All Categories

Please just remove DT Scarab

Search
May 17, 2021, 16:4205/17/21
06/25/20

This isn't a post complaining about the difficulty, or the lack of options available to win. I'm able to beat the boss no problem (on normal, that is, and for the floor 100 version).

It's just not fun. You need to use very specific teams, and the fight just takes forever to complete. If you make one mistake, you just lose, and throw away 30 minutes of your life.

It's silly that I can run everything else on normal on full auto, including the bosses, and have to waste time and energy on this one boss.

Views
Comments
Comments
May 17, 2021, 17:0505/17/21
08/18/20

Actually I like the diversity. If u could always put it on auto and hit play what's the point? We all have areas we like and dislike seems like there is no way they can please everyone all the time. And if they deleted a piece of content for each one of us there would be no game left. I can appreciate that u don't like that boss. I'm not keen on ice golem but deletion is probably not the answer.  

May 17, 2021, 17:1405/17/21
10/15/20

Metalshaper unlikes your idea of removing Scarabking, kramaswamy.kr. The barely used champs want some playtime as well.

May 17, 2021, 17:2705/17/21
12/19/19

Of the original DT bosses, the scarab is the only one that required some "real" strategy for me.  All of the others could be simply beat by having good gear.  I still detest the two new bosses, glad old rotation is back.  Though I do not look forward to future affinity changes for Scarab.  

Also, I am surprised you are struggling on Normal DT Scarab?  Do you not have anyone in Destroy gear?  I need to manual (on hard) but even on 100 I think was under 10 minutes, haven't gotten there yet this month.  

May 17, 2021, 17:3905/17/21
May 17, 2021, 17:42(edited)
03/17/21

MK @ 90k HP, 3k defense, regen set.

1 dead floor 100 scarab 211 turns (18:33) later.

The boss is asnine. While youtube videos make it look easy, what should be mentioned is that the people making those videos have extremely good gear far beyond the rest of the player base. Attempting to copy those builds as an average player is essentially a waste of time until one can farm the multiple +16 6* required.

May 17, 2021, 18:0705/17/21
06/25/20
Trips

Of the original DT bosses, the scarab is the only one that required some "real" strategy for me.  All of the others could be simply beat by having good gear.  I still detest the two new bosses, glad old rotation is back.  Though I do not look forward to future affinity changes for Scarab.  

Also, I am surprised you are struggling on Normal DT Scarab?  Do you not have anyone in Destroy gear?  I need to manual (on hard) but even on 100 I think was under 10 minutes, haven't gotten there yet this month.  

I'm not struggling with it, it's just boring and annoying. I can win just fine, it's just not fun at all to do.

Metalshaper, Nethril, High Khatun, Alure, and Armiger is my team. Armiger is still level 40, which does make it take a bit longer to burn down his max HP, though not hugely so.

May 17, 2021, 20:3705/17/21
04/14/20
Trips

Funny... for a lot of people, I dare say Scarab will become a LOT easier once he changes affinity, considering Alure - plus in my case Royal Guard as well. Should finally be doable on auto then, with thanks to Brogni as well. 

May 17, 2021, 20:4305/17/21
12/19/19

Maybe you are right, lol.  My team of MM Apo Stag Alure Armiger may not need to change at all.  I don't think I'll be able to auto against any affinity tbh though. I haven't thought about using Brogni yet.

May 17, 2021, 23:0905/17/21
06/25/20

Just to re-iterate how *not* fun this fight is. I just completed it. Took me 24 minutes, and during that time I couldn't use auto at all, because of how Alure AI works - she will switch to her A2 if enemy TM is below around 40%, and that could easily be the end of the run.

To demonstrate why, I need only look at something which actually happened during the run. Because of an A1 from Alure which hit weak on all three attacks, the enemy TM didn't decrease at all. Then, Khatun A3 didn't proc either, nor did Armiger A1. Fortunately Nethril A3 was up, and it managed to reduce TM enough that Alure got another turn, and then fortunately Alure hit all three of her A1 TMs to bring the fight back under control.

But at that moment when Alure missed all three A1 procs, I was about 15 minutes into the fight, and facing the very real possibility of having to restart.

At no point during the fight could I risk turning the auto on, despite being *way* overgeared for it.

And yes, I know, my team isn't 100% optimal. I know there are better champs, but I either don't have them, or haven't leveled them yet.

Requiring *four* TM control champs just to make the fight winnable is ridiculous.

Honestly - the simplest fix for the fight would be to just remove the Provoke debuff. Yes, I know, you can make a team with resist and plow your way through it instead, but this isn't on hard mode - this is normal, and it shouldn't require such a finely tuned team to win.

May 17, 2021, 23:5405/17/21
12/19/19

LOL, sorry.  I feel your pain with Alure AI, cannot wait until we can control the auto-settings.  You really need a destroy set though :)

May 18, 2021, 00:3005/18/21
06/25/20
Trips

LOL, sorry.  I feel your pain with Alure AI, cannot wait until we can control the auto-settings.  You really need a destroy set though :)

I mean, yes, I know, I can make the fight faster. A level 40 Armiger is clearly not the optimal way to bring down the shield. If I wanted to, I could easily outfit one of my spare level 60s that I don't use anymore with a Destroy set (Elhain, for example).

But while that would indeed reduce the likelihood of me ending up in a near-hopeless situation like I had described, it wouldn't solve the root problem. In fact, if I had been running someone other than Armiger, I would have probably just lost at that point; in that particular instance Armiger A1 didn't proc, but it's one more TM tool in the kit.

The root problem? It's simply not fun.