All Categories

Arena is finally fair...so whats the problem?

Search
Mar 31, 2021, 19:5403/31/21
10/07/20

Its players with similar power pitted against each other...no more fights with lvl 30 bot pages...isnt that how its supposed to work?.i dont get why all the complaining..

No more easy G4 for players who didnt belong in G4,now they actually have to play the classic Arena  and not mindlessly kill weak bots

This is a fix made by Plarium,its how Arena is supposed to work

Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 31, 2021, 20:3603/31/21
01/31/21

As long is not part of big PvE

Mar 31, 2021, 20:4103/31/21
08/15/20

Hmm... so it is fair that people in bronze with 60k teams face 100 - 120 k teams? 

Mar 31, 2021, 20:4403/31/21
Mar 31, 2021, 20:45(edited)
01/19/21

Well, bronze and silver have a problem separate from gold, as gold doesn't use that system if Plarium is to be believed. Matchmaking against similar player power has some very severe side-effects, most notably that just collecting champions will make things harder for you even though they don't actually make you more powerful. It applies dual punishment for not managing your resources "correctly" for no apparent reason, when the punishment for wasting resources is sufficiently left as wasted resources. It doesn't even have to be wasted resources, it could simply be that you have different priorities from how Plarium expects you to play (and without having the decency to inform you of the rules). Furthermore, it ensures that success in the arena is less related to your performance in the arena, and more related to everything else you do.

Even as a fix, it's unnecessary. The game already has a built-in, far more accurate representation of your arena team potential; the arena points. If you have a strong team, you'll win more. If not, you won't. By matching based on player power, the only thing you've done is create tiers within tiers, and you'll end up with a situation where team A could beat the snot out of team B, but B can climb much higher up because it only gets to fight against much weaker opponents than team A does.

Just have random matchmaking within tiers, and strong teams will climb up the tiers and not bother the weaker teams at the bottom. I can only really think of one semi-valid reason for doing it the way it has been done, and that is if the arena is so saturated with strong teams that even the bottom tiers are too much. Even then, this doesn't actually fix anything, it just tries to hide the symptoms and creates problems in other areas instead. If there is literally not enough of a strength range for arena teams to make the difficulty of each tier reasonable, regardless of your own power, then they'll have to rethink the arena design (which I'd say they should do either way since the game by nature is not a good fit for PvP content and if it's not bad already, it'll only get worse over time). What they have now is just a band-aid solution, and a really bad one at that.

I could go on, but those are the main points related to the matchmaking system of bronze/silver.

Apr 1, 2021, 03:5404/01/21

Fair in bronze 1... and similar power isn't ?

i

And just a question, Plarium why not wrote this hidden nerf to 3.40 patch list when they released out?

Apr 1, 2021, 06:5804/01/21
03/30/19
Deleted

Fair in bronze 1... and similar power isn't ?

i

And just a question, Plarium why not wrote this hidden nerf to 3.40 patch list when they released out?

You don't even put HK as lead lmao.

Your team is 10 times more OP than that joke of a team with no speed lead, no speed buffer or anything.

Kael and Warmaiden should wipe the entire enemy team before they even get a turn. 

Yes it's fair to see such weak teams in Bronze 1, why not?

Apr 1, 2021, 07:4804/01/21
10/15/20

I didnt want to start a new thread, but can someone advise how i can stop getting just three matches on refresh? It has happened on the last 3 refreshes now

i

Apr 1, 2021, 07:5004/01/21
03/30/19
trevor.wilson

I didnt want to start a new thread, but can someone advise how i can stop getting just three matches on refresh? It has happened on the last 3 refreshes now

i

It's a bug, sometimes I get even one single match, and if I can't beat that person I have to refresh. I don't think there's anything we can do about it tho

Weird.... 

Apr 1, 2021, 07:5304/01/21
10/15/20

I personally think player power is a terrible measure of how experienced in arena a player is.

Someone who has focussed on say...faction wars is going to suffer, i would base it on great hall development.

The other issue is that as you go down tiers (or up!) there should be a notable change in difficulty. With matchmaking there can feel like no difference in difficulty (i know this is not the case with gold).

Apr 1, 2021, 07:5504/01/21
10/15/20
(JR) RAMBO

It's a bug, sometimes I get even one single match, and if I can't beat that person I have to refresh. I don't think there's anything we can do about it tho

Weird.... 

Very odd!, thanks :)

Apr 2, 2021, 06:1204/02/21
(JR) RAMBO

You don't even put HK as lead lmao.

Your team is 10 times more OP than that joke of a team with no speed lead, no speed buffer or anything.

Kael and Warmaiden should wipe the entire enemy team before they even get a turn. 

Yes it's fair to see such weak teams in Bronze 1, why not?

And 80k teams in bronze 1 thats normal... .

Oh man. And thats nor my team just an illustration from crap arena.

Fair arena ? LOL

First 3 enemies from refreshed opponents list. 

i

i

i

So, stop tiring me with fair arena blabla

Apr 2, 2021, 07:1004/02/21
03/30/19
Deleted

And 80k teams in bronze 1 thats normal... .

Oh man. And thats nor my team just an illustration from crap arena.

Fair arena ? LOL

First 3 enemies from refreshed opponents list. 

i

i

i

So, stop tiring me with fair arena blabla

You have Arbiter and you're stuck in Bronze? 

How does that work?

Apr 2, 2021, 07:4204/02/21

Man at least read the answers.

"Oh man. And thats not my team just an illustration from crap arena."

Bronze 1 > 80k teams. Thats really fair against for new players...

And i saw 170k teams in bronze 3, when my girlfriend played with her account.

IN BRONZE 3.... She really can upgrade his town hall isnt and reach mission goals...

Apr 2, 2021, 07:5304/02/21
Apr 2, 2021, 07:54(edited)
07/31/20

Year ago, April 2020 as I remember, Plarium first time started Classic Arena HARD mode, I should remind you that there were no bots at that time, all real players. 

It was NORMAL mode before April 2020 when I reached and stayed in Gold IV for months. When Plarium turn Classic Arena from NORMAL mode to HARD mode, my level going down from Gold IV to Silver I in 1 month, it keep going down, everytime I fight, I lose, (Also remind you that I am not a whale, lol), whales stay, low spender + F2P going down. 

So, What was the difference between NORMAL mode vs. HARD mode (with all real players) ? The opponent list. 

- Normal mode: the list show all available players, weak + strong, abiter leads or any champs lead, aura + non-aura. 

- Hard mode: the list hide all weak players, only show players with high speed lead + 3 legos (or mix lego, epic champs). 

----------------------

Don't ask why F2P + low spenders often lose in this HARD mode, because Plarium want them to lose. Now take a look carefully, there are many F2P + low spenders teams around you, 500,000 teams, how come you guys only see Opponents with Legos ? 

P/S: I name Normal mode, hard mode, I do not know anyone talk about it in this forum or reddit, no hellhades or goddess, whoever they are.