:1105/21/21
May 21, 2021, 19:12(edited)
02/14/21

I am aware that some only is lvl 50, but I dont feel like using all my food champs now, I save some for when I get scyl the... And if I get a really good CB champ, cause i am lacking on that are. Or if I by Any chance get a good nuker 

The problem with queen Eva is that if she dont kill on the a3 she dont really have a good A1 or A2 to finish the rest. And she is build to be my speed farmer. Her Crit chance is just enough if she is lead cause of the aura and bonus on the A3. 

And she is often weak against the arena, it's often not force afinity in the arena. 

May 21, 2021, 19:1505/21/21
02/14/21

Then again, I do belive that my team is not a bad comp, and should be a silver team, but I just cant seem to progress to silver. Because I often meet so strong team. 

May 21, 2021, 19:3505/21/21
02/14/21
Naggzu

Then again, I do belive that my team is not a bad comp, and should be a silver team, but I just cant seem to progress to silver. Because I often meet so strong team. 

I am sorry but using level 50s past B1 is just asking for a butt kicking. 😀

May 21, 2021, 21:3605/21/21
02/14/21
Minin

I am sorry but using level 50s past B1 is just asking for a butt kicking. 😀

Yes I know that, but if we have to be real, that is hardly the way arena is suposed to work, New players that just start the game, dont have 4 lvl 60 legos to be able to play the game. It takes alot of time to get your first lvl 60, and then to get the gear to be able to get 230+ speed gear just to compete for the speed race.