All Categories

free blue shards are no bargain

Search
May 17, 2021, 00:2205/17/21
04/12/21

just another way for Plarium to insult you by giving you bottom of the barrel rares and have you waste 20k in silver for them.  Insult because they actually spend time inventing that junk on purpose.

Views
Comments
Comments
May 17, 2021, 01:3905/17/21
04/25/20

well, considering that the chances of getting a good rare is relatively low(I mean, the champion pool is relatively large now), getting epics with 6% chance and legendaries with like 0.5% chance is just based on your luck. On the event last time, (I'm F2P btw) i got like 4 epics from 7 shards. so its just RNG. 

May 17, 2021, 02:2205/17/21
04/12/21

F2P here also, but their so-called RNG can give you ZERO epics from 100 shards, we have those reports here also. It is like balancing a seesaw, for people like you there has to be others that round out those Plarium odds which they say are community based, not individual.

I personally do not put trust in ANY of the odds that Plarium quotes, rather it is the odds of them making money that matters.

May 17, 2021, 07:4105/17/21
04/14/21
End Is Near

F2P here also, but their so-called RNG can give you ZERO epics from 100 shards, we have those reports here also. It is like balancing a seesaw, for people like you there has to be others that round out those Plarium odds which they say are community based, not individual.

I personally do not put trust in ANY of the odds that Plarium quotes, rather it is the odds of them making money that matters.

I pulled 7 ancients and 6 voids and got a lego from each (I was also miles away from the mercy system kicking in). RNG is RNG, the odds they quote are correct, they're just really bad odds.

Othertimes I've pulled way more and got rubbish, it happens. Instead of getting bent out of shape about the champs you didn't pull, continue working on what you do have.

May 17, 2021, 09:3905/17/21
May 17, 2021, 10:11(edited)
04/12/21

easy for you to say cuz you got something, many others do not

For example, campaign level 12 gives a junk champ called hound spawn, I get a bunch of those, very disappointing to spend 20k on a blue shard to get one.

May 17, 2021, 10:2605/17/21
04/14/20
End Is Near

No it can't, because however bad your luck, the mercy system would prevent that from happening. And nobody has shown that the mercy system doesn't work, as far as I'm aware. One guy was claiming that a week or two ago on these forums, as he had pulled more shards without a lego than should be possible - but then it turned out that his number of pulls had been from several different accounts added together, so of course the mercy system hadn't kicked in yet on any single account. 

People have done enough testing to show that the odds are accurate - you could still get very unlucky while others seem to get all the luck, of course, but the mercy system will prevent extremely bad outcomes like the 0 epics from 100 ancients you mentioned. 

May 20, 2021, 10:1205/20/21
04/12/21
L9753

No it can't, because however bad your luck, the mercy system would prevent that from happening. And nobody has shown that the mercy system doesn't work, as far as I'm aware. One guy was claiming that a week or two ago on these forums, as he had pulled more shards without a lego than should be possible - but then it turned out that his number of pulls had been from several different accounts added together, so of course the mercy system hadn't kicked in yet on any single account. 

People have done enough testing to show that the odds are accurate - you could still get very unlucky while others seem to get all the luck, of course, but the mercy system will prevent extremely bad outcomes like the 0 epics from 100 ancients you mentioned. 

my point was not about epics or legos, just the junky rares I still get from blue shards...where is the mercy system on that? huh?  Huh? Just a corrupt unfair game in every area and every spin of the wheel.

And your main job here is to defend Plarium, always and in all ways

May 20, 2021, 10:3505/20/21
May 20, 2021, 10:36(edited)
04/29/20
End Is Near

easy for you to say cuz you got something, many others do not

For example, campaign level 12 gives a junk champ called hound spawn, I get a bunch of those, very disappointing to spend 20k on a blue shard to get one.

they just have to exclude heroes from campaign from blue shards pull...easy fix, if they want to do it...

May 20, 2021, 10:5505/20/21
12/24/19

You re talking as if 20k silver wasnt very expandable resource? You get that much from a single brutal 7-3 run, which is mere 8 energy. And you re probably better off saving shards and pulling during x2 rather than popping them randomly and hoping for miracle 0.5% chance to get a legendary champion, which in fact might be arguably worse than some epics.

May 20, 2021, 11:2705/20/21
08/08/20
End Is Near

my point was not about epics or legos, just the junky rares I still get from blue shards...where is the mercy system on that? huh?  Huh? Just a corrupt unfair game in every area and every spin of the wheel.

There is no mercy system on that.

And no-one every said there would be. So there no quotes from Plarium about those odds either.

Except for the x10 events I suppose.

When you use a blue shard there is a small chance for an epic, and an even smaller for a legendary. The mercy system increases those odds if you have been unlucky.

Once it has been decided what rarity you get, it pulls a hero from the available pool. The mercy system has nothing to do with this anymore.

In case of blue shards, and if you get a rare, it will pull a random hero from all non-void rares. You can take a look at how many there are, how many are good and how many are sucky, and determine your own odds there. Spoiler alert, they are not that good.

But then again, this is not a game about working with what you want, but its about working with what you have.

My first Legendary was Grohak the Bloodied. According to many, one of the worst out there. But he carried me through most dungeons. Sucky is a bit subjective.

May 20, 2021, 13:2905/20/21
06/25/20

This is a silly thread.

Ancient shards are not junk, they are the most reliable way to get epics in the game. Wait for a 2x to use them, and you'll be getting quite a few epics and often some legos.

I currently have 57 ancients, and I expect by the time the next 2x event happens I'll be at closer to 70. That will all but guarantee me at least one lego, and give me a very good chance of netting a few more epics. Sure, most will just end up being food, but that's the nature of the game.

May 20, 2021, 14:0005/20/21
04/14/20
End Is Near

I replied to the post I quoted, not to your original post at the top - and the post I quoted was spreading conspiracy theories about not getting a single epic from 100 ancients, so I debunked that. 

You clearly don't know me at all and can't have read many of my posts if you think I always defend Plarium, but since most of your posts are angry rants full of nonsense anyway, I guess I shouldn't be surprised by that. Not that there's anything wrong with angry rants as such, Plarium certainly gives us enough reason for those - it's the full of nonsense part that is the problem.