All Categories

My Turvold is too squishy for the arena

Search
Mar 29, 2021, 13:4903/29/21
02/20/21

My Turvold awesome in dungeons, doom tower, campaigns... but in the arena he is frequently killed before getting his first turn as I am finally climbing tiers ( a little bit). Luckily he is usally paired with Ursala who can revive him almost immediately, but I'd like him to keep standing.

I don't have tons of better gear to choose from (yet) but could use some advice as to how to better pick the stats to concern myself with, (i.e. what stats should I push more towards, and what stats can I sacrifice more)

I saved up my gems and bought him his masteries, they are mostly similar to ayumilove's suggestions.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

i

Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 29, 2021, 15:1003/29/21
05/24/19

One strategy you can follow for him is to stack as much attack , crit rate and crit damage as you can with similar speed as what you have now,  he can die and then ursala would bring him back with 60% TM allowing him to take a turn. That said your best option for an arena nuker at the moment would be Skullcrown. 

Mar 29, 2021, 15:1703/29/21
04/14/20

It looks like you're focusing too much on sets instead of stats... 3 star boots, on your most important champion, going by your description? 

He's on the slow side, though not super slow - whether that is a problem depends on the rest of your arena team. His crit damage is very low, which is a pity considering the maxed crit rate, while his accuracy is also very low so he won't be putting many weakens. It may not be possible to fix all of those things without sacrificing other important things - but you should at least fix some of them. 

But you have enough level 60s now that you should be specializing your champions - he shouldn't *have* to be good in arena as well as everywhere else. An arena Turvold probably doesn't need accuracy, because his job is going to be putting the A2, then A3 and make sure it's a kill so cooldown resets and you use the A3 again - you'll barely ever use the A1. A dungeon Turvold does need accuracy and a bit more survivability, even at the expense of reduced crit damage. 

So do you need this guy in arena at all? You have Altan if you want a single target nuker in arena, to go with your Skullcrown and Uugo. 

Mar 29, 2021, 19:3703/29/21
02/20/21

thanks!  maybe I'll take him out of my arena team for the time being

main reason he has 3 star boots is that they were my only speed available

Mar 29, 2021, 21:0103/29/21
08/15/20

If he should work in arena, you might also consider getting rid of the lifesteal equipment....that is great for dungeons...but for arena you might want to maximise your damage potential and the ability to land debuffs...

Mar 29, 2021, 21:5503/29/21
05/13/19

You need a Speed Nuking - Crowd Control Set up to make Turvold work properly.