All Categories

Community and Forum management

Search
Mar 27, 2020, 09:0303/27/20
01/27/20

Hey,

I know I'm not the most beloved Person here in the Forums (or by mods / cm in General ^^ ) but there are a lot more People than me using the Forum as main way of communicating and it would be great if the Company would actually value the Forum for what it is - and handle it in this way.

I know plarium fokuses on Discord - but that doesn't mean the Forums can/should be ignored - and this is exactly how it often feels. There is nearly None to literally None interaction of mods/cm's with Topics in the Forums (except announcements, but there they only Reply to positive Feedback if at all and ignore everything else, even if they ask for Feedback) and since Valdys switched from Game-Discussion we don't even get the once/twice per day cleanup removing all the ridiculous ma8xx.net spam-Posts (which could be reduced by only allowing accounts to post after they verified a game account with lvl5+ Maybe --- or just check the Forum 3-4x a day which Costs 5min each?).

Not everyone can be on discord the whole time (not to Mention, if you switch to discord on your phone and stay there for 5+ min you have to re-login and see the "super amazing offers" you already clicked away 3+ times that day again when you switch back to the game) so in General what would be nice / an improvement would be:

• More interaction in the Forums by mods/cm's (at least try to interact with 1-3 Topics outside of announcements per day?)
  • Better "cleanup" Routine so the Forum is useable without spending most of the time checking where are new Posts in between spam-Topics (at least remove the spam-threats by maxxx.net 2-3 times a day?)
  • One pinned Topic in announcements or game-discussion where the latest News are posted (like the announcement-part on discord?). You wouldn't Need 10+ pages in there, just one pinned and locked Topic with one to five postswhere you just copy-n-paste the same info you post on discord for those who can't have discord open at work (like the info About shard-event not working or if there is a known in the Weekly BP missions). The workload for this would be super low --- as you anyway post that on discord it's Control-a, Control-c, open the Forum, open the post, click edit, Control-a, Control-v, save?

Yes, there are reasons why some Things are handeled in certain ways….. but as a paying customer I expect at least some effort from the side of the Company. If the payed CM's have too much to do Maybe get another one…. or more mods (and think About compensating those for the work they are doing which might improve their Motives to interact / do more?). It's not like this game is "barely braking even" Looking at the numbers available on Cashflow (and knowing that there is only one Server --- and less than 20 programmers Looking at the "Speed" of "new Content" - like everything except new heroes - coming out).

Yes, again I'm a "bit salty" but it doesn't feel good to feel ignored by a Company you actually give Money to so I hope you may excuse me if something triggered you while reading this - I didn't mean it in a personal offensive way against any Person working for plarium as, most likely, those are underpayed and overworked and "tuned to maximise Profit" like everything else here ----- which is fine, up to a certain Point (the maximising profit part, not how they treat their CM's and mods) but plarium blasted past this Point a Long time ago and should consider turning it a bit down again, offering more for the community which payrolls this "Project" of them and treating those and their employees a bit better / taking all the People involved here a bit more serious :(

Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 27, 2020, 11:1203/27/20
08/26/19
I think it’s worst than how you described it. 
Mar 27, 2020, 12:0403/27/20
Mar 27, 2020, 12:04(edited)
02/13/19

Maybe I should come back. :P

Mar 27, 2020, 14:2203/27/20
12/19/19
Valdys said:

Yes, please :)
Mar 27, 2020, 14:3303/27/20
01/27/20
Valdys said:

I'd love that in a way …… but also I'm happy we're not mortal enemies anymore, so I'm torn between having you back and actually getting along with you :D *lol*