All Categories

Minotaur

Minotaur

Search
Dec 22, 2020, 14:0612/22/20
04/25/20

Minotaur

Ok, i'v been doing some math and really think Plarium should consider to raise droprate of Divine Scrolls by +100% would be fair imo. Even Advanced Scrolls should have a slight raise of tops +50%.

These numbers are made up under best case scenario where you have 130 Energy pool, can farm Minotaur 15 and get max drop every single run are unemployed no firends or family and doesnt need to sleep.

Basic scrolls: 100 scrolls needed, 32 is max drop and needs 4 runs to max. No issue there.

Advance scrolls: 600 Scrolls needed. 16 is max drop and needs 38 runs to max. Could have a drop raise by tops +50%

Divine scrolls 950 Scrolls needed. 12 is max drop and needs 80 runs to max. Needs a drop raise of no less than +75% even 100% would be fair.

Best case scenario it takes 122 runs, 14 Energy each run makes it 1708 Energy. Per champ.

You can reg tops 480 Energy per 24h + 2 free Energy bottles per day gives you a total of 740 Energy per day as a F2P. Wich ends up to take 2.3 days to max 1 champ, if you work around the clock and not spending a single energy on anything else or waste it because energypool is full. 

Lets make an example of myself to compare to the example above. im still a "new" player. I'v been playing for roughly 6 months now and have the worst rng in the world wich makes my account weak, im only able to farm Minotaur 13 where droprate for Divinescrolls are less than half and needs 190 runs if i hit jackpot every run, wich transforms into 2660 Energy, for just the divine scrolls it will take me 3.5 days. 

And for all haters out there this is not a post about me whining or suggest i would be forsaken. this is just a post to light up the insanely low droprate of especially Divine scrolls.

And i believe this change would'nt have any greater impact. Impatient players would still buy gems/energy or use gems to instantly max out Masteries because it would still be quite a grind. but for us who doesnt spend loads of cash on games it would make a fair difference and maybe reduce people quitting game because if an insane grind when getting decent or good gear already is an amazing grind itself. 

With all that said. This is examples made in a best in case situation and therefore i believe this is a thing Plarium should take in consideration for real, because scrolls droprate needs some love.

If theres anything i havnt thought of or something missed please tell me. 

Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 22, 2020, 14:2512/22/20
05/16/19

I'm not entirely disagreeing with your sentiment here but I'd like to make a few points for the current state of Mino. 

First, would you believe that the scroll drops we have now is already a buffed version lmao. If I remember correctly, the scroll drops for stage 15 way before were equal to the current scroll drop of Mino 13. I think this was the patch when I started playing so I can't say I've experienced the pre-buff rates but I also farmed 13 to get WM/GS for my first team too. This brings me to my second point, masteries can be bought with gems now. If I had this option back then I could have just bought the masteries for my starter Athel (maybe Apothecary too), and that could have made it easier for me to go farm 15 instead.  

So in conclusion I think mino farming isn't too bad considering how farming masteries will always get you what you want for each energy spent unlike say, farming dungeons where you can still get mystery shards or unusable gear. 

Dec 22, 2020, 20:2212/22/20
04/25/20

Wouldnt be surprised if they already buffed it tbh. (lulz)

I get what you mean with the part "you know what you get" from mino. 

BUT!

If we're more realistic about actual droprate i would say you generally get half the max drop wich doubles number of runs, thats around 244 runs, wich transforms into 3416 Energy.

If you transform this energy into gems it would cost 1080 gems worth to do it "the right way" while buying only costs 800. Shouldnt the buy option be the expensive lazy way to top out masteries?  

Instead Plarium makes this a punishment to actually farm for scrolls as it is now.

Isnt Mino dung in that perspective totally meaningless?

Dec 23, 2020, 16:5712/23/20
05/16/19

Actually the average is just around 600 gems if you run mino. That's 200~ gems saved+ silver and EXP, so I think that's more than fair. Raid Youtubers have done videos about this subject, you can look them up to get the in-depth explanations. :)

Dec 24, 2020, 06:0212/24/20
01/22/20
Lxzy

Actually the average is just around 600 gems if you run mino. That's 200~ gems saved+ silver and EXP, so I think that's more than fair. Raid Youtubers have done videos about this subject, you can look them up to get the in-depth explanations. :)

I figured that long time ago after buying first masterys with gems (btw yay you got all masteries in one shoot) but if you are ftp (as i am too) you will calculate every gem where to save, so i rather grind and save some gems plus i got silver beside and xp (when ever i have xp lol). At the end i got masteries and still leftover my (so needed) gems. 👍😉

Feb 1, 2021, 20:2702/01/21
05/13/19

You don't need a Minotaur team.

All you need is 800 Gems.

Feb 7, 2022, 08:2602/07/22
10/06/21

The grind is kinda crazy, whether you are FTP or PTW. Obviously, if you have the gems to spend that is the easier option, but even if you are PTW you might want to use those gems on other things in the store. I'm kind of a PTW whale and I hate to admit it, but even then actually grinding out mastery scrolls when you are out of gems kinda sucks. I can't imagine what solely FTP players have to go through as I've spent like 2-3 hours just grinding out minotaur 15 today for 2 champs. I'm trying to appeal to both parties here. Both have valid points. It does suck having to use all your energy and/or autoruns just for scrolls when these resources could be utilized elsewhere. I'm torn between a 50/50 scale on this issue because I'm like half FTP half PTW depending on the circumstances.

Feb 7, 2022, 13:3102/07/22
06/25/20

The easier solution is to just:

1. Add super raids to minotaur
  2. Raise max level to 20
Feb 7, 2022, 21:4802/07/22
Feb 7, 2022, 21:49(edited)
06/29/19
kramaswamy.kr

The easier solution is to just:

1. Add super raids to minotaur
  2. Raise max level to 20

Hey there

afaik neither of that is planned right now, but it's a known suggestion the devs are aware of.

Maybe we get lucky in the future and the minotaur gets some love.

Cheers, Strangiii

Feb 8, 2022, 12:3202/08/22
06/20/19
KungHenrik

Wouldnt be surprised if they already buffed it tbh. (lulz)

I get what you mean with the part "you know what you get" from mino. 

BUT!

If we're more realistic about actual droprate i would say you generally get half the max drop wich doubles number of runs, thats around 244 runs, wich transforms into 3416 Energy.

If you transform this energy into gems it would cost 1080 gems worth to do it "the right way" while buying only costs 800. Shouldnt the buy option be the expensive lazy way to top out masteries?  

Instead Plarium makes this a punishment to actually farm for scrolls as it is now.

Isnt Mino dung in that perspective totally meaningless?

I tend to disagree with this.  Doing it the 'right way' is F2P, however long it takes.  Doing it the'lazy' way pretty much requires some minimum level of spending.  So, no, it's not more expensive to do it the 'right way.'

Feb 8, 2022, 19:3802/08/22
08/01/21

It's hard to imagine them changing something so well-integrated into their money printing machine.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Minotaur grind is Plarium's main source of gem pack revenue.  

Nov 24, 2022, 19:5011/24/22
Nov 24, 2022, 19:52(edited)
08/30/21

I would love 2 agree with the TC  the problem is F2P games make their money on micro transactions and with any F2P most of those games are intended to be slow.  It's their way to increase their odds of making money bc some players are impatient and will pay money and others are addicted to buying they intend for games to work in ways that would entice ppl to buy instead buy

dthorne04Moderator
Nov 24, 2022, 22:1311/24/22
12/30/20

Today, I am thankful for this post getting necro'd a second time. :)

Locked.

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.